Why I don't watch the news

Why I don't watch the news

A Story by KAREN BROWN

 It's so hard to watch the news,theres to much hurt and pain it's hardley ever good news anyway.

     People crashing in cars or planes,places and people getting robbed everyday

all the killing is so insane.

     Gangs feeling they need to fight using knives and guns,just to state a point and have their fun.

In the event they end up hurting themselves and innocent ones.

     We can be just driving down the street ,out of the blue someone starts honking at you

all you see is their lips moving and thier flipping you the birdie.

     Maybe because your going to slow or their just angry who knows.

There's so much violence,it's hard to stand ,then seeing and hearing families homeless

     starving and unsure of whats to do,sometimes not even sure who to turn too.

It breaks my heart and soul to see so much hurt and pain, I wish I could just take it all away.

     I wish I could make everyones life happier,safer be able to change everything forthe better.

I wish everyone could feel and be at peace is what i'd really like to see.

 

    

    

© 2008 KAREN BROWN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is nice and i almost enjoyed the beginning, i think this reads
better as an insight or an essay, but with lack of depth it reads
dreary and kinda boring, and doesnt appeal to me personally,
but thats not to say that others wouldnt like it.
i think if it you took more time and the wording was choice,
i would read the entire story instead of losing interest after the first
few lines. let me know if you revise it.


Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am sure many of us feel the same. nicely expressed, mary

Posted 13 Years Ago


Reading this prose poem, i feel that you're living in an Utopian world, which will never exist. I'll admit that the dark nature of most newscast, turn me off, too. But, it can also be used, as tool of mercy and light. As witnessed, after the 2004 Tsunami, in Asia. Sadly, it's the dark nature of newscast, which draws the viewers and just the advertising, paying for the 30/60/90 minute telecast. Thank you, for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your words reflect a kind hearted person who wishes all of the evil would go away. Sadly, we live in a world ruled by the flesh. Praise God this life is just a stepping stone into what will be forever. If more people had your point of view, wishing for peace, we could achieve that in a whole.

I enjoyed reading your emotional rant here. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


It seems like everyone is always interested in getting in other's business,
Yet when it is your business, you wish everyone would keep to themselves.
Many understand it, few embrace it.
We do have television news shows to partly thank for desensitizing minds everywhere.
I do really like this piece, a lot!
Sorry for all of my unnecessary rambling....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know exactly what you mean here. I don't particularly watch the news too often for the same reasons. A beautiful message within this piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


If only this could happen. Everyone needs to take the time to Reach Out And Touch Someone. Nice write wonderful message.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You have a kind heart and a big one at that... just feeling the pain through your words makes me realize that I too feel the same way. There is so much hate in this world, it sometimes makes me wonder why I am still here. There is so much I want to do but such little can be done or will be done. I really enjoyed reading this and I appreciate you sharing it with me. Well done my dear.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

we'd all like to see peace. unfortantly it may never come. its all port of human nature. greed, teritoral and sumtimes even th nead to kill. unforently thats wut makes us human. and th unendind nead to b on top. theres a dark side to all of us. a dival in all of us. anyway... nice job. its vrry true. keap up th great work
luv ya
ur friend Aileen


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

People crashing in cars or planes,places and people getting robbed everyday

all the killing is so insane.

Gangs feeling they need to fight using knives and guns,just to state a point and have their fun.

In the event they end up hurting themselves and innocent ones.

We can be just driving down the street ,out of the blue someone starts honking at you

all you see is their lips moving and thier flipping you the birdie.

Maybe because your going to slow or their just angry who knows.

YOUR WHOLE POEM IS JUST A WONDE PEICE THAT YOU WROTE BUT THIS IS WHAT STOOD OUT TO ME THE MOST CAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE BAD THIS YOU HEAR ON THE NEWS AND THE BAD THING THAT PEOPLE DO...YOU ALWAYS KNOW HOW T BRING FORTH A GREAT POEM WITH A GREAT MIND...KOODO'S

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aw, this was really beautiful! Indeed, u hit it right on the head here. I hate watching the news as well. It's the same ole' thing anyways. That's why i have a computer to just give me updates about stuff. I dont need to listen for an entire hour or more for them only showing nothing but depressing events lol. I wished that there wasnt any violence in this world, too. Who needs it anyway? Nobody needs to die, or to be homeless, or be poor. I wish i was a billionaire so i can help this damn world of ours, and save what's left of it hehe. Wonderful poem!!!!

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1978 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 5, 2008

Author

KAREN BROWN
KAREN BROWN

barberton, OH



About
I am 42 years old female. I love to write poems people inspire me. I have 4 wonderful children.I am a stay at home mom which i enjoy a lot. more..

Writing
Blessed Blessed

A Poem by KAREN BROWN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain