Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Brandy

The female detective pushed the door open to the child service center. Flashing her badge to the man at the front desk. She was about to pick up her phone before she heard a wild scream. The minister that was prime suspect for the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Hall was holding their daughter above his head. She was kicking and screaming, then her tossed her over the ledge. The detective screamed as she heard a pop. The  man was shot and the daughter laying in a pool of her own blood. The woman ran over to the child and pressed her fingers against her throat. There was a pulse! She called for medical back-up "You'll be fine" she spoke quickly to the girl. It must have been minutes before she heard the sirens, the emt's came rushing in with a gurney and hauled the child away. (WIP)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It seemed like weeks that i was trapped in that damned hospital. The stench of humans flooded around me, I was finally able to regain some movement in my lower body.  But I was not able to live on my own just yet until I regained the use of all my normal functions. The Doctors said i was making progress at an impressive rate. I was acting like a well mannered perfect little girl, they could hardly believe that I murdered my brother or that I was referred to as  "The Demon Child." The police strictly advised the nurses to watch out for me. A guard was at my door each night and each day. All I could d o was sit there, and watch the same channel  on the TV. My eyes went to the calender on the wall, It was going to be my fourteenth birthday tomorrow. "Happy Birthday Me" I spoke amazing the nurse that walked in the room with a tray full of medications. the look on her face, priceless. "Doctor!" The nurse screamed frantically, they were getting that female detective that was there the night I was tossed over. Smiling I liked her, she seemed fun to mess with. Yawning it wouldn't be that much longer before she came in the room with a note pad and her little chrome case. "Now Esther.." she paused "You can call me Heather." It looked like she couldn't grasp the reality that I was at the brink of death not even a month ago. It surprised me I remembered how long it had been. "I'm going to ask you a few questions about that night" Heater opened her case and took out a pair of rubber gloves. "You already know what happened, Nate lost it and tried to kill me because he thought I was the devil" I spoke it so nonchalantly that it made Heather jump. "true, but then why did you kill your brother?" "I did?" My voice turned into a mere quick. Playing this woman would be easy. "Yes,.." Heather looked confused, "Ill ask you more questions later." She picked up her things and left the room.

 

There was a knock at the door, a fragile looking boy walked in. "hello," I gave him a skeptical look and he hopped onto the edge of my bed. "I heard it was your birthday so I got you this." He held up a small card with a fox on the cover. "Who are you?" I asked completely curious. All he did was hold a finger up to his mouth. I was dumbfounded how he got passed the gaurd. Maybe he was out at a bathroom break. I sat up and crossed my legs. "Wow, you heal quick!" The boy looked innocent. Alot like my own brother, it annoyed me. But i felt an attraction to him, I couldnt put my finger on it. "Well thank you for the card" I lifted it up." "You havent even read it!" He pouted and I opened it, "There was a single rose drawn inside "How sweet" I smiled, truly smiled. Staring at the card, with petite handwriting it said "happy 14th B-DAY!" I chuckled and glanced up at him. He was staring and it made me feel uncomfortable, "What?" I asked alittle harshly. "You looked like a fox for a second." I laughed loudly, "Your a strange one!" I couldnt stop laughing. A nurse came running in and the boy looked at her "I broke her!" he chuckled. The nurse fell to the floor as I thrashed around the bed, "Its a miricle" She whispered. I sat up and tilted my head "What cat got your tongue?" I smiled slyly.  looked at the clock, just about time for the detective to come back. I leaned back into the bed and waited all but five minutes. The nurse had left and started rumors and heather looked bewildered "Now Esther,.. Tell me how you healed so fast.." "Like i know the answer to that Ms Heather" I looked at the boy who was still sitting at the edge of my bed. Why he hadnt left yet beyond me. "whats your name?" i completely ignored the adult woman. "Adam" "Aha!" i had finally gotten a name, "well Adam, Why you here?" he got all sad all of a sudden "I had a really bad flu, but now Im better" I smiled "well thats good." I went back tot te detetive who got the hint and left. And he left soon too, and then I was alone again.



© 2010 Brandy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on November 1, 2010
Last Updated on November 1, 2010


Author

Brandy
Brandy

SOME PLACE, VA



About
Simple.... easily distracted... Not the best grammer.. Love cats... Love my friends. Wild imagination! =P IMMA NERD! Not really Cause my grades Suck! Not good at writing about myself! more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Brandy


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Brandy


Secrets Secrets

A Book by Brandy