The Search...

The Search...

A Chapter by Lord of mad men

 I went home and felt like I had failed. As I laid in bed I began to think where else could I find information about the iron door. Then I remembered a book I had read in the vault a few prior years about how some things from the town were sent to a museum in the city.  Which included a book of all the original families to live in the town when it was founded. I asked my father if I was able to go into the city he said I could If he came with me. Two days later we went and I read the documents over and over and there was no mention of R.L.M or any families with that combination in their names. 


But there was mention of a D.Marks and E.Marks they had one child but the name was never mentioned. I managed to find where the Marks lived. The house by the bay and was abandoned for many, many years. It was just a ruin now of a very old Victorian style home that was very large.  You could say it was a shell of its former self. I searched the house and found that the study was almost fully intact. There was a large faded painting of a young handsome man dressed in very expensive clothes. He was holding a pocket watch with R.L.M on it. I searched the study and found a floor safe.

 I returned a few days later with a hammer. I used it to break the lock of the safe and managed to open it. It was filled with papers and other valuables but at the bottom was a large oddly shaped key that was shaped like a wolve's head.  With a wooden slip tied to it that said D.wolfe. I gathered all the contents of the safe and put them all in my satchel.


 As I was walking out I saw a huge oil painting of a handsome man and beautiful woman standing behind a young man with dark cold eyes. Under it read Daniel Marks and Elizabeth Marks with their only surviving son Romulus Marks.   It was near dark when I started to head home. I right over the hill that looks over the town when I froze in place. There no more than ten feet in front of me was a lean grey wolf with bright yellow eyes. It looked at me and stood there looking at me before departing. 


© 2018 Lord of mad men


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018


Author

Lord of mad men
Lord of mad men

The void., PA



About
I am broken I am scarred I am twisted I am burned I am corrupted I am warped I am distorted I am me After all this time? Always...... I was born the first day of the tenth month of the ye.. more..

Writing
IDK 2 IDK 2

A Story by Lord of mad men


Idk Idk

A Story by Lord of mad men