The Piano.

The Piano.

A Story by MelissaMichelle
"

This is a story I wrote while listening to "Bella's Lullaby" on my computer. The piece is beautiful, and inspired my writing. =) let me know what you think.

"

 

The Piano.                By: Melissa Whitten

 

 

 

 

  Belonging to you, I sat on the wooden bench.

I could not fathom the joy that this moment was bringing to me.

If the butterflies were a cliché, I could have flown away with how many were inside of me. You played softly and each finger that gently stroked the keys were telling our story. You played with the heart of every note from memory.

 

 Closing my eyes, I could see the way we had changed and how long it had taken us to get where we were now. I wanted none of this to end. I could live forever sitting on this bench, with you softly playing and listen to the sound of the melody bursting from the piano. The softness was a reminder that you were always close and the harder strokes told the story of our troubles, faced and conquered from start to finish.

 

 I wanted nothing more than to inspire you as you played. I wanted to make you feel the love that I felt for you. I hummed as your fingers played the keys and smiled at the smile on your face. Gently, without a pause, I placed my hands on the keys and fell in rhythm to your graceful movements. I watched, to be taught and played from the heart. We fell in sync and everything around me disappeared. All I could watch was you now, as I played along. I saw, two people with one melody.

 

Two different people with different dreams become united as one, playing the same movements across the keys. It was the song that you would know us by, the definition of our existence and the reason that we would always be together. It was love.

© 2010 MelissaMichelle


Author's Note

MelissaMichelle
The Picture along with this story is a part of my photography collection.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 25, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2010