Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal
"

Veronica is excited about the year being almost over and so is Jane, her best friend. They go to a party to celebrate.

"
     It's five in the afternoon as I wait for Jane. She wouldn't quit talking about it all week. But who can blame her? This is the only party we've ever been invited to and I guess she thinks she did something amazing to achieve such a "once in a life time opportunity". The end of the school year is near which means her future rests on the skills she has learned in twelve years of schooling. The doorbell rings and when I opened it, Jane was outside. "Hey! Are you ready?" Jane asked almost jumping up and down. "Sure", I replied without her joy. "Well you better be, this is your shot at your romance", she nudged me jokingly. We got in her car and were off to the party at Josh's house which yes I do have a crush on him but was always too shy to say anything to him. "Here", Jane said as she handed me a piece of gum. "You'll need that", she was smiling now. She park in the yard given that the driveway is covered with cars. We walked inside and I lost Jane in the crowd almost instantly. I made my way to the kitchen and helped myself to a few sandwiches. "You know, other people like sandwiches too". I turned to see Jacob leaning against the wall. " I don't see a limit sign on the amount of sandwiches I eat", I joked back at him. " I thought I'd see you with Jane somewhere", he said. "We got separated at the entrance", I said looking at the crowd in the living room, wondering if I can find Jane. I couldn't. "Well, have you seen the pool? It's really big", Jacob announced, obviously trying to find something to do. We walked outside and there were more people here than inside. " Come on, the drinks are over here", Jacob led me to the bar that was set out. "Loosen up a little!", Jane came out of nowhere with her boyfriend, Ken. "We just got here and you seem like you've already had too many drinks", I told her as we all sat near the pool. "Isn't this great?", Jane looked at me. "Well I've seen many pools but yes this one is great", I said. "No, not the pool I mean all of us together at a party and in one week we'll all go our separate ways". "Not true, we'll meet up at the mall at times", I tried to cheer her up but I think she just had too much to drink. We all stayed at the pool for a few hours and Jane was pasted out on Ken's shoulder. Ken just stared at me though like he did the whole party. "Is there something on my face?" I asked as I started to wipe my face. "Uh. No no there's nothing wrong with you", he quickly looked away. He doesn't seem alright but before I could see what was wrong with him someone stood on a table and announced that the party is over and everyone has to leave. There was no use in trying to wake up Jane so we just set her in the backseat and Ken drove me home. We sat in silence the entire ride which is strange since he always talks a lot. When we got to my house I opened the door but before I could get out Ken grabbed my arm. "Follow the pink butterfly". Ken said then released my arm. "What?" I was confused but he just looked away so I got out and went inside. "How was the party?" My mom asked me when I walked in the living room. "It was great". I took a shower then went to sleep.


© 2013 UltimateArsenal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good write . Detailed , but not over done and i like the confusion at the end .

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 24, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013


Author

UltimateArsenal
UltimateArsenal

Walker, LA



About
I'm basically like anyone else, I'm not saying I am exactly like everyone because I'm not. I've been told I'm very nice by some of my friends but other than that I can't really explain myself to you. .. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal


chapter 3 chapter 3

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal