A light gone out

A light gone out

A Chapter by Olive Belikov

Prom. That's where me and my friends are going. We're all in an SUV, almost to the school. I look down at my dress, my heart lifting at the sight of it. The palest pink I've ever seen stares back at me; the strapples top fitting perfectly to my body. It's tight corset travels down to my hips - dazled in beautiful light rose colored beads - where it fluffs out in a light cloud around me. It's not too fluffly, like those preppy pricess gowns. But it falls around me in a waterfall of beauty.

The car stops in the parking lot of the high school. From the window I see all my friends and classmates getting out of their cars, and entering the gym. I reach out to open the door and the moment I do, a rush of fear enters my system. My heart beats loudly, antisipating something horrible, my hands begin to shake, and my mind becomes fuzzy with fear. But then the feeling is gone. My heart rate back to normal and my head clear again. The thought of something bad coming lingers, but it no longer scares me.

As I step from the car, caos starts.

People begin to scream, running but not going far before they are attacked. I look more closely at what is happening and see why my friends scream in terror. Men, dressed all in black, their heads even covered by black masks, weild guns. They look like monsters, demons coming to take their bids.
Suddenly I see a movement out of the corner of my eye. I turn to see a monster man come at me from the side. His fingers -  grown out like claws on a wild animal - reach for me. As I duck out of the way, he comes at me again. I try to turn and run, but his clawed hands grab my arms. His fingers dig in, the claws breaking skin as streaks of blood run down my arm.

He turns me to look up at him, his eyes capture my gaze and I fight, unsucsefully, to tear them away. As I look into his gaze all the fear comes rushing back. I can feel the terror and of everyone around me. My heart freezes and my chest feels like its going to collapse in fear. I want to scream, bring voice to the terror running through my veins but throat feels to constricted to make a sound.

Then its gone. The connection broken as the monster man shoves me to the ground. I'm suddenly able to move again, his grasp no longer restraining me. He stands over me, and I realize in his hand he holds a gun; and its pointed at my chest. With my feet I kick out at his legs and he stumbles a little. I start to try and crawl away, my beautiful dress getting smudged with black from the ground. From behind, the man grabs my ankle and pulls me back to him. We struggle for a few seconds - all the while I can hear my friends still screaming, I can feel them struggling with their own monsters - he tries to hit me, punch me, knock me out, but I dodge his strikes; rolling out of the way before his clawed hands connect.

Something happens and all of a sudden I'm out of breath, all the fear washes over me and I freeze. I lay on my back, my dress torn and batterd, and stare up at the monster man standing over me. Once again he has the gun pointed at my chest. This time though, I'm to frozen with fear to move. I know any more struggle will be usless, that I can no longer fight him off. I lay and stare into his eyes as they capture me again. I feel all the pain and fright from the people around me; their screams filling my head. I know he is going to kill me, and I can't stop him.

"Please," the whispered word escapes from my mouth, one final act of desperation though I know its useless. His masked face smiles, an evil smile filled with knowing. The terror inside me is so much that I'm glad it's almost over. That I won't have to fight any more.

The man pulls the trigger, and for a moment I'm suspended in darkness, just floating, before the world just falls away.



© 2011 Olive Belikov


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on December 10, 2011
Last Updated on December 10, 2011


Author

Olive Belikov
Olive Belikov

MT



About
I am a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend. I am a partner, a student, a young girl, and a grown woman. I am confident and scared, terrified and excited. I am loving and .. more..

Writing