The N****r Word.

The N****r Word.

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A challenge to those that still think it appropriate to use this foul word of hate and oppression.

"

A blast of hatred of acid tongues,

A needless phrase to scold the tall,
A forgotten hero they never mention,
Take a look at the one called Robert Smalls.

A swipe by fist of foul means,
A dangerous concoction of sparks,
A cowards language of sorts,
Take a look at the one called Rosa Parks.

A definition of weakness in ruling,
A slap in the face of the now free,
A collapsed cult now gone forever,,
Take a look at the one called Isabella Baumfree.

A word is a word to fight and hurt,
A sentence pinned together from fools,
A paragraph of silence descends upon you,
The N word no longer a relevant tool.

© 2013 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
Just a tiny insight of my hatred for the oppression of Black people everywhere, there fight I think will never end, but the minds of those ignorant must be changed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with you completely Thomas people's minds need to be changed, they look at one thing and characterize all black people which isn't fair. Your poem was amazing, and I liked how you said "Take a look at the one called..." This is my all-time favorite poem by you. The N word is no longer a reverent tool. OUTSTANDING!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you my darling!
 Tasha

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome!



Reviews

It's just not black ppl man In a way we've all been in oppressed. This poem was beautifully crafted though the use of historical figures like Rosa Parks drove home the meaning of your words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i injoyed this i love how you put history with your poem very good

Posted 13 Years Ago


Deep and powerful poem with alot of true meaning!

Posted 13 Years Ago


o.o I'm sorry..I think something went wrong with my comment.
"Rosa Parks is one of my favorite people as well as Martin Luther King Jr.
They're such great people who really help change this world, but wherever you go, you just find racism and thats the most thing that I hate.
Wonderful work! I think that this poem has a huge meaning behind it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Rosa parks is one of my favorite people

Posted 13 Years Ago


Being that you are from Ireland I appreciate this even more-not that it matters it just lets me see people everywhere see the injustices in our world.
I as you detest the N word. Sorry to say it is a popular word in the younger culture- be they white or black i hear them using the word as a greeting and many other ways ... my cousin was staying with me her child is 3 they are white/Japanese/Spanish - and she called her little girl the N word , as if it were nothing i asked her to please stop because my 5 year old might pick it up ...
This is such a compassionate poem and I have not spoke about it , so sorry to rant - Mentioning Rosa and Robert, Isabella - and of course a man i admire who lost his life trying to bring about equality and unite humanity , Martin Luther King I had to mention him .. I can only imagine how it must feel ... then again i have been judged and called names so i can but probably not to the extent of the black people... still hammering Obama about his birth certificate!
Whether i agree with his politics or not I respect him - many here do not and use that ugly word when they speak of him... I like to think we have come along way but sometimes it just doesn't seem that way.
Wonderful poem , Thomas. The N word is not in my vocabulary.
Just read Fabian's review and it is true here also hearing black people using the N word.. doesn't make it right ...!

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing write! I love it! And I also hate those who oppress Black people. It's very wrong to judge others by skin color.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree 100%, this was a great read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
its great to see that complacency hasnt gripped all of society, poignant and well versed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You know what I like best about you Thomas? It's your willingness to stand up and be heard, that you have principles and convictions. Too many are too afraid of being unpopular, and just go along like sheep. You know what is right and what is wrong, and are not afraid to speak out. Keep shouting, and someone WILL hear you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4022 Views
88 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on December 27, 2013
Tags: History, Bleak, Fight, Civil Rights, Scorn, Slavery, Battle, World.

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Dream My Dream

A Story by Tate Morgan


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan