Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lizardo
"

Night visions begins...

"
Gareth open his eyes, for some reason he was standing in a field of grass.
He rubbed his eyes to see better, and what he saw seemed from another world. The place looked like a park, with fields of grass extending over miles and miles and park benches placed all over the place, with black and white trees and a dark cloudy sky. 

"What is this place?" Gareth thought to himself.
As if that wasn't enough, Gareth started to hear people crying, from old people to babys all over the place. 
"Child, what are you doing here?" a sudden voice asked. 
To his surprise, he was standing in front of a woman that was sitting in one of the park's benches. She was wearing a white dress, but what surprise and made Gareth fear where the scars that the woman had all over her face and hands. 

"You don't seem like you lost something or that you're dead" Said the woman in a indifferent tone. 
"Is this where the dead people come?" Asked Gareth, fearing what the woman might do or say next. 
"No child, this is not heaven or hell, this is a dream" The women said locking eyes with Gareth. 
"People like me, come to this place every night to cry for our dead families or the things we lost or even our lives" The woman said in sad tone.
Gareth felt really cold for a second and started to hear again the people's cries resound all over the place.
"And if that is like that, what did you loose?" Gareth asked, now feeling more comfortable talking to the woman.

"An Interesting boy you are child, you don't seem quite scared of this place" the woman said with admiration. 
"Oh I feel really scared, just talking to you makes me feel comfortable" answered Gareth.
"Very well child, then I'll tell what happened to me" The woman said
"You might want to sit down if you want" The woman said pointing at the spot of the bench next to her.
Gareth took a sit and the woman started to tell her story.

"You see, it was a long time ago, I had a husband and two beautiful children" 
"although now I can't quite remember their names, this place makes me forget..."
"We were all going to a party late a night, but a disaster hit us" 
"we hit a bus on our way and the car flip and skied all over the highway"
"My vision went black, after what I guess were minutes passing by, I felt a hand touching my neck" "It was a police officer who helped me up, when I saw better, I saw that there were people all around the place with cameras, news reporters where their too asking me questions, for me it all just felt like a movie where time would stop and didn't pay attention to what they were saying"
"I quickly remembered about my family, and let go of the police officer holding my arm, I quickly made my way to the crashed car and then I.... I saw my boy's faces full of blood with pieces of glass shattered all over the place" "I couldn't believe it, I felt a sadness that I can't even describe..." "But after that, I fell down and since then, I haven't woke up yet" The woman finished

Gareth, couldn't believe what he just heard, how could their be so much sadness and sorrow in the world? how could all of this be possible?
The woman then added: "Those are the twists of life" The woman lock eyes with Gareth
"One day you're up, the next day you're down" And the Woman disappear in a black smoke leaving empty the bench.

Gareth just sited their in shock from what he just heard. The wind flew all over his body, a cold breeze hitting him in his chest. 
He decided to get up and keep walking until he woke up from this mess up dream. 
Gareth walked through the park, every time he heard a thunder or a person's cries in the park until he trip over something and fell down.

"I'm sorry young man" Said a childish voice. 
Gareth looked at the talking voice just to see a little boy wearing a black coat sitting just beside him.
"It seems you're not from here aren't you?" The boy said again.
"No, I think I'm lost in this dream" Gareth answered to the boy.
"We're all lost in our dreams young man, but it seems you were brought here" The boy said again, this time looking at the field of grass the stood in front of them.
"Why are you here?" Gareth asked "You looked like a boy of my age" 
"You seem like a nice boy with manners, that's good, every time I sit down and watch the new generation of teenagers run around getting drunk or doing stupid stuff just breaks my heart" the boy said looking down at the grass.

"Very well the, I should tell why I'm here" 
"I was with my family in one of the concentration camps in the Holocaust, ever heard of that?" The boy asked
"No, I haven't" Gareth answered
"I'll just keep going, it's a part of history where they killed a lot of people" the boy said
"I was with my sister the day that I watched with terror how my parents where getting killed by a Nazi Soldier"
"I still remember the sound of the bullet coming out from the gun" "My father with his last breath, told us to get our of there" "Me and my sister quickly ran out from the place, when I looked back, I saw a german soldier yelling at us in german, then he put the gun in my fathers head and shot."

"Tears fell down from my eyes, but I had to keep going" "An alarm went on, I heard the dogs barking from a distance and the steps of soldiers coming towards" "We tried to run as fast as we could but they were too fast" "They shot my sister in the head from the distance and she fell down" "I quickly stopped, and tried to carry her in my arms, mud all over my face and clothes, then one of the german soldiers tackle me from behind and grabbed both of my arms" "Another german soldier came and put the gun in my face" 
"Stupid piece of trash" "I heard the bullet and my vision became black"

Gareth, didn't know how to process what he just heard, why and how could their be such acts of catastrophe in the world? This was too much for the little boy's mind but yet he tried to keep himself calm, like his father said once to him: "You need to help the people who are in need" "And always try to be calm in a bad situation"
"Why is there so much bad stuff in the world?" Gareth asked looking at the boy.
The boy looked at him and then looked at the field of grass again. 

" These are the flaws and mistakes the make our history change, from the beginning of our race, mistakes has helped us move forward, because we learn from then and not fall in the same trap again. But these people do this because they wanted a ''better'' world but a world as how they saw it from their perspective, not from what our race could see. The idea to change the world became quickly an Idea to rule over the world, you see, Evil is always one step ahead of us, thats why me must be careful where we walk and what path we choose to make" 

The boy disappear in a cloud of white smoke.
Gareth open his eyes, the sun light beaming all over his face.
 


© 2015 Lizardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why are you so good at stories while I'm not?!?!?!? I'm a bit jealous over here!! xD
This was absolutely amazing!! It's already so mysterious/adventurous! I can't wait to read more :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lizardo

9 Years Ago

I'm not a good at telling stories, what are you talking about? xD
Thank you so much! I will a.. read more
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

Hahaha xD
You're welcome!
I'm looking forward to reading :)
Hello there lad, I am impressed by your storytelling skills. Good job on the details, you've been consistent in building the imagery of your story line. However, I suggest you do a little proofreading when you're done with your book. There are minor noticeable grammar errors, correcting them will surely raise your writing to a higher level. Overall, you did great! I enjoyed chapter 2 and I can't wait for the next one. Best of luck!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lizardo

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Lavender, I will write chapter 3 shortly :)
Lavender Soya

9 Years Ago

Can't wait. :-)
wow " we are all going to be lost in our dreams" awesome line. It really touched my heart :)
wonderful job

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lizardo

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Daisy, Glad you liked it :) By the way sorry if I haven't gotten to your poem yet,.. read more
Daisy

9 Years Ago

:) it's fine....................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2015
Last Updated on February 22, 2015
Tags: Life, Teen, Child, Dream


Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alone Alone

A Poem by Not here


The Mirror The Mirror

A Poem by Emily