Outsider

Outsider

A Chapter by Lunar Star

Outsider

     We are the three moonblood pack members who don’t want to be like the rest. The three of us are not bloodthirsty like the rest of our families pack. The three of us don’t kill like they do. We only kill vampires while they don’t. They kill anything humans, vampires, family members, even other wolves. I and my sisters are the daughters of the alpha male of the moonblood pack but we won’t tell the others. The three of us and our family are hated by everyone yet somehow I and my sisters get out of that hate. We can’t tell Seth, Jake, Axel, Mace, Eric, or any of the others about who we are. Amai is the only one in the pack that knows everything about us. Jojo knows just as much but not everything. Jake told everyone that we were his cousins who they all knew was true but they decided to just let it go and leave us be unless it was important or we were needed by someone. We hate letting Jake and Drake, his little brother, tell everyone this but if they knew who we really were they could get hurt and i can’t let that happen.
     “Jake?” I asked the darkness of the cave, “Is that you?”
     “Shh! You’ll wake Eli and Rosa,” The voice said in a low whisper while it still held me close against the ground, I need your help with an outsider. She doesn’t  seem to know what she is doing. She could be dangerous and I know you can handle anyone.”
     “Damn Jake let me go or I’ll tear you to shreds,” I growled lowly to get up and walking over to him, “What if they’re just looking for a pack to join.”
“Trust me on this one Yumi she doesn’t smell like us. She’s different like she’s new to all of this,” he looked over his shoulder and into the cave, “and anyways not like i can ask any of the guys to help me with her.”
    “Oh so now it’s because I'm a girl,” i almost yelled.
    “No Yumi all the guys that aren’t in a relationship would kill to be me right now. They would kill to hunt and work with you. You’re the strongest wolf out of all our kind. I just want your help,” He said walking over to Drake’s sleeping body, “he’s my little brother so i wouldn’t do that to him.”
    “Um...OK. Well lets go check this pup out then,” I said sniffing the air and jumping off the cliff under our cave entrance, “Come on.”
    “Your one crazy girl Yumi,” Jack said as he caught up to me. We ran through the forest and towards the lake. We ran by the river stopping to take a small drink then taking off again. We ran all the way to the lake in about an hour, which is a lot shorter than it would if we were human.
    I noticed a figure running around the lake as if they was a wall keeping it by the edge, “So this is the outsider you were talking about?”
    “Yeah just before she wasn’t here,” he replied stepping out in front of me just in case she tried to hurt one of us, “Hey girl, whoever you are. You’re in our territory state your business.”
       The figure stopped and looked at us, “Oh sorry, I didn’t know about anyone else being here. I thought I could go anywhere now that I’m like this.”
       “Come here so we don’t have to yell. I rather not wake my little sister and twin or the rest of the pack,” I said stepping out from behind Jack, “by the way it isn’t all fun and games here.”
    “Um OK,” she said trotting over to us, “there are others like me I guess. I thought I was alone. Well I’m in trouble aren’t I?”
     “It depends on how you answer a couple questions,” Jack said snapping at the she-wolf, “considering you didn’t attack us your fine for now.”
     I snarled at him baring my sharp k9s, “Jack don’t be a dumb head or else. She did what she was told.”
     “What was that for,” she said looking at Jack then towards me, “you’re not going to snap at me too?”
      “No, oh and my name is Yumino,” I said while starting to look at Jack, “and he is Jack.”
      “My name is Cherrylinda,” she replied looking at me, “You seem nice. I was wondering um how I get in a pack.”
        “You have to get accepted by the alpha and the elder or elders. In our pack the alpha is Jojo, well Joey only I call him Jojo. The elder is Amai,” I replied looking at the reflection of the moon on the lake.
    “Yumi enough we can’t just bring her to our home,” Jack didn’t finish because I was tired.
    “Jack go wake up Jojo NOW,” I said in a tired and grumpy voice, “get Amai too.”
    He looked at me, “Why can’t you?”
    “Just do it Jack!” I snapped at him.
   “Fine,” he said looking at Cherrylinda one last time then taking off.
    “What’s your last name?” I asked after he left.
