Meeting Alex

Meeting Alex

A Chapter by Heather Scott
"

Heather is starts first day of school. During the first minutes she meets Alex.

"
I walk to school even if I have enough money to afford a car. I use it for other things. My name is Lilly. Lilly Justin, I move a lot for a seventeen year old. I live on my own, I make my own money and I am happy that way. I work full time as a hunter. The paranormal, just in case you were wondering, has always made me wonder from the moment  I learned about ghosts. 
Quick thing about me: I get annoyed so easily.  
But that doesn’t stop me, most of the time. I usually don’t like attention, which is why I wear sweats and things that make me look out of fashion. My hair is dyed violet, and cut up to my neck and my bangs cover my eyes. I am nothing out of the ordinary.  
The school had a banner that was blue and gold, and by judge I was guessing they were school colors. Weren't a great pair but they were what they were. I couldn't argue with that. There were kids here and there outside of the school. Some making out behind a tree, not that private is it? The buses came to a slow and parked in front of the school, and kids came pouring out.  
I smile as I walk up the steps to the school. Ordinary school, for the first time I think that I am going to have a normal school year. I am seventeen years old and I’ve lived by myself for a while. Not like anyone knows because I am the type of person who works best alone. The hallways were packed, people looked like they knew each other forever and I noticed this as I walked to the office to get my schedule and was greeted by the secretary. The office wasn't as crowed as the hallways, but then again it was big. 
“Hello.” She said in a motherly voice. She had long white hair, but looked young to have that type of hair. Was it dyed? She sat behind a desk that was huge. The noise of the other students came through the door. But thing that caught my attention was her eyes, because they were red… The color of blood. I knew a monster when I saw one. I made a mental note to keep and eye on her. 
“I called yesterday. I filed my application a bit to late?” I said, plain and cool.
“Yes, the district superintend approved. Loved your grades. He hopes that you stay here.” She smiled mysteriously as she handed me my schedule.
“Thank you.” I said. I was on a case, I’m not sure I will be here for long… But I think this year I am going to finish a school year in one school not three different ones.   I smiled back as the secretary gave me my locker number and combo. I muttered “thank you” again and walked to locker number six hundred sixty-six. Talk about the devil. I almost laughed at loud at the mental joke. I opened the locker, locked it, then opened it again, which was hard to concentrate so I did this one more time just to make sure I was getting use to it. Then I put the books that I bought just yesterday into the locker but kept the locker open. I looked at my schedule which looked like: 

Student name: Heather Scott School: LA High School Student ID    Grade: 10th                                                  52879521

Period one: Homeroom;  room 80; Mr. Ali
Period two: Trigonometry, Honors; room 300; Mrs. Hilliard
Period three: Biology, Honors; room 200, Mrs. Lewis
Period four: Guitar; room 1, Mr. Kay
Period five: Spanish; room 88; Mr. Wright
Period six: World History; room 5; Mr. Ruff
Period seven: Physical Education; Mr. Lyman
Period eight: study hall, room 188; Miss Goth


