A Letter to You.

A Letter to You.

A Chapter by Hali Abern

My Secret Beloved,
I sit here on this gray, dreary day and my thoughts turn to you. My own ray of light. You are my sunshine and I miss everything about you. Your dimples when you smile, your unruly hair, your soft ivory skin... I could name a thousand things. I miss my heart racing when you suddenly walked into a room I was in. It is a physical ache within my being not to be able to see you. It was selfish, what we did but I regret none of it. Absolutely none. The passion we shared, the long nights together... You reawakened something inside me and I am truly grateful to have loved you...to have been with you. But you are my brothers bride to be and he loves you deeply. I could see it when he looked at you. Hopefully he didn't see his own expression reflected upon my face. I tried to hide it as much as I could but that was a difficult task. What I do regret is how I left... Abrupt, with no word to where I was going. I was quite cruel to you that day I left but you were so upset...I couldn't stand to look you or I would have stayed. How much I wanted to turn around and hold you, wipe away your tears. Kiss you. Tell you everything was going to be alright. I decided though, it is my brother that deserves you. I rather it be me the one in pain than him...so I had to get away. I truly think it is for the best and you will live happily ever after with him.  
I love you.
I love more than anything 
I don't know if I'll even send this letter to you. Maybe it is better for you to think I am the b*****d that left you in tears, letting you think I didn't care. Maybe you'll forget about me faster...

I will Never forget about you. 


© 2012 Hali Abern


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very powerful. Dang! This sounds like a great start to a movie.

Posted 9 Years Ago


"Hopefully he didn't see his own expression reflected upon my face." This line sold me. So honest and you actually feel bad, the sacrifice of true love, to be the bigger person so that you can save someone from being hurt. This is a very realistic scenario and I can relate to it. Also It was shocking as you go reading it you find out its the brothers bride to be. Great job, loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


great job, excellent write

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well....this is original, honest, interesting, and different. Just how i like it....

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012


Author

Hali Abern
Hali Abern

Port Orchard, WA



About
I love to write. I've been working on a few books for what seems like forever but have never finished them. Maybe someday... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


rain rain

A Poem by K.


PLEASE PLEASE

A Story by FlatLineBeauty