Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Brandy

Esther sat in the hospital bed; it was getting quite uncomfortable seeing as it had been a little over two months since she was brought in. They were testing her; someone with injuries to her extent shouldn't be fully healed with any problems at all. The nurses and doctors were scrambling around in the main hall. Esther slipped out of bed and looked through a tiny window in the door; she smirked as she saw the same guard at her door. Shaking her head she knocked softly, "Can I have a peek please?" she said in an innocent tone.  She had convinced most of the people that were around her she could never commit such a horrible crime. He smiled; he was one of those people. He moved out of the way so she could open the door. She bit her bottom lip; it wasn't normally like that unless there was a bad accident. Shrugging she lost interest and made her way back to the bed. She picked up the remote on the side and started flipping the channels. It was quite boring in the hospital and she wasn't allowed to leave her room unless she had an escort. That was when she heard a soft tapping then a familiar face appeared. The boy had a wide grin on his face, Esther's eye brows rose. "What?" she asked he shook his head. It had been about two weeks since he last visited her, she figured because he had been allowed to go home. "You wanna live with me?" his voice seemed completely serious but, she couldn't put her finger on the underlying tone. "Um... like they would ever let me out of here" she rolled her eyes. Adam just held up a piece of paper, "Don't worry about that! Already taken care of!" He had that same dumb look on his face that her brother had when her mother would pick him up from school. "Whatever" she knew him enough by now that he wouldn't take no for an answer.
 Her doctor came in, an older man with a receding hair line. "So, I guess you heard the news" his voice was rough. Esther didn't like him, but at least he was true to his feelings when he treated her just like a test subject. She respected that; she couldn't stand people who hid their true personality. And in that it made her a hypocrite because she had been doing the exact thing the whole time when she was at the hospital.  "Pfft" she said it was just about time for her weekly scheduled appointment with the detective, "Now, if you two wouldn't mind Ms Heather is here" she looked at the door. To the two male's amazement Heather walked through the door, "Yes, please leave these conversations are supposed to be private" The doctor shifted and left, no expression on his face. "Bye Adam, I guess see you later" Esther waved to him as he left.  "Don't you know me too well Ms Heather" the girl smiled and pulled the thin covers over her legs. "Esther, when you leave, you must be on your best behavior" yet another Esther had tricked into thinking she was innocent. "And we must discuss your court date... It's supposed to be in... two days" Heather looked distressed about it. "It's fine Ms Heather..... And I'm always on my best behavior" her voice was soft. "Well... then..." Heather's eyes lowered for a second then lit right back up! "Oh! I brought you some clothes!" Esther's eyebrows creased together, "I'm... Leaving today?" she had a wide smile. Heather nodded and handed her a bag, "Hope I got the sizes right" she smiled, with that Esther ran to the bathroom and changed. Wasn't much her style, a pale pink shirt and a skirt. Opening the door again "I like it" she spun herself in a circle so the detective could get a better look. "It looks good on you" Esther was just dying to get out of the hospital, she even seemed a little bit restless and Heather took the hint. "Well let's go!" she started to walk out of the room and Esther was close behind. It seemed a bit odd to be out of her room. But once she was out of that damned building, she felt a slight freedom again. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back, the air seemed so fresh she could taste snow in the air. "Its winter?" Esther asked. Heather nodded and went over to her car. "Are you ok?" she asked "Of course!" Esther gave the detective a soft chuckle and got in the car as well.


© 2010 Brandy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on November 1, 2010
Last Updated on November 1, 2010


Author

Brandy
Brandy

SOME PLACE, VA



About
Simple.... easily distracted... Not the best grammer.. Love cats... Love my friends. Wild imagination! =P IMMA NERD! Not really Cause my grades Suck! Not good at writing about myself! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Brandy


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Brandy


Secrets Secrets

A Book by Brandy