This Close.

This Close.

A Story by ♪The Girl Next Door♪
"

I don't want to feel anymore.

"

© 2012 ♪The Girl Next Door♪


Author's Note

♪The Girl Next Door♪
I'm tired of feeling like this. I can't tell you how I feel. I've told you in all my other poems. It's all the same. Everything I say has been said before. And that makes everything I say sound so normal, because every teenage girl in the world is saying it to get attention. But I'm not good enough. If he were reading this right now...nope not even gonna go there. Feeling love for something obviously isn't working because as soon as you love them, they won't love you back. They will never love you back. Who even said that? And before you leavve a review saying "it wasn't meant to be" or "heartbrake sucks I'm sorry" don't bother. It ob piously wasn't meant to be, or we would be together. I haven't been heart broken by anyone but myself, because truley it is all my fault. I've been imagining things differently. What if I did what I've been thinking about? Grabbing life by the neck and squeezing till I can see death dripping from it's eyes. Would you suddenly care then? And then I felt such a string connection with this one. I'm not being a slut or lying about this feeling. I've never ever felt this way a out someone before. I just wanted to be your friend. But of course, it's impossible. WHO COULD POSSIBLY CARE ABOUT ME?! It's all in the distance. No one will understand this fully. You can pretend to. But you won't ever see until I'm dead and my obituary stretches to Antarctica and back, telling g you exactly what this all means. Would I actually do it? Take a tumble with a sip of suicide? No. But it seems like the people that keep coming into my life only want to rip what sanctity I have left into paranoia and fear of what I have to endure next. The walls surrounding the real soul I have keep getting thicker. Someday, they'll get so thick my knight in shining armorial won't be able to be able to break through, or even climb over.Don't tell anyone how you feel. They don't care. They want to emotionally vomit into your heart into it explodes because you can't take it anymore. And then have the audacity to wipe their mouthes and say 'What's wrong?' I've never wanted to scream and cry so much at the same time. Or maybe I've never wnated to cry and scream at the same time so much. Either way, I know if I break down alone, I'm over for sure. So I take it and tuck it behind the fake smile that I pretend to wear. I just pray that when the duct tape and super holding the fairytale smile together breaks that you're there to break my fall, other wise I'll just keep falling.
So now I'm this close to flipping the emotional rollercoaster off for awhile. I don't want to feel the jerks and drops anymore. Please just let me shriek bloody murder into your chest and let the pain roll down my face in drops on your shoulder until there's nothing more.
Because I'm this close.
This.
Close.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. That's all I can say, I'm nearly in tears here. And how you say no one understands what you're going through? That's wrong, girl, everyone's been through it. Yeah, so disappointed and gutted that you think of suicide? I've been through that. Thing is, I just look on the bright side. People are only steppig on your heart and making you feel like this is because YOU let them.
A friend once told me, that only you can make yourself happy. With your very own choices.
Please down go down the route of darkness and despair, then you are really stuck. Don't let people get to you, cry a little, scream a little, hold your breath until you see stars, then let it all go with all the anguish built inside.
I'm just saying that you ain't alone, it happens to everyone of us, and sometimes, it makes us it's prey.
Terri-Beth :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much for this. I really love the reviews you leave :)
ALittleBitOfEverything

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :D



Reviews

This was very raw. I cant tell if this is a work of fiction or your own pain. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Thank you
sweet words of mine really wont make a difference cuz like you said you alone know what it feels like....but definitely i can understand what you are going through..but the bitter truth is you have to get over it....you gotta be strong..and if that means letting your feelings out, crying and screaming then let that be it. so what if people say that youre emotional and youre trying to get attention? they r always gonna say that so just dont give a s**t. try distracting yourself,make some new friends, read some interesting stuff and when u cant hold it in anymore let it out. n yes if you ever need me, ill be there:-).

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this. :)
Hidden Happiness

11 Years Ago

anytime:-).
Someday when you're about 76 years old, but hopefully sooner because it's way more useful, you will realize that "meant to be" doesn't exist, and that the way relationships and attractions work when you are young is both completely honest and valid, and mired in sociological insanity so thick that it easily, and often, doubles as cement shoes, dragging you down, drowning you with your own weight.

