Not Everything's What it Seems

Not Everything's What it Seems

A Story by Kacie Delane Davis
"

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better title.

"

"You! You made me do this!!!" She lay on the ground like a broken china doll, silent and in tears.

He grabbed the poor girl by her hair and forced her to look up. To look into his eyes blazing with rage. "You see this?!" he was in tears. Dried tears mixed with fresh blood stained his face. "This is all your fault!" he sobbed.

 

The room was covered in crimson blood. It stood out against the black walls. "I...I'm sorry. " she whimpered.

 

"I love you..." he sighed "I really do." He stroked her pale cheek with a blood stained hand. "That's why it had to be done. I had to kill them. They wanted to keep you away from me, keep us separated." He ran his fingers through her matted blonde hair. "Say it..." he whispered. "I want to hear you say it..."

 

The girl stared forward, her eyes filled with terror. He shook her violently. "Say it! Please...!" He sank to his knees.

 

"I...I...Love you...." her voice shook as he suddenly cradled her in his arms. "Say it again,"he demanded.

 

"I...Love you..." She whispered.

He rained kisses on her. "I couldn't bear the thought of you hating me."

 

"I would...nev...." she swallowed "...Never...hate you."

 

He smiled. She could feel rope biting into her wrist. "What are you doing?" She blinked back tears. "I'm yours...I won't go anywhere..."

 

He smiled. "I know, but I just want to be safe. You might be lying. Lying to me! Like they did!" He'd  started to scream, pointing at the bloody carnage. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, making the dried blood flow like a river.

 

He threw the girl over his shoulder and carried her down the stairs into the abyss like basement. "I'm sorry..."he sobbed. He laid her down on a cot, and fell to his knees as another ripple of sobs tore through him. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry! I'm sorry..." he crawled to the door and locked it. "I'm sorry! Forgive me!" He begged. "Please, forgive me!" his blue-green eyes were wide and filled with fear. "It's like...I'm not in control...I'm scared of myself sometimes..."

 

Her eyes trailed to the broken glass gathered at the edge of the cot. Maybe, just maybe she could use it to cut herself free. He looked so sad and pitiful. She actually felt pity for him. He smiled at her weakly and wiped his face with the back of his hands. "You're...You're....you're afraid of me...? Even with the terror in your eyes, those hazel eyes, you're still just as beautiful."

 

No matter how she tried she couldn't break free. With a shaky hand, he caressed her cheek, which was wet with tears. He smiled sweetly and kissed her. If not for the circumstances she might have enjoyed his soft lips pressed gently against her own. He pulled away and the ghost of that loving touch lingered.

 

He lay his head down on her lap. "My inner demon is screaming at me "Take her now! This is your only chance, don't let me down. Stop your whining now! The deed is done, you'll be just fine." He said it almost like poetry. His eyes suddenly turned cold. "Why are you so quiet?!? Why won't you speak to me!?! Please..."

 

"Why won't you let me go...?"

 

"It's sure to kill me if you leave me, so I'll leave you bound for now..."

 

"I won't leave you..."She sniffled. "Please the rope hurts."

He began to panic. "I'm sorry!"

 

He pulled out the bloodstained knife. Her heart nearly stopped. In one swift motion, he'd sliced through the restraints. Her head now resting on his chest. "I'm so sorry..." He began rocking her in his arms and raining kisses on her. "I never meant to hurt you."

 

"I know...You love me..."

 

"I...You know I did this all for you and me..."

 

"Really..?" She felt herself blush. As demented as what he'd done was, it was sadisticly sweet. Oh how she did love him, that was the sad part. She loved him with the same burning passion. The terror had finally been put to rest and she could see things clearly. She now knew she loved him.


"I..love...you," she whispered feebly.

 

"I love you." She said it again confidently as he embraced her and ran his fingers through her soft matted brown hair. "I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it in its entirety. She kissed him. "I should have...just...just stayed calm that's all and waited...They drugged me. How could I forget my love for you?"

 

He wiped his eyes and she hers. "We have to leave now. We have to hurry or else they'll try to take you away from me again!" He said rapidly. "I won't let them. Not ever again." He had their bags already packed and with a kiss they were on their way.

 

The next day the couple went to the Robert's Grocery. They had to get supplies for their trip. He'd told her it would be a very long trip. They'd disgiused themselves. "Don't want to risk getting caught" he'd told her when he began bleaching her hair.

 

As the couple was checking out, a newspaper article caught his eye. The headline read: Two Patients Escaped the Lincoln Mental Hospital Yesterday. It is believed that Adam Pentraz brutally murdered six nurses, before escaping the hospital with Jessica Jorde'n. Photographs of the pair were depicted on the right side of the article.

 

Adam grimaced. That picture wasn't flattering at all. Adam Pentraz, what a terrible last name. What type of last name was Pentraz? He hated it. Jessica Jorde'n. He loved how easily her last name rolled off his tongue. The photograph made her hazel eyes appear the color of fresh honey.

Jessica scoffed and pointed at the picture of the man named Dr. Jacob Andrews. "He lied." She said to Adam as he gathered the groceries.

 

"About what?"

 

"He said the medicine would make me feel better. It didn't help at all."

 

Adam smiled a sadistic smile. "Soon, you won't have to worry about him ever again."

© 2014 Kacie Delane Davis


Author's Note

Kacie Delane Davis
Hope you enjoy. PLEASE leave comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014
Tags: love, crazy, insane, Not, what, it, seems

Author

Kacie Delane Davis
Kacie Delane Davis

city, TN



About
I am odd girl, who loves to write and wants to make a name for herself. I enjoy reading and writing. Fantasy and fiction are my favorite genres. They give me the chance to have a blissful escape. i h.. more..

Writing