The Color Blue

The Color Blue

A Chapter by Olive Belikov

Living alone had taken its tole on Arrow. Over the last tiring months, thin had gotten thinner and weak had gotten weaker. With his failing body, the youngness in his bones had somehow dissipated entirely, now replaced with those that felt centuries old. Without annual meals to fill the gaps, Arrow had slowly begun to starve, bones jutting out in strange places never before seen by his haunted eyes. Often he’d resort to dumpsters, scavenging for scraps like a mangy dog. But in all aspects of the thoughts given by the rich and greedy, he was exactly that: a dog. No home besides the abandoned trailer gradually rotting away on the outskirts of town. A trailer that often leaked, letting in cold nights and rain, sweltering heat and meager critters. The only thing that gave Arrow real comfort in his diminished state was the color blue, constantly gripped tight in his feeble hands. Never had he left it behind in his travels or let it slip from his minds reach. Even as his end drew near, Arrow was firmly reluctant to let it slip. The color had always given him comfort, reminding him so heartily of his childhood skies and those sweet blue eyes; both the color he now held. His blue was just the perfect shade, It gave comfort when his mind wandered to desolate corners and spoke luscious words when he was in need for presence other than that of a ghost’s. The color blue never left Arrow, not once, for he had claimed it to be only his. At least, that specific shade would be his, and only until his soul’s departure. Arrow dreamed for a split moment in time of his gaining; the moment when the color blue had become forever his. He had been wealthy, wealthy and prosperous. Never did he think that his demise would come in a discarded trailer, hungry, alone. Even as the color blue had been written to his name, he’d had the image of his ageless body, a proud smile upon his face, the color held in his strong hand. But that image had been wiped away ages ago. As was his eternal life. Soon, so very soon, Arrow too would join the ghosts dancing through streets, joyless, fortuneless, colorless.


© 2012 Olive Belikov


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nice =) i really enjoyed it =P will have to read the next two!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm interested in this....i read it 3 times striving for meanings...

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is magnificent! I love how descriptive you are in displaying the scene and emotions of Arrow's hopes. Very very well done :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kohleen

11 Years Ago

thanx so much :) now I feel like I can continue a little more easily :)
Kohleen

11 Years Ago

lol continue writing the storie that is

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2012
Last Updated on November 5, 2012


Author

Olive Belikov
Olive Belikov

MT



About
I am a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend. I am a partner, a student, a young girl, and a grown woman. I am confident and scared, terrified and excited. I am loving and .. more..

Writing