Life

Life

A Chapter by shadow night
"

Kyros goes suposedly goes to new orleans but lies and goes to ohio little does he now its going to change.

"

“Get away from me hag! Leave me alone old lady, I’m going to kick you in the damn face if you don’t!” I stared the short lady down.

            “Aww come on my son.” The short lady complained.

            She moved towards me with her arms stretched outward. I held me arms out in front of me, touching her head with my hand to keep her from touching me.

            “Hell no! I don’t want to hug you freak! Don’t make me curse you!”

            I put my took my hand off her head and moved to my left. She, still pushing forward, fell forward hitting her head on the wall.

            Slowly she stood up and brushed off her black pants and shirt. “Now my lil Lyca don’t be so mean and besides should you be threatening me with a spell?” the woman mocked me.

            I rolled my eyes and shifted my position a little so I was leaning against the wall and a little further away from her. “Sorry Lea I don’t like hugging you.”

            She looked at me with a strange look of astonishment mixed with hurt. “But I’m your mom. I gave you birth. I . . .”

            “I go by Kyros now you know that. Second just because you gave me birth doesn’t make you my mom or mean that none the less. If you want a hug go to Spiro he is your first after all.” I showed no emotion except disgust and hatred for her as I talked to her.

            I walked away knowing I hurt her. I didn’t care how she felt. She never for a second even thought of how I felt or thought about the situation. Just like my two older brothers I had been adopted. She’s lucky I even acknowledge her. Calais, the second oldest, doesn’t even look at her or any thing. He actually goes out of his way to make sure he doesn’t see her at all. She had three of us as far as I know. While Spiro and Calais was raised in the family, I grew up out side the family. They were raised by our aunt while I was by a complete stranger.

             Two years ago I moved to New York to stay with my brothers and forgive . . . or attempt to forgive Lea for what she did to us, to me. So I finished school here at Lux school for the gifted, only because i hadnt graduated high school yet. Spiro graduated three years ago, Calais graduated two years ago, and I graduated last year. Spiro went to major in culinary arts, Calais went for electrical maintenance and I went for writing and varies forms of art including culinary arts.

Shortly after we graduated me and my brothers was approached by the government. They said they could use our "talents". Spiro was gifted with alchemy, Calais is a skilled fighter who can mimic anything he see's and has mastered all hand to hand weapons, and I have excelled at magick

Only one of us that actually accepted was Calais. Spiro has his time tied up with his restaurant,, as for me I do work for people hunting and bringing in 'people' that regular people wont or cant. They pay me for it.

Unlike Calais the government doesn't own me. So I opened a cafe where I meet people for work or give divinations. I was actually on my way though the cafe when Lea stopped me.

Lea knows I don’t like here much. I try to get along with her when its just me and her. But when Spiro is around its different. I put up with her and act happy and I like her all the time.

I shifted my thoughts as I went down the stairs. I knew I would see Spiro at the front door. I quickly put a small on my face.

As normal I was correct. He was saying bye to his kids. He was wearing a white button up dress shirt, black dress pants and black shoes. He had a long brown coat that went to his knees and stopped. His hair was short, brown and fluffy. His facial hair reminded me of the mouth of a mannequin's mouth and his eyes were brown.

I walked past him and his kids. I got to the door when Spiro said something to me. "Going to the cafe Kyros?"

I stopped turned around and smiled. "Yeah. I have a meeting there."

"Well I was just leaving to go to work. I can drop you off if you want me to Kyros. It's on my way."

Spiro stood up and turned to face me. "I guess. That's if you want to."

He turned to look at a woman who was holding a baby. "Love you have a good night." He kissed her on the lips then kissed the baby on the forehead. "I'll see you at eleven Mia."

She said something to him I couldn’t hear. Then we went to the door and walked out. As we went out we saw Spiro’s car. It was a 2011 Aston Martin Red V8 Sports Car.

I got in the passenger side. The vehicle was very well equipped I guess. I’m not very smart when it comes to vehicles. Spiro walked over and got into the drivers side. He started the vehicle and started driving. The driveway is like you see in front of fancy mansions, a round about like thing. With in seconds we were out of the drive way and on our way to my café. Like always when I and Spiro are alone there’s nothing but silence.  We passed a lot of houses and a few stores. Eventually Spiro turned the radio on and turned it up. I put my head on my hand and looked out the window.

Eventually Spiro started asking questions. “So your going to the café for a meeting huh?”

I turned my head to my left and sighed. “Yeah it’s a special meeting today. The customer is paying me a lot for some odd reason.”

There was silence for a few minutes. “So is it a divination your doing?”

“No he said it was a special mission I would have to go to New Orleans for.” I started to look back out side.

Spiro started to tap his finger on the steering wheel.  “Oh well be careful then.”

I rolled my eyes. Something is up I thought. Normally I ask the questions and I get simple one worded answers. “Don’t worry. I did a reading this morning it will be a little challenging but I will get it done.”

“Oh well hmm.” Slowly we came to stop. “We are here Kyros. Have fun and be careful. Ok Lea will worry. You know that right.”

I was getting tired of what he was saying. I got out of the car and before I closed the door I turned around and looked back into the car. “I wouldn’t worry about me Spiro. I would worry about work. There’s going to be a big commotion there.” With that I smiled closed the door and he drove off.

Looking across the street there was a small building. The outside was well decorated with small tables with chairs. There was a sign hanging above the tables and door that read “negaigoto café”

I walked up to the door and chuckled. I knew they were here already. I walked into the café and laughed. The place was well laid out. The counter was along the back wall along with a door to the back. There was a couch and small coffee table to my left with book cases and relaxing chairs. Then there were tables with chairs placed all over the room. Scattered around the room was paintings and plants to make the room look better.

 There were few people here today. I went to my usual spot, in the back on the right sat a small table with two seats set opposite of each other. I sat in the seat with my back to the wall so I could see the whole café.

 The table had a few candles and crystals sat on it. There was a silky black cloth covering the table. I grabbed my messenger bag and pulled out a snow whit cloth wrapped around something. Slowly I unwrapped the cloth and it revealed a tarot deck. Setting the cloth down, I shuffled the deck several times before setting the deck down.

 I sat my head on my right hand as if I was bored and about to fall asleep. I drew a card from the deck with my left hand.

  “Two of swords.” I set the card down and drew another card. “Seven of swords. There will be a stalemate in a battle at which wont be going as planed.” I sat that card next to the two of swords, and then drew another. “Six of pentacles. Successful gain so in the end you will get what you want happy with that?” I sat the card down.

I looked up as a guy wearing an ocean blue colored suit with a white tie. His hair was long and went to about the middle of his back and was white. “Well as smart as ever Kyros. Bravo should you be lying to your brother? Do you think he appreciates it?”

 I looked at him with no emotion on my face. “Well as nose as ever. Huh Ren? Can’t keep your nose out of other peoples business can ya? At any rate let’s get started.” I looked back down at the cards.

 “Oh how rude are you not going to answer my question? Fine do what ever it’s not like I care.”

 “If you must know I don’t want him or Lea knowing where I’m going ok.  It’s none of their business and personally I don’t care if Lea is hurt by me not telling her . . . but if Spiro is hurt . . . I wouldn’t know what to do.”

 “It’s ok Kyros. I know you love your brothers and that’s ok. But should you be so, what’s the word im looking for . . . mean or sneaky about it?”

  “What ever I told you what you wanted to know. You already have Calais in your grasp having him do al your biding so what is it you want or need me to do?” I looked at him with a dead look. “Couldn’t Calais do this for you?” I hated Ren but he paid well. But I had a good point.

 “Well no Calais can’t do this. He lacks the . . . talent to do what is need, and I doubt he could do it. Now let’s get started. You know where you’re headed right?”

 “Yes, im going to Ohio correct?” I looked past him at the café. It was peaceful every one unaware of what was going on. People talking having fun, laughing. I looked back at Ren.

 “Yes. You know why right Kyros.” He paused as if noticing I wasn’t paying attention. “Kyros pay attention to me. Stop spacing out all this information is important and crucial to the mission understand.”

 “I’m listening Ren hurry up I want to get out of here before ten got me?” I was tired mainly because I hadn’t slept well last night.

 “Ok what you’re after is a shifter. This person has been hunting the locals for a while now.  We sent a team out a few days ago but . . . they never returned.”

 “So you want me to risk my life to hunt something that’s none of my concern? And what makes you think I can bet it if your own men can’t do it?” I looked at him with a look of question and deceit.

 “Well fine don’t go. We can just send Calais instead and he might end up dead and it will be your entire fault Kyros. How will that make you feel then? Sad, depressed regret for not going? Fine wh . . .”

 “Don’t ever use my brother as a threat to get me to do some thing for you! Got me?! If you ever do that again ill kill you understand?!” I was mad and furies he had used my brother to threaten me to do his work.

 “Very well. When you have finished your job we will be in touch ok.”

