Flame Wars

Flame Wars

A Story by Davidgeo
"

.

"

Usually I don't write stories.  But this is a topic I feel needs to be addressed.  And since I have intimate experience with both sides of the spectrum on this matter I thought I might share my insight from those experience's.


People who incessantly talk s**t about a single individual over a long period of time get a weird, unhealthy satisfaction from it. I'm not talking about a little jab here and there, or a small argument with someone. . . I'm talking about a weeks long campaign specifically dedicated to bringing a single individual down.

 

When a person tries to pull someone down over long periods of time it's usually a sign of cognitive dissonance and extreme insecurity. That person thinks they are pulling the other person down closer to their level and closing an imaginary gap between them, thus making them the "better" person because deep down inside... they feel inferior and lack genuine self esteem.   In reality, there is no gap... it's a thing that person has subconsciously manufactured to make themselves feel more relevant and productive than they actually are without doing any original or imaginative work in reality. Their "achievements" and satisfaction from carrying on with petty hatreds are all in their head, the "purpose" that drives that hatred is all in their head, their entire "reasoning" behind such behavior in general is all in their head.


When was the last time someone objectively better than you at anything focused specifically on you over long periods of time solely for the purpose of "s**t talking", or constantly wrote "hate poems", or incessantly spread lies, stories, tales and exagerations about you? The answer is probably... never. Only weak, insecure, and people who feel guilty about something believe that they need to do this over and over and over again. 


Always remember that internet flame wars are fought with imaginary bullets... they can only hurt you if you let yourself truly believe that any of this s**t is relavent to real life or a productive way to express yourself in any sense of the word.

© 2019 Davidgeo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I left a site precisely for what I see happening here now. I've not been here a year yet and have no understanding of the history that went on before. I don't like vendettas and I don't want to be in a situation where I am being dragged in to stuff I have no understanding of. I have always found you respectful of my views even if you might not agree with them. I am happy to call on your work and intend to continue to do so David.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

KWP

5 Years Ago

the thing is you see, people get caught up on the little things, they get attached, they also misint.. read more
Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

It takes a lot of energy to approach the world as yourself with ease, confidently. The internet mak.. read more
KWP

5 Years Ago

That last sentence made me laugh out loud - what the hell do you mean my poetry is amateur? No way m.. read more



Reviews

I don't write very often nowadays because of work and my life outside social platforms, however, I joined this site specifically for when my brain actually has time to gather up a new poem, this is where I should store my poetry. Seeing all these comments on how some users here can be so disrespectful towards one's work is just purely pathetic. Like it's our own work, if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all or even think about dragging hate for a long period of time. Like damn we just want to relax sometimes and write anything and everything. Thanks David for story, you the man!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

4 Years Ago

If you don't have anything nice to say that's exactly when you should say it. If what you have to s.. read more
Davidgeo

4 Years Ago

.. sorry I meant 'story' instead of 'poem'. I'm too used to writing nothing but poetry.
I have been largely inactive on here since 2013 when this was done to me in a targeted campaign by a group of individuals. It was too emotionally exhausting to continue. I use the site to organize my thoughts and back up my writing. Maybe one day I will interact again, but I realized I am not quite ready yet. The damage was done, and the message was sent loud and clear: stand up for yourself, stand up for others, and we will destroy you and make you a social outcast.

Not that I would ever want to be part of any group that these people were welcome in.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

None of this really matters.

You should come back, get into it again. It's all exact.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Tis blocks all of the sniping and back biting. I know you ain't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy our occasional chats muchly :))

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

Some people take it a little further than the block button was meant to remedy. Some folks like to .. read more
You speak the truth, we become obsessively busy talking negatively about someone else not because we have a problem with them, but because we have a serious problem with our own selves. I agree with you and I thought your piece was an eye-opener. Thanks for sharing.

