The Gaze of a Thousand Wonders

The Gaze of a Thousand Wonders

A Chapter by Julie Shi MacPherson
"

If we could see though everything in the world we wouldn't need eyes

"
Eyes that hold the key to the world’s future may also destroy that same world that it was protecting. It does not matter the color nor the shade they may be eyes tell the story of the person that they belong. However, if they belong to a great hero who had braved many adventures well these eyes may save this world. Through another eyes we can gain the knowledge to change the world for the better. Eyes blinded to the world but connected though sounds and feelings.

Even though he could not see Cresil he could feel his eye cold gaze. His voice was soft but he could sense the malice through its tone. 

"Are you here to kill me?" The scuffle of a shoe against the ground told Kagari he had stopped.

"Kill you, now where would that get me." Cresil laughed taking a seat on the bed next to him. The bed rocked with movement then settled. "You see." Cresil took a pause.

"I'm here for a greater reason.” Cresil own words made him burst into 
laughter so hard that he eventually fell to the ground with a thud. “You should have seen your face.” After the laughter stopped, Kagari could hear him trying to regain his posture and breath.

"My face? What’s wrong with it?” Hands came down hard on his shoulders rocking his whole body inside and out.

“You my friend are dumber than you look.” Those words stuck home sending Kagari into a fit of rage. Yet he sat quietly bearing with it to a point.

“Are you as dumb as you sound?” He threw Cresil words right back at him at full force. He only wished that he could see the look he had created on his face.

It went quiet, so silent Kagari might have thought he was once more alone. Outside the wind whistled though the trees branches. Suspense had built within making him curious of what was going on. 

“Ha, is that all you can think of?” Cresil spat those words out with as much anger as he could muster. The soft sound of clothing rustlings confirmed the movement of shoulders shrugging.

“Can you two stop arguing like kindergartener’s on a playground?” A loud slap echoed throughout the air. Surprised Kagari let out a gasp jumping backwards on the bed.

“What was that for?”

“Keep your mind on the mission.” The person let out a long sigh and walked forward not a sound made from his feet. “If you can’t do this much then what are you good for?”

“But, Izanagi he started it.” The atmosphere in the room went completely dark as if stuck by and unknown malice. “I don’t care who started it I’m ending it.” The man known as Izanagi said in an immense growl.
The sound of a fist whizzing though the air made him freeze up.  Kagari waited for impact but it did not come.  He felt the sound brush of a fingertip on his forehead but by then it was too late to stop what was to come.  Pain filled his whole body so incredibly painful that it sent his body into shock locking up. A punch hit him full force knocking Kagari unconscious.


© 2012 Julie Shi MacPherson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on June 2, 2012
Last Updated on June 2, 2012


Author

Julie Shi MacPherson
Julie Shi MacPherson

Wayne, MI



About
Hello there!!! My name is Julie MacPherson. I'm a sixteen year old from Wayne, Michigan. I've been writing for about three years now, and have been developing my skills over the past years. more..

Writing