    “Moonblood, What about you?” she replied.
     “Same as you,” I said walking over to stand in the moonlight, “don;t tell anybody though.”
      “Okay,” she said as Jack, Joey, and Amai came into the clearing.
      Joey immediately ran over to check if I was hurt, which I never really got. He started off by asking all the same questions he did to me. After he asked all the questions he had to test them. he needed t know how they hunted alone and with someone else. Then Amai had to ask her own set of questions, which took another ten to fifteen minutes. Finally Joey gave me the okay to challenge the newbies, which I didn’t really like at all.
    “Okay I’m ready,” she said turning towards me.
     “Oh OK,” I said getting up, I ran at her and pinned her to the ground, “ new or not I’m the strongest in our world and will be for a long time.”
     “I don’t really care i just need to learn to live like this,” she said biting my leg. I immediately bit her in return but the fight stopped there.  
     “Enough. Cherrylinda welcome to our family,” Joey said.
     “Hey Jojo can I stay and hunt until sunrise?” I said turning into a little girl, “I mean look at me I look like i five year old and I’m fifteen. Just the thing is I turn into i giant fluffy wolf. Please Jojo?”
   Letting out a sigh he said, “Fine but why do you have to be so cute.”
   "I don't know," I said turning back into my wolf, "see ya later Cherry. Hey Jojo her nickname is Cherry okays.”
“Ok,” Joey said as he disappeared leaving me alone. After a few minutes i decided to start hunting for breakfast. I stood up sniffing the air find a bear in the distance. Once i figured out how far away it was i took off towards it. When i finally got close to it i stopped waiting for it to turn away from me. Then i jumped on it tackling it to the ground and suffocating it. I then waited until the sun was up to get it all the way back to the cave. Problem i would have to start now considering its a two hundred pound bear. I mean jeez have you ever drug a two hundred pound bear on your own? Its not easy at all trust me on this.  
      After two very long and tiring hour i got back to the cave entrance. Joey would be so proud of me right now. I thought to myself dropping the bear, “Hey! People there’s a dead bear out in front of the entrance,” I yelled as everyone got up and ran outside.
    “Awesome!” They yelled jumping down and scarfing the food down. Man these guys are animals when it comes to food.  
    “Has Joey, Jack, and Amai came back yet?” I asked looking around.      
    “No they went to train. they’ll be back in a couple minutes don’t worry sis,” Rosa said with her mouth full of meat.
     “Hey, everyone we have a new member joining us today. Her name is Cherrylinda but her nickname is Cherry,” Joey said walking out of the woods, “Now lets all be nice to her.
   “Hey I’m Mace,” He said smiling and sitting down in front of Joey.
    “Hey I’m Seth,” he said sitting down next Mace, “and this is Axel.”
   “Hi I’m Eric,” He said joining the boys.  
   “Hi I’m Lili Mace’s little sister,” She said sitting next to her brother.
   “Hi I’m Drake,” He said coming over and sitting between me and Jack, “I’m Jack’s little brother.”
    “Sup I’m Daniel,” He said sitting down.
    “Hiya I’m Brad,” He said sitting down, “and this is  Alyssa.”
    “Hey sorry we’re late I’m Shannan, this is Chrisy, Jarred, and Justin,”  she said as they ran over and took their spots in line.
    “My bad I forgot to get up earlier today,” Ray said, “by the way I’m Ray.”
     “I’m Maria and this is my brother Chaz,” she said as they sat down.  
      “Ok you know me, Amai, Jack, and Yumino so yo know everybody now,” Joey said standing up, “now I want all of you to treat Cherrylinda the same way you do everyone else. She is the newest member of our pack. Am I understood?”
    “Understood!” Everybody yelled going back to what they were doing as if nothing had happened.
    “Well I got to go train with Jojo so have fun,” I yelled to Cherry as I turned and ran into the woods towards the training ground.


© 2012 Lunar Star


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it!!! can't wait for more!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012


Author

Lunar Star
Lunar Star

Denver, CO



About
Hi my name is Lunar Star and I'm 18. I love to read, draw, Play my guitar and keyboard, hanging out with my friends, and of course writing. When I write i fell like there is nothing in the world that .. more..

Writing
MY love MY love

A Poem by Lunar Star