There was a note on the back:
If you need any help contact the office right away, Mrs. Scott
- From 
Maria Spence (V.P)
MS 
Homeroom was first,I felt lonely for the first time in my life. But as a boy came over the loneliness ran away. He looked lost and looked at me like I was here for the first two years of high school.
“Hey, do you know where room 80 is? I have to go there for homeroom.” He said with a sweet voice like he was singing. It melted all the other voices and people in that hallway away.
“Sorry, I’m new too.” I smiled, he was tall. Taller than me at least. Looked about six foot one. Maybe more. He had black hair cut short, but still managed to go over his ears. He had bangs that covered his eyebrows, and his eyes were blue, like a sea, something I wanted to dive into. “But I have that class too.”
He smiled. “Well at least now I have someone to look stupid with.”
“You think I look stupid?” I said.
He shook his head; the smile disappearing from his face. “I meant that I have company now. Well I meant -- god this isn’t easy.”
I laughed. “I know what you meant.”
“So may I escort you?” He asked.
“I don’t even know your name.” 
“Alex.” He said.
“Heather.” I held out my hand. “Nice to meet you Alex.”
He took my hand in a firm hold and shook it. “Same here.”
“See you around.” I turned and started to walk away. 
“Your just going to walk away?”
“Yep.” I turned back toward him. “I do better on my own.” I walked away but it didn't matter because he jogged to catch up. 
“Really? You’re just going to leave me? They might eat me a live!” I turned toward him.
“Eat you a live….?” I repeated, looking into his eyes, as he looked into my for some type of explanation of why I was walking away. 
“I’m a new kid. They will play tricks on me, and nasty ones at that.” I laughed and he chimed in.
People turned and I arched a eyebrow in their direction. It was obvious, nothing to deny about it, they were all girls, and they liked Alex. Either that or they thought he was hot. Funny how these people thought I was with him. For all I knew he was a monster waiting to kill me. 
It was upsetting really….They didn't want to leave us alone, I could just feel it,there was no reason for it, not like there is ever. But who really cared?  Most likely I didn’t and I put I distance between me and him. When I did that a girl came up to me. She had a soda can in her hand. Why would people drink so much caffeine so early in the morning that isn’t in coffee? She looked at Alex then at me then poured the can on my shirt. The cold sensation dripped into my sweats. My shirt was ruined, my sweats…ruined. I hate this, what is the matter with her?
She gave me a look of delight when she saw my reaction. Then she put her arm around his and created a link. She kissed his cheek and all he did was give a look of disgust, but nothing came out of his mouth. She whispered something in his ear, then he pushed her away. It was obvious there was something that I didn’t know going on here.  
I walked away 'cause I didn't care. I went into the direction of the bathroom to change into whatever I put in my handbag. Yes I had extra clothes in case something like this happened, because I expect the worst. This is one of the lucky times I had  something to fall back on.  That’s when I realized people were laughing at me. They pointed and laughed. One shouted “Punk wannabe!” Upsetting really. 
Fortunately I didn't let it get to me.  I tried not to let it get to me.  I reassured myself. I was on a case. A case that needed every ounce of my energy…Every single ounce. 
I went into the bathroom as girls gave me ugly stares. I didn't pay attention.I was too busy trying to take in my surroundings, which wasn't really much. The stalls were to the left the mirrors to the right, and a bunch of girls were crowding a mirror and talking in whispers that weren't whispers, because I could hear them. I went into the stall and I changed into the skinny jeans that were neon green, and a t-shirt that said “Vampires Don’t Sparkle”.  When I came out no one was there, just like I like it. 
I wondered if I was going to even make a friend at all at this school. I knew that Alex was just not a friend. He was never a friend from the start. Just some punk a*s that just wanted something from me. Something I didn't know, and didn’t care about. ‘Cause frankly I really don’t want friends. But they are there for moral support. I did need someone to listen though…
I took out a brush from my handbag, the one I had instead of a backpack. It said “Anime is an art form”, and that was the dog on truth. I brushed my hair once, twice looking at myself in the mirror. 
I put the brush down and stared at the mirror… “Bloody Mary…” I whispered
“Bloody Mary…” I gulped. Forcing myself to say one last time. “Bloody-”
“Hey it’s the punk wannabe. HA! HA!” They laughed and pointed. What the f**k did I do to them?  Interrupted by two blond girls who are punk wannabes themselves. I bit my lip. Wanting to rub that in their face, but that was something that was just not good. 
But what I did wasn’t any better. I put my brush in my bag and pushed past them “Oops! Looks like the punk wannabe just couldn’t see the s**t.”
“What did you call me?” One the blonds said. She had hair that came up to her shoulder. With blue eyes, black nails, and a shirt that have a skull on it with the words “PUNK ROCK” written on it like it was spray painted. The shirt had a solid purple, but there was a splash of purple, blue and green with stars the looked like it was spray painted on. 
I smiled real sweet. “Sorry I didn’t mean that.” I laughed. “I meant to say hypercritic,” I smiled even sweeter. “Honey, if we met somewhere else, you know you would have liked me. But you see kids making fun of me, so you go along.” I gave her a frown. “Just because others do it doesn’t mean you have to… Think about it and if you don’t feel the same later on, talk to me.” I walked away, without looking back. In the hallway people looked at me and whispered to the nearest person. What did I do?
Alex came toward me, he had a frown where his smile and confidence used to be. “Honey, you don’t have to explain.” 
“I do, don’t hate me. Please? Let me explain.”
“I work best alone, and I have a feeling the classroom is over there so bye.” I walked away from him as he seemed really sad. I felt my heart sink. This was a feeling I never felt before. Something I didn't want to feel…. But I didn’t look back I kept walking.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Honey, from what I learned from, there are two types of people in the world.
1.)The leader 
That is me. I don’t like orders, never did. I barely listen to my teachers. But I got grades to back me up that are all good. 4.0 BABY!
2.) The follower
This is something I refuse to be. A follower. Someone who is in someone else’s shadow. The poor person not getting a thing to say ‘cause the leader is making them stop. But trust me I am not that type of leader. Nope.
Honey, I’m one of the most thoughtful person you’d ever know. I am the type of person who’d love to give others my time. Others in need. 
But as we have already drifted from the main story I guess I might as well tell you what my case is, well there are two. 

The First case was given to me a week before. Case overview:
There has been unformatted amount of deaths that were unexplainable. The people killed have no connection. They all died of quote “heat attacks”, but they showed no sign of going to have a heat attack before hand. In fact they had good health. This is the main reason it screamed supernatural. That’s why they called me. Supernatural is my calling. 

The Second case was given to me just yesterday. Case overview:
People have seen strange things in mirrors. A person has been killed with blood from his eyes, he was suppose to go to court for the murder of someone. The only result I could think of is Bloody Mary. 


What I think: 
Bloody Mary might be the reason to both. Most likely she is the reason for the second case. The first case has a lot of possibilities. From demons…to something else. 
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you could see I do have a lot of weight on my shoulders. Things aren’t really what they seem. I was trained by my father, and he is on some other case himself. I wonder how he is doing. 
But the moment you are all waiting for…
THE REST OF THE STORY!!
 


© 2010 Heather Scott


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think you've got a pretty good idea there, but you need to proof-read your work a lot more. There are a few silly mistakes in there which you need to correct. I think, maybe, it'd be a lot better if you varied the sentence length a bit more too. At the beginning of the chapter, there's a lot of short sentences and very few, if any, long ones. So, as long as you correct your mistakes and maybe vary the sentence length more, I think it'll end up being a pretty good story :) Like I said, you've definitely got a pretty good idea there!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think you've got a pretty good idea there, but you need to proof-read your work a lot more. There are a few silly mistakes in there which you need to correct. I think, maybe, it'd be a lot better if you varied the sentence length a bit more too. At the beginning of the chapter, there's a lot of short sentences and very few, if any, long ones. So, as long as you correct your mistakes and maybe vary the sentence length more, I think it'll end up being a pretty good story :) Like I said, you've definitely got a pretty good idea there!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010


Author

Heather Scott
Heather Scott

Campbell , CA



About
I really like Anime, and alternative music. My favorite bands are P!ATD, Paramore, Vampire Weekend and AAR.I like P!ATD the most though. Writing is my passion :D more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Heather Scott


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Heather Scott


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Heather Scott