-Soul Lost-

-Soul Lost-

A Poem by Maximus. R.
"

Me Philosophy.

"

 

By the wrath of the ancient gods how I despise my gullibility, after vainly seeking the immaculate knowledge of which I'd hoped would set me free.

All I am  left with are painful memories of the man I once was and a vile premonition of the man I am to be. Bloody hell, how could I'd allowed my curiosity to overwhelm my dignity I whom once was the pillar of logic.

© 2009 Maximus. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You know, I've read a few of your pieces so far and I have to say, I don't particularly like them. Undoubtedly you have some very specific thoughts you wish to express, and while none of your words are particularly difficult to understand, when your "poems" are one or two sentences filled with multisyllabic words, regardless of what it is you're trying to say, it just reads pompous. You may laugh, but I can't imagine someone reading some of your pieces out loud without doing it in an uppity English accent. Also, you may want to check some of your grammar and spelling and syntax, as I've noticed several errors. You also have some punctuation errors. "Overwhelmed" should be overwhelm. "Hope" should be "hoped". Your first comma should be removed or the sentence restructured. There should be a comma after "Bloody hell" or you need to restructure the sentence.

Anyway, cheers.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the power and honesty of this. You've opened your soul and spat out pure self. Takes guts and talent to do that so concisely. You can learn all the rules in the world and lack heart making your poetry a stinking lifeless thing in a box. I don't think spelling, grammar or structure are the point of poetry at all. You've definitely shone a bright light here. Most writers would kill to be able to write so much, so powerfully in such a short piece! Me for one! Great job. Keep howling at the moon with all that strength of self, Maximus!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's almost like this old story, "Wings Of Desire" Where the angel bear with all kind of curiosities and became a mortal, then experience the new breed of pain... pretty much like "City Of Angels" with Nick Cage in it...

Other than that, it's still an interesting concept on how the immortal would think twice before becoming human once again... so, it's pretty good tho...


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love is far from logical. I have to admit, I adore your writing style. It's beautiful and perfect like it has always existed somewhere. Your flow is flawless and I admire that. It speaks wisdom on many levels and I'm grateful I stumble across your profile!
Thanx for writing
♥Destiny♥

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dignity seems overrated.
nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good idea, but I believe that it will require a bit of polishing to rise to its full potential.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is not about grammer or spelling. It is about expressing thoughts and feelings. I don't know why but I find this poem express me as well. Thanks Maximus for sharing and ... yes Lost Soul.
I am a different person now than the one I used to be because: Bloody hell, how could I'd allowed my curiosity to overwhelm my dignity I whom once was the pillar of logic.
Thanks! :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like that your poetry all ties in together. You have a unique and very emotional writing style.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem shows the downfall of man.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like it, it shows a lot of powerful and "deep inside" emotions

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is interesting. It seems nearly an introduction to more. I think you meant "How could I have" instead of "how could I'd" A typo easily corrected.

There is much emotion wthing your words, the fight between aspirations and what is. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. This one makes me think. ~Pamela

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

754 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2009

Author

Maximus. R.
Maximus. R.

Zambia



Writing
LILITH - Script I LILITH - Script I

A Screenplay by Maximus. R.


LILITh LILITh

A Chapter by Maximus. R.


PROLOGUE PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Maximus. R.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..