The Color Silver

The Color Silver

A Chapter by Olive Belikov

Standing upon the chopping block, Thaine didn’t know whether to feel proud or scared. He’d gained his right to be there, but hadn’t felt the need to. He’d won his spot in years of training and sacrifice, pushing his way to the top, only to feel he was now unprepared and in the wrong shoes. Thaine had had this life set up for him, a color chosen at a young age, a color guaranteed to never be retracted. He thought it’d be a glorious lifestyle, one of wealth and promise. And indeed it was, but to Thaine, the downfalls seemed much greater now than ever. The girl in front of him looked so innocent, so feeble. He pondered how she could have ended up in such a state as this. But of course he already knew, she’d lost her fortune; something Thaine would never be subjected to in all the years to come. This lifestyle preserved him for an eternity, gave him the ability to continue living without worry of being downcast. But even Thaine’s color, that he now held heavily in his hands, couldn’t keep his heart from skipping beats in a regretful tandem. The silver shine only added to his fearful anticipation. On the platform, looking over a crowd of gold, Thaine heard the final ring sound and held his color up for all to see as the frail girl was placed in front of him. Taking in a deep breath, lungs expanding, Thaine brought the shining silver color down upon the girls neck.


© 2012 Olive Belikov


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love the portrayal of the "silver color" and what it was ^^ *claps*

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2012


Author

Olive Belikov
Olive Belikov

MT



About
I am a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend. I am a partner, a student, a young girl, and a grown woman. I am confident and scared, terrified and excited. I am loving and .. more..

Writing