 He got up and started to walk away but stopped a few feet away. “Oh if you ever threaten me again.” He pauses turns his head and smiles and continues. “I’ll kill you got me and I wont hesitate either.” He turned his head back around and left. I felt chills go down my spine I knew he was serious.

  Seconds after he walked out of the café my cell rang. I pulled out a small tear drop black piece of metal. It was about the size of my palm hand. The Triquetra symbol appeared. There was a small picture of an envelope. I touched the envelope and the screen changed and a message appeared in the air above the tear drop object

 Dear Kyros,

Your mission is important and we need you to finish it as soon as possible. Your objective is a shifter known as Terra. He is located in Cincinnati Ohio. He has been killing his victims and draining them of there manna. He has been known to attack any one but mainly females between the ages of twenty to twenty-four. We need you to kill him and bring his body in. we need to do experiments on his body to see what gives him his ability to shift forms. We will be paying thirty hundred for this. We can not afford mistakes. Be safe and fare well.

                  Sincerely

                                   General Neo

            I got up and walked to the other side of the back and went threw the doors. Walking into the back there was a hall way and several doors. I went to the back door. I walked into the last door thinking this is my life.

 



© 2011 shadow night


Author's Note

shadow night
this chapter introduces my characters as well as some inportant parts of Kyros life... along with some of his family's enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

actualy this is a fictional story the first chapter is called life. it talkes about kyros life. things like family problems some are my own problems and things like tarot card reading i do.... i read tarot cards and get paid some times but this story is fictional and not all is true. when you look at it like the begining me and my two brothers dont live with our birth mom. i want us to. but i live with her. and i cant really stand her sometimes like kyros cant lea. and each name was choosen for a reas understand? i hope this cleard some stuff up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very good start ..write some more please?Do you want corrections like grammer?..(through) instead of (threw)?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

going to die cant wait tell ya put more in

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the beginning of this and look forward to the next chapter...with that being said I saw a lot of grammar errors, simply ones, that could be avoided with another editing process. There were some confusion with the past and the present tense within some parts of the chapter. It is important ans sometimes extremely difficult to continue using the same tense the entire time (I know I have problems with it myself) but its gets easier the more you read and write. Besides that there was a lot of misused and miss spelled words. For example towards the end you used the word "series" instead of "serious" to describe a characters threat. I also wondered (this has nothing to do with editing) if you knew that the tittle of your book is the same tittle of another book by a Japanese writer named Natsume Soseki who wrote a excellent novel entitled "Kokoro" and i think the word mean the heart or something associated with that. I wonder if you choose that tittle on purpose because it would go with the plot and characters of the book...Anyway this was a good chapter and I did like the dialogue. Look forward to reading the next chapter. And all writers write with some hint of truth within their writings no matter what type of book you write. And I also have to agree with E. Leo Wells and his review.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shadow night

9 Years Ago

yes i knew that the word kokoro means heart i learned it in math from a friend but i didnt know anot.. read more
keep it up i want to read more its very good Shadow wolf

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The story line, meaning the progression of the story is good, not great. With this kind of action, the reader will become part of the story, if you write it in present tense. Secondly, it appears you are writing this story for your pleasure, not the readers. I recommend you write for the reader, secondly never use verbs with suffixes and prefixes, it steals the action from the verbs and leave it wordy. Also become familiar with Lee Zion's forbidden fifty words never to be used. Your dialog is good, remember the story has a beginning, middle, and end as does the action and encounters between each characters. Its rough, but I like it on many different levels. My experience would suggest that you not worry to much about the beginning and concentrate on the flow and construct of the up and coming chapters. As you get down a few chapters you will modify the beginning. For a first chapter, not great, but a good start. The hardest part is getting it on paper. Keep marching on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


actualy this is a fictional story the first chapter is called life. it talkes about kyros life. things like family problems some are my own problems and things like tarot card reading i do.... i read tarot cards and get paid some times but this story is fictional and not all is true. when you look at it like the begining me and my two brothers dont live with our birth mom. i want us to. but i live with her. and i cant really stand her sometimes like kyros cant lea. and each name was choosen for a reas understand? i hope this cleard some stuff up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

... i don't think you should write your life. you can write a life similar to yours, but i think if YOU try to write your life using another's name (or even your own) it won't come out right. it'll come out where you are portrayed in the 'poor me' light regardless.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on April 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2011
Tags: family, love, hate, fear


Author

shadow night
shadow night

mansfield, OH



About
i'm 18 and so young yet i am disgusted with humanity. i hope that future generations can make the world better. i belive we should treat the earth better and not kill each othere for the dumbest thing.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by shadow night


Wounder Wounder

A Poem by shadow night