He was

He was

A Poem by Lilaa
"

Truly seeing the inner ungraciousness of the man you once loved.

"
He was the type of man to fill the room with warmth that radiated through his body.
He was the type of man that would whisper nothing but sweetness into your ear and made you believe every word. 
He took your fears, wrapped them with his warmth and turned them into reality, he took the only thing you were breathing for and that was the chance of love. Loving someone, having that someone tear you open but little did they know they were doing the cutting. He held your secrets in his pocket, guarded them with his life. but you walk by like you're strangers now, a stranger who knows your secrets, who knows your weakness. 
The air you both inhale is the same air you exhale, irony right?
He takes your breath away, smothers you with his presence and solidifies you to the world around you.
He was the type of man that would feed off the presence of another woman, a man who had no voice, a man who stood behind his own battered soul, unmasking the inner demon he was truly. sorrow is what you leash upon me now, the chance of another ever having my heart has cancelled down to zero.

© 2015 Lilaa


Author's Note

Lilaa
I've had writers block for around 3-4 months. I haven't been able to write due to my mental condition. I was recently inspired to really write again after my very heavy break up with the man I loved for a few years. I know it is a little sloppy, although I am working on progressing with my writing. Please excuse the mess! ANY feed back would be much appreciated. Thank you all so much.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:) dont worry , hes a stranger now....some times the best of freinds and lovers can become strangers whom we have shared lot of our fears and weakness ... let it go ... breath in the freshness of life :)
let god give you the strength to be strong


Posted 8 Years Ago


Lilaa

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your feedback also!
Yeah, he is a stranger now, t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2015

Author

Lilaa
Lilaa

No city, No region , Australia



About
just experimenting with my words. more..

Writing
The Other. The Other.

A Poem by Lilaa


Anxiety Anxiety

A Poem by Lilaa


If being If being

A Poem by Lilaa