Why I don't watch the news

Why I don't watch the news

A Story by KAREN BROWN

 It's so hard to watch the news,theres to much hurt and pain it's hardley ever good news anyway.

     People crashing in cars or planes,places and people getting robbed everyday

all the killing is so insane.

     Gangs feeling they need to fight using knives and guns,just to state a point and have their fun.

In the event they end up hurting themselves and innocent ones.

     We can be just driving down the street ,out of the blue someone starts honking at you

all you see is their lips moving and thier flipping you the birdie.

     Maybe because your going to slow or their just angry who knows.

There's so much violence,it's hard to stand ,then seeing and hearing families homeless

     starving and unsure of whats to do,sometimes not even sure who to turn too.

It breaks my heart and soul to see so much hurt and pain, I wish I could just take it all away.

     I wish I could make everyones life happier,safer be able to change everything forthe better.

I wish everyone could feel and be at peace is what i'd really like to see.

 

    

    

© 2008 KAREN BROWN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is nice and i almost enjoyed the beginning, i think this reads
better as an insight or an essay, but with lack of depth it reads
dreary and kinda boring, and doesnt appeal to me personally,
but thats not to say that others wouldnt like it.
i think if it you took more time and the wording was choice,
i would read the entire story instead of losing interest after the first
few lines. let me know if you revise it.


Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yes, the news is so depressing I make a special effort not to watch it but I live in Florida and hurricane season I have to watch to get updates on the storm because the weather channel not the same. I agree with you and though our world has never been at peace. I can relate to you because the area I live in is one of those areas you here about all the time gangs and crime at a all time high. I want to move back to the country back to N.C. small town I use to live in . I know theres crime everywhere but I have a true fear living here. I here gunshots at night and I'm glad I live on the 2nd story less likely to be hit by bullets at least thats what I tell myself. I to will make that wish with you for peace and happiness and safer life and who knows maybe someone will here us.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The peace we crave is found within......your message helps to remind us all that love is the way......Well done Karen.

Peace,

Bill :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hmm. . .im actually torn on this one. I understand fully where you are coming from as I, too, feel the same way. We have created our own personal hell and honestly I dont care to hear about it on a daily basis. However, I must also draw likeness to Michael. The beginning was strong but it did die out just a little bit. the word choice could be enhanced but other than that bravo. keep going and make it better, there is always room to improve, even for me and I've been writing for nearly 11 years.
MKLINE

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amen to this! I feel exactly the same way...I really dislike watching the news myself...
We can change the world little by little...by just being kind even when others aren't ;)
Great sentiment here :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow I can feel where you are coming from on this one... despite all the fictional violence on TV the real news i chalk full of it... then we get these kids who shot up schools or adults that soot up their work to make a statement knowing full well the media is going to eat it up... it does seem harder to watch tv especial now with so called reality shows too... give me old fashion comedy to give me a little time away from all the pain...Very nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So gal, how do we change it, you and I? Let's make a difference!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes i see too much violence really got to you ,but this is nothing if you consider violence and how people changed these days,if you widen your views to the whole world you will be shocked ,what you say here is nothing if i am to tell you what real violence is and how the world has got to be a very dangerous place to live in,i agree with the rest down there you could widen this and take it from all side and get to the roots of things as how things got this messy ,but what you say is so good i like writing that really touch our daily lives ,you did a wonderful job here ,thank you

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that the idea here is good...there is something behind your words that tells me that if expounded upon this could be something really great. I think that you should either make this in to a longer, more in depth essay, or cut it down to a tighter piece of prose or poetry...as is, it just seems a little unfinished. The depth of your voice can be seen, though, and that's why I did enjoy reading this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
emz
This is a nice idea, it could be worded in a more poetic way but saying that i liked the rawness of it, as if you had just sat down and though 'right' this is what i think, and just let it all come out.

Well done thanks for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aww
Keep going! This could be so much longer. The title was perfect though! Thanks for asking me to stop by and read this. Sorry It took me so long. Cheers,lea

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1976 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 5, 2008

Author

KAREN BROWN
KAREN BROWN

barberton, OH



About
I am 42 years old female. I love to write poems people inspire me. I have 4 wonderful children.I am a stay at home mom which i enjoy a lot. more..

Writing
Blessed Blessed

A Poem by KAREN BROWN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain