I Know You Better Now

I Know You Better Now

A Poem by Junebug
"

Written about the way a lover made me feel

"

Kissing you

Tastes like all these things

I never knew I needed.

Your soul escapes your mouth

And fills me

So I know you better now:

Your passion is a whirlwind

Through my body,

All your dreams

So loud they echo in my ears,

All the memories that haunt you

Send shivers down my spine,

Your searing pain

Left over from past scars

Burning my lips.


Your body narrated your story for you

And I heard every line.

Between your moans and sighs

I learned your body’s language.

Eyes closed, lost in a moment of pleasure

I see you clearest here.

And somehow

Through figuring you out

I discovered more about myself.

 

As our bodies intertwine like tree roots

Your story becomes part of mine.

A jigsaw puzzle

Of messy secrets

And self-discovery.

You filled all the missing pieces

I didn’t even know I had.

I found myself

In the whispering of your body

When I didn’t know I was lost.

I open my eyes

And see myself in the reflection

Of yours.

You’re the author of a novel

And I know this story well

But I didn’t know you wrote it

About me.

© 2016 Junebug


Author's Note

Junebug
I wrote this approx 8 months ago and forgot about it. Me and the subject are no longer romantically involved, but I posted the piece anyway because it was passionate and I think it's interesting.
Any critiques are appreciated!!
Also any interpretations of the last sentence would be awesome- I'm curious as to how an outside reader took it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The use of metaphors to develop a descriptive poem is very practical that it contributing to the essence and beauty of a literary piece. Excellent poetry

Posted 7 Years Ago


Magnificent!!

The beauty that lies in your words are truly magnificent... The way the poem flows with a passion and deep love is amazing to read... It can really take the reader of any age into the young age of love where two souls and two bodies become one... The innocence was clearly visible and the longing for love was superb... Excellent job June...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


A delightful read. As for the last sentence; When we fully and trustfully open ourselves in relationship to another, we reveal thoughts, feelings, etc. we were not aware he had or could feel. The other person is not literally the author of the novel as much as being the enabler.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wonderful flow and intensity. I love the passion in which it was written. You were able to describe so well, the intense path a new relationship of discovery can be. In every person we meet, there are things we like, dislike, identify with and sometimes see it can be just a bit too much of ourselves in their eyes and in their story and this can be shocking to have revealed. I felt like the lover opened your eyes to insights of yourself that had yet to be seen or even understood by you. Some people come into our life for only a moment but the impact they have can be everlasting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Amazing, amazing, amazing... This had my heart beating faster, and my stomach like a washing machine on the spin cycle. This is love, this is being truly content, and also something 99% of people can directly relate to. The poem had great flow, and I didn't want it to end.

The last sentence tells me that while wallowing in his love, and affection you started to realize that he was showing you more about yourself than you could see before. That your love adventure, was more about you, and finding yourself with his help.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Should've brought my inhaler...I wasn't prepared for this. This took my breath away (just like he probably did when you first met him). I apologize for your loss...but anyway back to the poem. The flow was good and the content was intensifyingly intensifying (if you know what I mean). As for the last sentence, maybe you wrote that in the heat of the moment when you believed your relationship would last forever, like a novel, bounded by your love. I really enjoyed reading this poem. Keep up the good work and good luck in your future endeavors. I look forward to reading more works by you in the future.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2016
Last Updated on June 23, 2016

Author

Junebug
Junebug

GA



About
Crawlin around tryin to make the words in my head come alive more..

Writing
Human? Human?

A Poem by Junebug


Falling Falling

A Poem by Junebug



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Human? Human?

A Poem by Junebug