The Dream

The Dream

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

"Let the light shine from your eyes,

When all else goes dark.

Let the windows to your soul be opened,

Ans the light form it come forth.

 

For your soul is pure

Pure from the evils of this world.

 

Dearest child,

                  You have been protected all of your life. The world holds many surprises for you. Within it you will find pain, suffering, anguish. But you will also find love and happiness beyond what you have ever felt before. The good and the evil co-exist together. Now wake from your sleep and go forth. Be the light in the dark for those who cannot see the path. Save your homeland, Dear One. For the future lies within you."

                         

She woke from her dream in a cold sweat. That had to have been the wierdest dream that she'd ever had.

 

She walked into the kitchen area, shaking from the dream. She didnt quite understand why she was shaking, though. It wasn't like the dream had been scarry. In fact, it had been quite comforting.

 

" Liza," said a voice from behind her. "What are you shaking for? I could hear your teeth chattering all the way from my room."

 

Liza turned around to see Mason, one of five borders along with herself. They had lived together for the past five years.

 

"Actually," she replied, "I'm not entirely sure. I had this dream where..."

 

"Oh. A nightmare. I see now."

 

"No, it wasnt a nightmare. It was actually...really nice. I heard this voice talking to me. It sounded vaguely familiar.

 

Mason roled his eyes. "Well, if its voices your hearing, we had better go and see the head magi. You never know. If I good dream has you shaking, then something's up."

 

Liza nodded her head and slipped on her shoes and jacket, then they headed out.



© 2008 K.S. McClure


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it so far. I like how you put a poem in the beginning!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The preface to this is amazing as it show the past pains can be left behind, starting each day anew. Beautifully penned.
You have a great start with Liza and Mason!
Looking forward to more! ~ :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmm, it could be more descriptive. Since it's in 3rd point of view Omniscent, you could've desrcibed a lot when she woke up. You could've described Mason and even put more background to it without losing the readers' interest (you didn't lose mine) But then again this is the beginning so maybe I'm judging too soon. You have a lot of spelling errors, but you maybe trying to wait till you finish. So, ignore this review if you want.

But, it's a good opening as Lesley Wood and Phleggers has put it, I didn't lose interest. I love the mystery you've set in it. It keeps me well in the dark and that's how I love to read.

The ending propels me to know where LIza is going, so it is fine. I still want to keep reading on.:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very interesting! And the message in the dream so beautiful and eloquently put. You did a great job by creating a beginning that captures the attention! Welcome to the Cafe, btw! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An intriguing opening! I'd like to read more here. Have you any more chapters? You set an intresting premise and already there are some good tensions. Nice work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2008
Last Updated on August 28, 2008


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure