For starters

For starters

A Chapter by Alexis

   Sunday morning. The Home Depot warehouse was empty, with an exception of three people. A man, his wife, and myself. Rows and rows of tools and supplies occupied most of the space.

 

   The man was about 33 years of age and stood at 6'2. His perfect peach skin was covered by dark blue jeans and a black shirt that says "Black Sabbath". He had thick, curly hair that topped his head, which matched his newly grown beard. Dark brown eyes gleamed in the artificial light, as he walked through the many aisles of lawn and garden with his wife.

   His wife looked to be 29, and she had beautiful, blond curly hair. A pair of blue eyes hid behind her bangs. She was only 5'6, and wore a red ruffle blouse with a black medium length skirt that allowed her yellow-purple skin to show off.

   Her husband reached for her arm, squeezing it enough so that she couldn't get free of his grip. He pulled her closer to him and walked towards an area with no cameras. I hid behind a shelf nearby, just close enough to ketch pieces of their conversation.

   "I swear... you... Margaret, you are... why this, now?" Margaret tried pulling her arm away, but he squeezed her arm even tighter. Tears started to weld up in her eyes. "Really... your not... get away... I... hit you..."

   "No, please," a river of tears flowed from her eyes as she squeezed them shut. He dropped her arm and swung his fist in the direction of her. Margaret bit her lip as her husband's fist met her flesh. Her face turned on the impact.

   "Shut up... don't need you... you're worthless... stop crying... such a baby... no one likes you..."

   Millions of thoughts ran through my head, as of what I should do. I chose the best one and ran. I came up behind the man and kicked him in the back of his knee cap,allowing him fall to the ground. Margaret turned and ran as if she was free. I darted in the opposite direction, but stopped when I realized he wasn't following me.



© 2013 Alexis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013


Author

Alexis
Alexis

St.Louis, MO



About
- I accept all criticism, for that's what makes a writer improve. - - I accept all reading requests. - I am 21 and LOVE to write. I live in Missouri, United States, working full time as a depart.. more..

Writing
Anymore Anymore

A Poem by Alexis


Alive Alive

A Poem by Alexis