Why I don't watch the news

Why I don't watch the news

A Story by KAREN BROWN

 It's so hard to watch the news,theres to much hurt and pain it's hardley ever good news anyway.

     People crashing in cars or planes,places and people getting robbed everyday

all the killing is so insane.

     Gangs feeling they need to fight using knives and guns,just to state a point and have their fun.

In the event they end up hurting themselves and innocent ones.

     We can be just driving down the street ,out of the blue someone starts honking at you

all you see is their lips moving and thier flipping you the birdie.

     Maybe because your going to slow or their just angry who knows.

There's so much violence,it's hard to stand ,then seeing and hearing families homeless

     starving and unsure of whats to do,sometimes not even sure who to turn too.

It breaks my heart and soul to see so much hurt and pain, I wish I could just take it all away.

     I wish I could make everyones life happier,safer be able to change everything forthe better.

I wish everyone could feel and be at peace is what i'd really like to see.

 

    

    

© 2008 KAREN BROWN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is nice and i almost enjoyed the beginning, i think this reads
better as an insight or an essay, but with lack of depth it reads
dreary and kinda boring, and doesnt appeal to me personally,
but thats not to say that others wouldnt like it.
i think if it you took more time and the wording was choice,
i would read the entire story instead of losing interest after the first
few lines. let me know if you revise it.


Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So true. Your formatting (along with some spelling/grammatical aspects) is a bit rough, but the message is sane and well said. Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You have used the word "to" where you mean "too" and vice versa. You use the word "their" when you mean "they're". These stand out like flags to me. This needs some major proofreading. I actually critiqued the entirety but lost the review fixing a typo myself. lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is almost an answer to my poem Six O'clock News. But it needs cleaning up a bit. Hmmm I was waiting on the Notes feature but it does not seem to be forthcoming so here goes.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The negative world we live in is horrid. Surprised people actually watch the news still.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i understand what you feel about not wanting to watch the news...but i also agree with Michael and several others about it being more of an essay and not a story....it would read a lot better if it was more fleshed out for it to be a the story that you intend it to be.

you do have the beginnings of something good here though and maybe with a little work it could be better.

Always,

Amanda

Posted 15 Years Ago


Deeply moving expression of the signs of our times. Sad that news seems to be overwhelmingly sad...

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


I sort of agree with Michael as this reads like an observation, not a story. I'm a news junkie, I read several newspapers online and watch all the local tv news programs because each one has a habit of leaving out something which may be important. I don't watch cable news because they have an audience to cater to and slant the news their way. I see the hurt and pain, but I like to know what's going on at all times. After all, I live in New York.

I understand you would rather not watch the news, and your insight has begun. It needs elaboration. Remember the elements of a good story: theme, setting, plot, character, conflict, change, resolution and end.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I understand your point of view and I admit I am a bit like you, but like Michael is stating underneath, this is could better be used as an onset to an essay on your indepth views on the news.
I pretty much do not watch the news for the same reasons as you state, yet I find it very important to stay informed about what is going on in the world.
You could elaborate further on this subject by e.g. looking for alternative media that bring you news that is not brought to us by the major TV networks.
I read a lot of e-zines or e-newspapers instead and it amazes me how little we are told by the so called regular media! There is a variety of newsgathering out there that I am sure would be very interesting to you and would give you a brighter outlook on what is happening in the world!
Another suggestion could be to review the TV news of one day and compare it to other media reporting about the same day! Your essay would gain depth and could be of use to many people who are tired to hear the same things said on the news day in day out.
Anyway, I will add this to my library and come back later, because you do have a point here!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes, I so much agree with you regarding it! And you know it goes same with me...Whenever any family member of mine turns up any news channel, then I always asks them to turn them down because it kinds of really makes me sad and gives a sort of irritation too!
I liked the opening section of this writing the most though, which is indeed so thoughtful!
Very great write because I guess with it most of us can easily relate ourselves.


Posted 15 Years Ago


I totally agree, I also don't watch the news
Good news doesn't sell, so all you see is bad
Thanks for sharing
Ray

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1978 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 5, 2008

Author

KAREN BROWN
KAREN BROWN

barberton, OH



About
I am 42 years old female. I love to write poems people inspire me. I have 4 wonderful children.I am a stay at home mom which i enjoy a lot. more..

Writing
Blessed Blessed

A Poem by KAREN BROWN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain