Chapter 1 The Beginning

Chapter 1 The Beginning

A Chapter by shadow night
"

the main character is on a mission to hunt a beast and ends up saving a young woman when shes in danger.

"

      Death looms over the planets. Seizing hundreds of thousands a year. Two hundred years ago a war known as "The Great Beast War" was fought between two races the humans and humanoids. Then a lot more died. A man ended this war by agreeing that the humanoids would be treated as a human is treated. The planets are inhabited by three types of beings Humans, Humanoids and the Beast. Humanoids have advanced thinking when compared to the beast and their body shape is like a human, but the Beast have a low IQ and their bodies aren't shaped like a humans. But to lower this number of deaths an organization known as Haven was created.

      Haven was created with many different Branches. To join the main forces of Haven you have to graduate the Academy. After graduation there are many different areas to be placed in. The basic of them all is the front line hunters or as we call them Geo's. Above them are the ten special squads, we call them Neo's. Neo is devised of ten special groups that master in one of the ten main areas of being a hunter or classes. Each Neo squad has a captain that leads the squad. Then there are other branches in haven such as; the Special Forces, healers, guards and ...etc. above all of us is the master or "Shuji" as we call him. When the old Shuji dies we elect a new one, which is normally a captain of one of the Neo squads. Then the new Shuji elects a captain that has to pass a series of test to become the leader of the Neo squad that they where promoted from.

I joined Haven a year ago tomorrow. I was able to join one of the Neo squads (any of them I choose to) but I don’t like being part of a team. I never specialized in any of the classes so they declared me an Adapt rouge (only because my scores for the ten classes was all equally four fifty. which is high.), an adopt rouge is a warrior that can use any weapon from any of the ten classes. So they allow me to freelance. I go from the five planets hunting and claiming a reward for my hunts. We are able to travel from planet to planet by a small Statue that is just a floating circle with a series of four other circles smaller than the first one and the four smaller ones are inside the bigger one. All we need to do is know where we are going and it takes us to that area or planet.

   Haven is located on Gaia, as is the headquarters and the academy. Gaia is used only for Haven and you can only go there if you have a pass. I do most of my work on Pandora or Earth. Which brings me to where I’m at. I’m here on Earth in New York. As much as I hate it the Shuji asked me to come and take this case personally. I’ve been hunting a gargoyle. I’ve been doing research on this fellow for a few days now. Gargoyles are supposed to protect humans from demons, but this one has been killing them shredding and tearing their body apart then be for they die it steals their soul. He normally attacks at night, but has attacked during the day on some occasions.

  Walking down the streets a shriek of fear and terror filled the air. I quickly looked up my eyes going wide. Its happening, it’s attacking now. As fast as I could I spun around and started running passing human and humanoids. The streets were crowded and hard to go so the first chance I had I turned down an ally way. I running to the back of the ally I saw a wall. With out stopping I ran and jumped onto the wall. Be for I could fall the wall I pushed off and hit a building and pushed off again until I was in the air above the buildings I quickly pushed again as if on a wall and began running again. This is a basic technique a member of Haven must be able to do. It allows us to walk where humans cant we create a path for us to walk on out of energy. Within minutes a cry for help filled the air. He was about to kill her. I quickly increased my speed to a run I then saw it . . . them. The gargoyle had its back turned away from me. Its skin was a light gray, on its back were black and dark red Celtic patterns and in the center was the five points of a star blackened with an eye in the center of it. My eyes widened it was demonic. My thoughts started to race. How could a gargoyle be possessed by demonic power if they are of pure nature. It doesn’t make sense. It raised its hand as if to strike something. I quickly went forward stopping it from striking its target. I landed in front of the creature looking at it now I noticed it still held its victim in its grasp. The face was shaped like a wolf, it had two fangs sticking out of thee top of its mouth. Its hands were sharp and covered in blood. The front of the body was the same as the back covered in black and dark red Celtic patterns. Its skin was smooth just like the back there was no hair any wear. It dropped the girl it was holding. It stepped around the girl and turned its head like a dog when its curies.

   I held my hand up forming a fist. I kept my pointer and middle finger sticking up, this is the basic casting hand sign we do to cast spells. “Kangoku Takai Baindo " death prison bind!” a small black ball formed above my fingers I threw the sphere at the gargoyle. The gargoyles wings quickly expanded he jumped into the air taking flight. It hovered there for seconds until it dived at me raising a claw to strike me with. “Seki Ranpu Sankaku- triangle light barrier!” three white lights appeared forming a triangle. The lights connected as a sheet of light spread from one to another.