Never stop writing!
~Aysha.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

I'm glad we see this issue the same way. Thanks for your encouragement.
can of worms ..... opened ..... kudos for that .... I like intelligent folk .....

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

Me too....
David I wanted to weigh in about this mess.
:)

About 9 years ago we had a woman who opened several accounts each with a different persona. That she used to wheel some high drama.

No matter where we go people like that will be waiting to create havoc.
Shining a light on the problem is always the best policy.

As writers let's be transparent and as people sharing a similar passion let's be honest.

I don't know the specifics and don't need to know.

I'd like to think the moderator will stop any outrighted slander.

in the end we can only account for ourselves and our personal conduct. I've been to several writing sites and prefer the cafe.

It is always a risk sharing our work on a website.

But..

I think it's worth it to meet all of you.



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

I think that is a very reasonable way to see things. I'm starting to find that the people who conti.. read more
augustus

5 Years Ago

Become a nudist then you will see other nudists in a more forgiving light! You cannot hide behind so.. read more
They're being trolls and not the cute kind with the colorful hair. No one is better then anyone else even though some would like to think so. Instead of attacking an individual they should look themselves in the mirror and sort out their own insecurities and faults, not pile it up onto someone else. Their problems are not yours.

They need to grow up and get a life. If your being targeted the best thing to do is block that person and get off the internet for a few days.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

The actions of a few people here that drove me to write this are much worse than just trolling. And.. read more
This isn't a story. This is pure truth being spoken. It's quite unfortunate how some people's mentality fits this to a T! At the end of the day, maturity and respect is key. Well done David!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

Thanks for that, I appreciate it.

Some people troll for amusement out of boredom,.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Hello David, I know you'll frown a bit by seeing my review at first since we indeed don't have any good memory between us or perhaps you might not....
I've read your story and gave it a thought....this one does showcase some true facts that I can't deny...You remember we exchanged rude chats for why I'd blocked you (was my frustration undoubtedly) I've seen people showing hatred against you, showing reasons of hating you and accusing that you're a Troll. I always believe that you're vicious (you know it) but not troll.... perhaps, tis just that you don't use the good side of your heart for everyone...I agree with the reviews of Divya, Ana, and Chris so don't wanna repeat that.
I've seen you've reviewed a friend of mine by calling him creep who never knew you ever....I yet couldn't find the reason of that review. That matter made me bit angry at you, twas not valid tho...
Thing is that you've been both sweet and rude to me and I find it difficult to understand you and your expressions well. Maybe cause am yet a buttercup....
You can surely be rough to me now for if anything I've said you don't believe to...
(And, the last para is entirely a truth, I remember one had said to me that)
Have a good day.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

Good, I'm glad we can move past that. It's not worth it for either of us to stay angry at each othe.. read more
¿

5 Years Ago

I will use my own mind to think and eyes to see....Until and after I reach my conclusions :)
Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

You probably don't mean to use the word "until" there. It implies you won't use your own mind to thi.. read more
Well said
I have has bosses like that
Always putting you (Everyone not just me) down
Go for a job interview and he has put his spoke in first - "no one ever leaves my team" he would say

We (a small specialist 3 man team) applied for jobs and didn't ask for time to go for the interview - just took a sicky >
On return I gave him a college in a totally different part of the country

On the internet I just put a block on the offenders > that is after I have sent a very nasty post to them - they are unable to reply

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

Thanks Rose. I think you have the right idea... just block 'em and spend your time on what makes yo.. read more
Wild Rose

5 Years Ago

That is what the kids should be taught to do with online bullies

Had a guy wanting me.. read more
Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

Ha... that's kinda funny. Scam artists of that nature are human versions of a viral infections.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1056 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2019
Last Updated on March 2, 2019

Author

Davidgeo
Davidgeo

Johnsburg, IL



About
she would kill me for this more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Narcopath Narcopath

A Poem by Davidgeo


Annapurna Annapurna

A Poem by Davidgeo