Escape!

Escape!

A Story by Valkyrie Warrior
"

Where can you run if there's nowhere to run to. Short story.

"

I lay there and listened to Zavier breathe. His breath rattling off his chest like shutters in the wind.

 I tried to sleep but I couldn't, I kept expecting to see the search lights sweeping the grounds, the mechanic voice calling for us to stand up with our hands behind our heads. I knew Zavier needed help but where could I go, all the hospitals were under Diable control and it was to risky to take him a too a Sorcier. I rolled over trying to get comfortable and then I saw them, maybe three, headed up the hill towards us.

 My heart quickened to an exploding point as I ducked my head leaning over Zavier. "Zavier" I hissed, desperate to wake him up "Zavier, there here, Diables". At the word Diable, Zavier was awake and ready, rolling on to his stomach to survey the situation. "Should we run?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper. I could see there was no way we were going to get out of this. Now that I looked I could see that there were more of them, all along the hillside, surrounding us.

I looked over at Zavier, he was fourteen, to young to go like this. "Dea! I said should we run?" Zavier hissed. 

I knew only one of us was going to make it out of this, so I made the decision.

 "Yes you run, run as fast as you can that way" I whispered, pointing "Really?" asked Zavier. "Yes" I say, wiping tears out of my eyes "Goodbye, Zavier" I said. I saw him rise and run, heard the shout and I saw him go down.

I knew they wouldn't find me now.

I'm sorry.     

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10th place

Jan 18, 2015

  • Stories!!!

 

 

Perfect!

Jan 9, 2015

 

 

 

  1st place!!!

Apr 23, 2015


 

 

Honorable Mention

Jul 26, 2015


 

 

 

4th prize

Sep 1, 2015


 

 

 

© 2015 Valkyrie Warrior


Author's Note

Valkyrie Warrior
Please ignore grammar problems. Find a list of French words used in the story below.
Diable/Diables = Devil/Devils.
Socier = Witch doctor

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I know you don't want to hear about grammar, but consider at least making paragraphs. It helps the reader not get lost.

The tension builds well and I did not see that emotionally wrought ending coming. Well done.

Congratulations. You have bested me in "Short Short Stories, None longer than about 400 words". How cool would it be if it became common courtesy to review those who placed higher than you in a contest? No one placed higher than you in this contest, but consider paying it forward in the future.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Wow thank you! I will!



Reviews

A very enjoyable read with an unexpected twist as that selfish character trait known as instinct for self preservation took control in the last lines ... Nice little story ... Very well done ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review1
Great read! Maybe add more description to your stories.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Like all of them?! Ok, but thanks anyway :)
I've always liked a story with a twist. never saw that coming. sadistic but good :)
an intriguing piece that could develop into something longer.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Thank you Woody!
Wow. Didn't see it coming. Cool story ;)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!
Thank you for submitting this to my contest! A story which indeed made me curious as to what happened next. I know that it is a limited word contest and that kind of stymies the creative process somewhat, However I thought it was good!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you for revewing!
Nice twist at the end. You said everything you needed to in less than 400 words to make this a good story. I enjoyed it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
I know you don't want to hear about grammar, but consider at least making paragraphs. It helps the reader not get lost.

The tension builds well and I did not see that emotionally wrought ending coming. Well done.

Congratulations. You have bested me in "Short Short Stories, None longer than about 400 words". How cool would it be if it became common courtesy to review those who placed higher than you in a contest? No one placed higher than you in this contest, but consider paying it forward in the future.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Wow thank you! I will!
Holy sweet baby….. That was chilling. It gave me goose bumps. That is an excellent piece of writing and you have great talent.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you. You are to kind.
Obscured by the Shadows

9 Years Ago

One can never be too kind
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Well i guess that's true :)
This story has quite a lot of potential to it. I feel like it could use more development and background. I want to know how things came to this point. What happened to Zavier? Who are these devils and why are the hospitals under their control?

You've built a tense, suspenseful atmosphere; now this can use a bit of further growth and development to make it the best it can be

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Ok I will start at the start :)
A splendid short story. You are writing so good...:)......................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much it means a lot to me :)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).....................

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

841 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on September 1, 2015
Tags: running away, betrayal, shocking

Author

Valkyrie Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior

Vallhallah , My mind



About
Hello again I have decided to return to this community for real this time. Sorry to all those who sent me read requests, I am getting on to those as you read this :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5