  The gargoyle rammed the barrier falling to the ground. I held my hand out to my side. I concentrated my energy into my hand. “Shissou Enkou Ookami - sprint flame wolf!” A sword hilt appeared in my hand then a clear crystal blade started to form. It grew until the blade was the size of my forearm. The blade stopped with out a point as if it was broken clean. The gargoyle looked amuse as well as puzzled. “Oh you’ve not seen one of these be for have you. This is known as a soul weapon. A hunter forms these out of part of their souls. They manifest them into a solid form to use its easier than carrying an actual weapon on us. But each hunter has their own special weapon. No one can copy it nor its abilities the weapon holds.” Unlike every one else’s I’m able to change my weapons form into what I please. “Mine has many forms this is nearly just one of them. Your lucky to have gotten to see it normally my spells would finish the enemy off but sadly it wouldn’t do for you. So I decided to use this on you. Die forever Konrinzai Sougishiki Matashitemo!" a black light began to swirl around the crystal blade. I raised the blade above my head. The dark light began to settle as I held it there. Quickly I brought the sword down. The light left the blade in a black arc racing towards the enemy. The gargoyle screeched as the energy arc hit it. As the beast fell I let the blade fall to the ground disappearing as it fell, I raced towards the girl. Bending down I noticed she had been knocked unconscious. Observing more I had noticed her left arm was barely attached to her body. There were six deep wounds across her chest that was leaking blood at a bad rate.

   I gently put my hands over her chest. A blue and red light began to form around my hands. Slowly the wounds stop bleeding and eventually the wounds on her chest healed. I moved to her left arm slowly as to make sure not to touch it. Slowly her tissue on her arm began to reform and connect her arm back to her body.

   Taking my hands away from her he light disappeared. Looking at the girl more I noticed a shadow looming over us. My eyes widen in shock and disbelief. With out thinking or hesitating I picked the girl up with my left hand as a kuni appeared in my right. I spun around throwing the kunai at the gargoyle. When it hit there was an explosion. With that I took the opening and escaped with the girl.

   Moments later we appeared in a small room. In one corner there was a bed with a night stand next to it. There was three doors one leading to the bathroom, one to the closet and the last to the hall. There was a dresser and a TV mounted on the wall. I sat the girl on the bead and left the room.



© 2011 shadow night


Author's Note

shadow night
this is the first chapter please review hope you like it any concernsplz tell me or email me peace

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Death looms over the planets. Seizing hundreds of thousands a year. Simple problem her your opening first two statements are incongruent. Second, I wouldn't use them there unless they have a purpose. I like the third sentence, "Two Hundred years ago...etc." is a better opening for your story. You have so much information to tells, I'm exhausted from the volume of material to remember. You used the word Plants, are there more than one? if so what are their names and relationship to the one we are on in the story. No background, can we travel between planets? Questions abound - Keep the opening paragraph clear and concise when you are defining the territory, might start with a action scene, then roll back into the background of the planet (does it have a name, etc.) "A man ended this war by agreeing that the humanoids would be treated as a human is treated." Okay who is this man, or are you referring to man as a species. It will be a easier read, if you keep it simple, the KISS, keep it simple stupid, It has potential once I know who is who or what. You almost have to give the reader a history, so he/she can wrap their minds around it.
It is my "bag" but it has potential, just not clear and concise. Keep writing and posting can't get better if you don't. E Wells

Posted 11 Years Ago


For me this chapter started off a little slow and dull. You gave a lot of information in the first couple of paragraphs, maybe a little to much, But I understand that you were trying to give the information needed to understand the story. But after the first couple of paragraphs the chapter picked up nicely. There were a couple of spelling errors such as when you used the word before. You wrote "Be for" when it should be one word "before". Other than that this was a very good and informative first chapter.You have me interested as to who this narrator is and what does he have to do with everything. I look forward to the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


you had a great into and very detailed with the fight, surroundings, history. I wasnt confused at all, and i was able to picture everything very clearly. Great job, cant wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011
Tags: death, gargoyl, magick


Author

shadow night
shadow night

mansfield, OH



About
i'm 18 and so young yet i am disgusted with humanity. i hope that future generations can make the world better. i belive we should treat the earth better and not kill each othere for the dumbest thing.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by shadow night


Wounder Wounder

A Poem by shadow night