3.Kindergarten

3.Kindergarten

A Chapter by LauraH
"

Yup chapter 3!,

"

As soon as we were all in our seats, Mr Hayes handed out all the maths books and language books and english books, we had to provide our own work book. We did maths for half an hour then Mr Hayes announced that we were going to go to Mrs Kingsley's class to get our kindy buddy, we ran across to the infants building because it was sprinkling well all the girls that cared about their hair ran and only four girls including me didn't run, all the boys walked in slow motion on purpose until Mr Hayes told them off from the window in the infants building. We eventually got to Mrs Kingsley's class, when we got inside we had to sit down on the blue carpet, it was very cramped because we were also sitting with the kindy's.

"Hello 6H," said Mrs Kingsley, "Well, as we all know 6H is going to become buddy's with my class". We all stared at Mrs Kingsley while she was talking, we all hoped that we'd get to the picking buddy's part.

"We're going to do it a bit differently this year" said Mr Hayes, adjusting his glasses and curling the ends of his moustache.

"That's right, this year we're going to get all the Yr.6's to stand in a line and Mr Hayes and I are going to put the Kindy kids names in a hat and you big kids are going to pick the names out" said Mrs Kingsley with a big smile on her face. The whole of our class were staring at her, we all didn't want to do it that way, we'd rather pick our buddies, now I very much doubt that I would be Josie's buddy, Josie was my next door neighbour she had blonde hair, a very cute little nose and she was very mature for her age. 

"All right 6H, get in a line" said Mrs Kingsley, as she was looking at Mr Hayes. We all got up and stood in a line, I was about third from the front, there was Emily-Jane and Vanessa in front of me and Amanda was behind me, Mrs Kingsley got out a little bucket because she couldn't find a hat and started writing all her students names on little strips of paper, when she was done she folded all the papers in half and put them in the bucket, Mrs Kingsley shook them up and Emily-Jane put her hand in.

"Susan!" she said enthusiastically, I think that's who she wanted, Susan had brown hair pulled back by a ponytail, alot of freckles and she had lost one of her front teeth. Next Vanessa put her hand in.

"George" said Vanessa, I knew she didn't want him because of her tone but Mrs Kingsley thought she did, now it was me, I looked around the room before I put my hand in looking for Josie, I crossed the fingers on my right hand and put my left hand in the bucket, I didn't shut my eyes, I looked in the bucket, I saw a paper that was a little bit folded and I saw the letter "J", I hoped that was the one the said Josie. I pulled that one out and opened the paper.

"Jenny" I called out trying to put on my best smile, I wished it said Josie, who was Jenny anyway, she looked alot like George, red hair, tonnes of freckles and very short, maybe they were brother and sister well if they were somehow I think that I'd be sitting with Vanessa alot. Next was Amanda, like me she looked around the room and then very quickly shoved her hand in then pulled out a paper.

"Josie" called Amanda looking around the room for Josie, Ugh, why couldn't I have Josie and she have Jenny, Amanda and Josie walked over to where I was Josie stayed a little with me and Amanda went over with Vanessa and Emily-Jane, I looked at Josie and she looked at me.

"Why couldn't I have you El" said Josie in a disappointed tone, she looked like she was going to cry but I knew she wouldn't.

"Well that's the way it goes Jose but remember I'm still here" I said smiling at her.

"Your buddy is my best friend" said Josie starting to become more happy, I immediatly became more happy too, I would still be able to play with Josie if she played with Jenny.

"Well that's good" I said looking over at Jenny.

"All right kids,"said Mr Hayes,"Back to class.", I said goodbye to Jenny and Josie and promised Jenny I'd see her at recess, I guess Jenny wasn't so bad and maybe I would become friends with Amanda if Jenny and Jose were always playing together, I guess it all just worked out for the best.



© 2009 LauraH


Author's Note

LauraH
ignore grammar and spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on January 26, 2009
Last Updated on January 27, 2009


Author

LauraH
LauraH

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
♥♥Hi, I Laura and I love writing, I like netball and soccer, I HATE handwriting and writing is my best subject. I love YouTube and Gmail and i know I'm going to love this site too! I hav.. more..

Writing
Prologue. Prologue.

A Chapter by LauraH


Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by LauraH


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by LauraH