This writing has been deleted.
chapter 3

chapter 3

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal

     "Good morning," my mom said to me to wake me up. "What happened?" I asked. "You slept all day yesterday." she replied. I try to get up but I can't move. I looked up to ask mom for help but she was no longer there. It was Mr. Mariscara! "You work for me now." I wake up again but this time I'm not in my bed, I'm chained to a wet wall. She was dreaming. She really did get kidnapped and now all she has are her thoughts. The door opens and a man walks in and unlocks my chains. "Come on, I'll show you where you will be working." He said as I get up and follow him out and the full moon is the first thing I notice then I see a lot of people hitting rocks with hammers and others bringing blue rocks in wagons up a hill to a mansion at the top of the hill. The man brought me to the mill and gave me instructions on what to do for the mill. I get started as soon as he left. Putting pieces of scrap metal into a machine that made them into ingots then I got someone to bring the ingots up to the mansion. Occasionally we'd have short conversations but the guards rush us when we talk too long. It has been a week since I was taken and during the week all I've done is make ingots for Mr. Mariscara. I've also made a few friends while making ingots. Dimitri would drop off some food here and there but no other sign of Mariscara himself. The door opens and as always the guard escorts me to the mill. I made ingots all day and when my time was up the same guard escorts me back to my room. Once I got in my room I instantly go to sleep. I wake up to the door opening but instead of the guard that brings me to the mill Dimitri walks though. "Sleep well?" he asked looking around the dark room. "Yeah the best," I replied sarcastically. "Yeah I know, I hope you don't completely blame me for this." I looked back at the door to see no one was there or coming. "Well you're not exactly helping me out here." His face expressions changed right then and that look of fear and worry was back. "I can't help you, I'm sorry." He turned towards the door then back at me. "You'll just have to bare with me at the moment." "What, like the others? How long have they been here and to how many of them have you given this speech of "baring with you", or to just sit tight? These people are never getting free. Are they? And now I'm one of them. So yes I blame you and whoever took me to this place. I don't even know where I am." I saw two men coming to the door. "You're the only one I've said anything to or tried to help. I will help you get out but for now you'll just have to work and try not to get in trouble with the guards." He was cut off by the guards. "Dimitri your time is over, she needs to get to work." And with that Dimitri left and with him most likely my only chance of getting out of here. I will do what he says and keep working so hopefully he'll help me get out. I just don't know when. "Wait." The guard said as we were getting close to the mill. "Mr. Mariscara will like to speak to you. Follow me." I followed him to the mansion that I've seen a lot of but never saw the inside of the building. When we went inside another guard took over and escorted me to Mariscara's room. I look around the room and see Mr. Mariscara sitting in a big chair. "Please, have a seat." I sit in one of the chairs in front of his desk. "Dimitri tells me you have a gift that the other workers don't have so I thought that maybe he's right given you haven't tried to escape by now which is good since everyone else we get has thoughts of escape and some get close to escaping. Anyway I'm leaving for a business deal and thought since Dimitri thinks you are different from the others and you can be more valuable to me as something else than a common worker so I'm bringing you with me and I'll give you instructions and tasks to do and see if Dimitri is right about you." He waved his hand and the guard that brought me here brought me to the mill and I finished the day making ingots and thinking about the business trip. If somehow I can escape when out then I can become free. When I got back in the room it took longer than usual to go to sleep. This is my chance, I can't mess up when the time comes to escape. Thinking over and over about what to do I eventually sleep. I wake up to the guard opening the door. "Put these on then I'll take you to Mr. Mariscara." I quickly change and follow the guard to the mansion. "Okay, just do everything Mr. Mariscara says and don't try anything stupid." I walk in the room and see other workers that I guess are coming along with Mr. Mariscara. One I recognized. "Are you guys coming too?" I asked her. " yes, Mr. Mariscara wants to test us I guess, see who breaks and suff like that." That changes things. If he is testing us then trying to escape would be suicide or worse. So that's off the table I'll have to go along with Mariscara's plan and if I'm the best maybe he'll let me go. But that's just wishful thinking. This man wouldn't let any of us go unless we were dead. Looking around the room I find that only two guards are coming with us. Mr. Mariscara enters the room. "Okay, here's whats going to happen, we are going to seem like we are auctioning you girls off but instead when they give me the money all of you need to make a run for it to the truck that we'll be in while we handle the dealers. I want all of you to be in the truck by the time we're done. Any questions?" We all just shook our heads and we got in the trucks that will bring us to our destination. The ride consisted of the slaves trying to impress Mr. Mariscara. I just sat in the fear of knowing there was no chance at escape. The truck stopped and we all got out. "So these are my slaves?" asked the dealer. "Yes. Well, actually they're mine." Mr. Mariscara pulled out a gun and aimed it at the dealer whilst the other slavers shot the dealers but there were other dealers hiding and the place became a battlefield. I took cover behind a truck watching people shoot and fall when suddenly an idea came to mind. This is my chance to get free. I sprinted away from the trucks in hopes that they provide cover so no one sees me leave. It was dark so I wasn't sure what was ahead but I was determined to be free. All I could see was a wall of trees that was probably my best shot at escaping. I make my way though the trees and bushes until I was out and on a road. I followed the road what had seemed like hours. I soon thought this was a mistake when hunger started forming inside me. How could this happen to me? Have I done something wrong? Everything was unclear and I knew I couldn't walk much longer. All my thoughts seemed to disappear when my legs gave out from beneath me. I was awake but could move nothing, all i could do is look at the sky and everything came back to me. The hunger, the sense of being completely alone, and the fact that I am so close to death yet a memory came to my mind. One of my happier moments with my mom when she showed me what she knew about engines. Cars have always excited me after that day. My mind turned back to reality and I stared at the full moon as it shined brightly when my vision blurred more and more. I close my eyes and all my pain goes away and suddenly I feel nothing.


© 2013 UltimateArsenal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter is very different from the last . It was well plotted out and the last sentence leaves you wondering what will happen next . Its exciting to read as well . Very nice write . ~yokolyn

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2013


Author

UltimateArsenal
UltimateArsenal

Walker, LA



About
I'm basically like anyone else, I'm not saying I am exactly like everyone because I'm not. I've been told I'm very nice by some of my friends but other than that I can't really explain myself to you. .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by UltimateArsenal