Turning coal into diamonds

Turning coal into diamonds

A Story by Valkyrie Warrior
"

This is what people try to do

"

Pressure. Competition. Perfection. That is the steps for making a perfect person. The pressure is the first thing it is always "Look good" and "Act right". Then there's competition the '"Be faster-happier-stronger-prettier-nicer-calmer-smatter-better" aspect of perfection. After you have followed all these steps then congratulations you have made a diamond out of coal. But sometimes the coal just cracks and burns. But that's you risk to take.

I will never be a diamond, I will never be faster-happier-stronger-prettier-nicer-calmer-smatter-better, then everyone else.

The pressure is just to much.

So I am sorry if you looking for a diamond for I will never be one.

Thank you.

Goodnight.

 

© 2014 Valkyrie Warrior


Author's Note

Valkyrie Warrior
This is life.
For a contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

very much true.

it is strange how people always strive for more, more, more, but they don't realize that it is a competition that no one wins. it is risky and either way, once you're a diamond, that doesn't mean you won't get scratched by other diamonds. you can still get pushed down, and you won't necessarily shine.

another lovely piece of yours :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your kind review :)
hannah

9 Years Ago

you're welcome c:
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

:D..........................



Reviews

*commences the slow clap* Bravo, you're absolutely right, being "perfect" is way too much pressure. I know I never will be and I don't see what's so important about being things like the fastest, strongest, or richest.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review!
Striving, that is life, striving to be all you can, but not many people make it. The biggest mistake of humans is not when we set our goals high and miss them, but when we set them too low and reach them. Just know that as long as you believe, you can do a lot. Don't put yourself down, you may very well be a diamond to those who love and care for you. Someone may look at you one day in shock and say, "Wow, that's the prettiest diamond I have EVER seen." Then they will quickly catch you up and love you with all their hearts. Don't believe anything is impossible because the words themselves say "I'm possible."

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend
Obscured by the Shadows

9 Years Ago

My pleasure madame moiselle.
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

:D!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the diamond is in your heart. I completely relate to this story as I feel many others do as well. Sometimes those we feel are like diamonds have hearts of coal...or feel like coal themselves. I really love they way you wrote this concept out ... But never feel less than ...you are more precious than the biggest diamond out there. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Wow thank you so much for your lovely review!
very much true.

it is strange how people always strive for more, more, more, but they don't realize that it is a competition that no one wins. it is risky and either way, once you're a diamond, that doesn't mean you won't get scratched by other diamonds. you can still get pushed down, and you won't necessarily shine.

another lovely piece of yours :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your kind review :)
hannah

9 Years Ago

you're welcome c:
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

:D..........................
Why is that? Why do people fall in love with soemone or befriend someone because of who they are - then they proceed to try to change them. A fine observation.
I have a question - How do we know diamonds are not just scruffy stones that 'become' diamonds as we know them, only when they are looked at?
Good writing Lorna

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
You have summed it up marvelously. Thank you for sharing...:).....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).....
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

:D..........................
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

:)..................
That is life indeed. Most of us never make it to diamond status; we have to settle for being coal.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Yes indeed Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2014
Last Updated on December 15, 2014

Author

Valkyrie Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior

Vallhallah , My mind



About
Hello again I have decided to return to this community for real this time. Sorry to all those who sent me read requests, I am getting on to those as you read this :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..