Unrest

Unrest

A Poem by kristen0928

Thump thump thump
My heart clammers and jolts
Against my chest

Tick tick tick
The silver cloaked clock
Methodically maps my unrest

Purr purr purr
The cat slumbers below at my feet
Oblivious to the battle occurring within the sheets

In and out
I release a bated breath to the world

Please please please
I beg the sandman
To crust my eyes for sleep and
release

© 2017 kristen0928


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely beautiful, I guess there was no point in my suggestion but I must say that I like this format better than your latest poem. That being said, if you feel better about the rhymes, by all means keep them. The most important person to like our poems is us so whatever you like, your poems are very strong and have a lot of emotions in them. Every line in this poem is purposeful and leads to a powerful piece. I very much like this poem!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Another vivid poem about sleepless and restless nights. I hate that I can truly relate to this theme of Insomnia. Often it can become maddeningly frustrating...

So I have much sympathy for you, as I share that plight with you.

The third stanza is magnificent in its portrayal of trying your damnedest to fall asleep and almost willing to pray to God himself to let you sleep, especially after being awake for three or four days.

I know that all too well. I routinely stay awake anywhere from 2-4 days several times a month at least. Sorry for spilling my own woes upon you, but that's how amazingly realistic your Sleep themed poems are, so take it as a compliment, lol.

Another good poem, young lady!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Great piece about not getting much sleep.
I love the lines ' The cat slumbers below at my feet
Oblivious to the battle occurring within the sheets' - This sometimes happens to me and it's so true.

Also that Darn clock...going tick..tock - I know that feeling too.

I was a good read but so so true as to why many of us cant get to sleep.

Kudos to you.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Do you have to sleep with the television on? your poem made me remember when i had to. Also there is something fast about your writing. i dont know, call me crazy. Nicely done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like how you describe the sounds, it makes it more realistic.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2017
Last Updated on January 16, 2017

Author

kristen0928
kristen0928

About
I love writing and reading. I have trouble sleeping. I think too much and love too deep. I have too many feelings and ponderings about life, and write therapeutically (as I'm sure most people do) more..

Writing
Running Running

A Poem by kristen0928



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cold Cold

A Poem by ahazyjane


WATCHING WATCHING

A Poem by M. L. F.


Snow Queen Snow Queen

A Poem by Hebe