4.25. Explain

4.25. Explain

A Chapter by Katherine Enma Pineapple

“It’s really nice of you to travel all the way here,” Lianne started as she and Catherine chat in the balcony, the horseman"Tikbalang- watching from a distance.

 

“Our feuding families’ kingdoms really want to end the bloodshed going on in the war zones,” Catherine replied.

 

“Ah the war zones,” Lianne frowned and eyed Catherine. “Have you heard of the world in the early 20th centuries?

 

“I have,” Catherine smiled, “I heard that it was peaceful. There were no wars only a few attacks here and there. Teenagers like us would be at school with classes. Our country was recognized as one and life would be what you make it.”

 

“Do you know why our world turned out as it is?”

 

“Not really,”

 

“Well natural disasters nearly wiped the human race out and everything went downhill from there. But that’s when the creatures started appearing because they didn’t fear the humans anymore. Years later, equilibrium of technology and nature emerged, for the humans were afraid of losing the creatures. Meanwhile the government was losing power and influential families emerged and naturally a lot of people followed them until proper government principles fell.” Lianne caught her breath as Catherine listened intensely. “Everything was run by influential families.”

 

“And our families ended up in war,” Catherine continued.

 

“Exactly,” Lianne sighed and leaned back. “Everyone was afraid that war would destroy the environment and drive the creatures away so we all agreed upon setting up war zones where our armies would battle.”

 

“A real mouthful isn’t it?” Catherine sighed and eyed the trees that covered the backyard.

 

“It is,” Lianne turned to Catherine and grinned, “You’re really easy to talk to.”

 

“A lot of people say I am,” Catherine replied. “I just really hope our marriage will end the war already.”

 

“Yeah,” Lianne gazed back at the backyard where Tikbalang was bothering the gardeners. For a moment she registered the picture of that in her mind as she smiled. “And then you’ll become the girl at the end of the rainbow.”

 

Catherine’s eyes widened as she gasped.

 

“What?!”



© 2012 Katherine Enma Pineapple


Author's Note

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Damn head ache... ugh... tell me what you think please :) I apologize if this is too boring but I really need a chapter to explain things but I feel as if the dialogue doesn't come out naturally, no? Yes?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 8, 2012


Author

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Katherine Enma Pineapple

Somewhere out there in the rainbow, The Rainbow, Philippines



About
I LOVE GOD Hi guys :) I'm back~ Nyaha~ I'll be busy with college entrance exams and scholarship applications though :< I'll drop by time to time :) more..

Writing