I strongly recommend you do some reading when you have a bit more stillness in your heart, because at any age, the upshot to love and romance is this: every target is always a moving target, no two people literally share everything on their minds, and no person has a legitimate claim on having been harmed when the other party has moved on for totally personal reasons.

it's hard growing up being told that there is a "one for you," or that attracting a compatible mate is easy "if you're doing it right," because neither of those things are true in the slightest. We are brought up to feel like the pressure is on us to make our relationships work, when in fact, it's far more random, and 99.99999 percent of perceived wrongs are actually 100 percent victimless.

I strongly recommend that you marry yourself right now. Be faithful to yourself forever, but keep the relationship open. treat yourself well enough, and refuse to take anyone seriously if their treatment of you doesn't stand up to that original relationship.

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

I'm not quite sure what to say to this. All I know is I do not agree with most of what you are sayin.. read more
Astro MacGuffin

11 Years Ago

Sure thing. Be well.
wow..i dont know what to say except i feel for you :(

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can't say that I've never been through that. Been there plenty of times and I do understand what its like. You kinda remind me of myself when it comes to this. You fall for someone you just met and get turned down. Well lately I'm trying another approach. Just being their friend until the right time comes to tell. You can take anything that this review may give. I did like this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I've been trying to take my time with a new friend I have. But I don't think it's.. read more
I can't tell you how much this reminds me of my own story. That also means I can't help you, because obviously I can't help myself. The only thing I can offer is to listen while you tell me the whole thing, and then I can tell you about my thing. But, I know, that's not much to offer. :/

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Psh! No way :P
Tomislav Petricevic

11 Years Ago

You're just too modest to admit! :P
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Lol :3
I think you should at least scream. Screaming releases chemical endorphins just like crying does, that's why most people feel better after. Ithink...it doesn't matter what I think. Because whatever you're 'going through', I probably don't even know the half of it. I know I don't, because I've been pushed over the edge and being able to love and trust someone fell into a deep dark abyss that I can't reach. So I'll say this instead:

I hope you feel that you can handle life soon, and that leads you to feeling better. And if you don't...well, I'll always be here in this dark place to talk. Keep calm and carry on...or don't, your choice.
Sorry, I know that probably didn't help, but, whatevs that's my two cents :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Thank you! Anything helps, I appreciate all reviews and anyone's two cents :)
More cyber hugs and brownies? :/

So this wasn't really a story or a poem or anything, but the ending was quite dramatic anyway.

It's more of a rant. At the world. See, when the world makes me angry, I threaten to shoot it in the face. Doesn't have nearly as much of an effect as this does...

Well, it has an effect, but it's quite a different effect.

Anyway. Okay, I'm pretty sure I just heard my garage door open at 1:51am...

I am officially terrified. I might just go hide in my closet now...

ANYWAYS. It's good to get it all out before you explode. Try throwing something non-breakable at a wall (don't throw people), it helps me. I don't often get angry or sad or anything, but when I do... Well, I'm a redhead. Enough said.

Seriously, I'm going to go sit in my closet with a flashlight and a laptop...

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

I thought they were really cool!
Becky

11 Years Ago

'__'

Probably shouldn't have told me that, I absolutely love my stuffed animals to deat.. read more
Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

Lol still have them?
Awesome. Let it out. Its good. I never let it out and had a nervous breakdown and that's not fun. :/ eh but really. Its good to let it out and you know what I said a little while ago.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

Lol nope! Ow
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

STOP LAUGHING
Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

I cant

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

885 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 10, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012

Author

♪The Girl Next Door♪
♪The Girl Next Door♪

In The Highest Room Of The Tallest Tower, CO



About
My name's Makenzie and I'm extremely insane. If I were a super hero my super hero name would either be Captain Procrastination or Sarcastimaster. P.S. also by the way, I'm a confessed crazy cat lady. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My life My life

A Poem by tanaya


Alone Alone

A Poem by Katherine