Meet Chris

Meet Chris

A Chapter by Kain Delo

"Alright, we all know how irresponsible you students are." I smiled. This Miss Ribe seems like a pretty cool woman.


 Get yourself together, Chris. Open the damn door.


"Which is why I would like you all to-" It's now or never. My fingers grasped the door and turned the knob.


"Who's this?" Miss Ribe chirped again as all eyes turned on me.


"I'm uhh... I'm errr... I'm... Chris Ramirez. The uhh... new student from A-As-Asia." I drawled out. Dude, you could seriously have done better than that.


"Ahh yes, alright then. Drag your a*s to an empty chair at the back so I can continue my class." Woohoo for pricky teachers. Wow. Not that many chairs.


I made my way over to the chair beside this loner dude and sat down.


"Wait, if you're from Asia, why don't you look Chinese or something?" Said this guy from the first row as he looked at me. Hot dang. He's got some nice eyebrows. Oh god. That's sexy as hell.


"Well, I'm from the uhh, Philippines. Which is in South East Asia. I err, not everyone who lives in Asia have squinty eyes b-but, I d-did study Chinese for about two years while I was there." I flushed out. Why the fudge are his eyebrows for fudging enticing?


"As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted, I would like you all to pair up, that includes you, Markus," Miss Ribe pointed to the boy beside me. Wow, cool name. "now that our class is an even number, and collect a baby from the box at the back to take care of."


Ahh yes. The old taking care of the baby project. How better could this day get? My first day in a non-Asian school and I'm finally getting to do one of the things I've only dreamed about.


"Since none of you are doing anything, I might as well group you myself." And with a click of her pen, Miss Ribe started pairing us up.


"Simmons and Paulson." Groans ensued. I wondered why...


"Why do you teachers keep pairing the both of them up? It's unfair. You pair up the smartest girl with the hottest guy like they're canon like, all the time. It's annoying." Whined a girl that looks a lot like a clown with her stupid makeup.


Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did she just say ‘hottest guy’? Seriously? Damn. He is hot.


Laughter filled the classroom. Did I say that out loud? Way to go, idiot.


I look at Markus beside me and even he was laughing beneath his hoodie.


"Alright then," giggled Miss Ribe. "To appease all of you, I'm pairing up Ramirez and Paulson."


Aaaaaand cue the groans. Damnit.


"Shut your yapping. Ramirez, Paulson get your doll."


I scurried to the other side of the room where the box and my partner was.


"Hey. So, for the record, I'm not interested in you, umm, Paulson." I said. Way to break the ice.


"Ok? Hi I'm Jason Paulson. Resident hottie and Minecrafter." He extended his hand and I shook it.


"Wait. You play Minecraft? My god. This day has gone from good to weird to great."


"I'm guessing you're a player of said game too?" He chuckled. Wow dude. Those are some seriously great chords.


"Definitely. I used to play it with my friend a lot before I moved here." And then it hit me. I missed my buddies back in the old country.


My feels. They hurt so bad.


"Hey, cool. So what other games do you play?" Jason asked.


"Well, I'm not the one for COD, that's for sure. I prefer games like Skyrim and Diablo and and Starcraft. Yeah, Starcraft." Staaaaaaaaaarrrcraaaaaaaaft. It's been a long time since I played. Well I guess I'll be busy after class.


"I have no idea what Starcraft is, in all honesty. But I do know Skyrim and a little bit of Diablo. Which installment are you familiar with? I'm staying true to the second one."


"I have to say, I'm quite a fan of the second installment myself."


"Well Chris, looks like you've met your first friend here at Greene Academy. The strictest school in the universe.


"I doubt that. My old school was way stricter. Our skirts were longer and you have to be like, the hall monitor during break times and stuff once a week."


"That's rough." He doesn't even know the half of it.


As I was reminiscing my life in old country, flashes of my old friends, my old house...


"So, which one of these are we gonna pick?" He asked, snapping me out of my previously said reverie.


"Hey, this one looks cool." He added, picking up a, baby alive. What the hell.


"Yeah, it looks like the one I bought four years ago..."


"For a relative?" Jason asked.


"Nah. I bought one for myself. Don't give me that look. It was cool at the time and it did earn me popularity points." I snapped back teasingly.


"Okay then, you're pretty weird. So yeah, we'll be taking this baby alive. I'll hold on to her for now, you go ahead and continue your great first day." And with that, I was staring at his back as he went back to his seat with jocks.

Typical. Duh! Chris, how could you not realize that guys as hot as that sit with the jocks? And you call yourself observant.


So as I returned to my seat, my phone started to vibrate.


It was a message from my aunt. Geez. Way to motivate not texting in class.


"Your -ehem- friend sent you a message on Facebook, I'll send it as soon as you reply to this text. I'm not even going to bother asking why... You just... owe me. A lot. -_-"


What friend? Oh holey s**t. Oh right. I forgot all about Gabrielle and it only took me thirty minutes to do so. What kind of best friend am I? Seriously.


I unlocked my phone and replied to my aunts message. Four seconds later, my phone vibrated again.


"Hey there, stupid. I was just thinking about you. ;) So, I was thinking, maybe the next time you come by my house, maybe just maybe you... could... FUDGING REMEMBER TO BRING PIZZA, ALRIGHT? Ya hear me from all the way over there? Yes, that's right. Don't ever bother talking to me without a pizza box on hand. AND IT BETTER BE GREENWHICH.


Oh and Xlawsteu is doing great, in case you're wondering. Why did you even name your dog Xlawsteu anyway? Nobody is ever going to take him seriously. And one more thing, I got a message from HIM! He finally replied to me. And guess what? He's willing to meet up! He so seriously believes it's me he's going to meet and not you. So, he said the park, tomorrow at six am. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, B***H!?

It fudging means you two are finally going to be together. So don't blow it, okay? And don't say anything that may remotely creep him out. P.S., he goes to your school. ;) XOXO"


My heart, oh god. Calm the fudge down, drummer boy. I'm only meeting a guy who's been ignoring my entire existence since he moved. Oh god. Oh God. S**t. Now that psyched me out. Whoa there, princess, get your brain back to class.


As I looked back up at the board, I see Jason looking at me and I avert his gaze by looking at the pretty landscape outside the window when I see, "Markus" staring at me intensely with his brown eyes that I had just noticed. Oh wow. Another fail.


I turned my head towards Markus and look at him, as if asking why he was looking at me.


He looked towards Miss Ribe and threw me a piece of paper, which landed on my desk. On the top was my name, 


"Christy-Anne Q. Ramirez." How the heifer does this guy know my name, my full fudging name!?


I unfolded the paper and started to read.


"Do not be alarmed. My sister is your aunt’s co-worker. She, your aunt, called this morning, asking for me to show you around. She mailed my sister your schedule. We have the first four classes together, including study hall and two classes in the afternoon. Meaning I'll be with you most of the day. Which also means that it would probably mean social suicide on the first day. If you don't want to be stuck with a guy like me for a guide then, it's alright. I'm used to being alone. You can go ask someone else. I'm pretty sure you'll fit in. Well, that's all I have to say."


I looked at the guy beside me. Is he for real? I may want to hang out with popular people but that doesn't mean I'd ever pass up the opportunity to learn the ropes from a lurker. Heh. That's funny. Markus is a torivor from the Beyond. That's cool, I guess.


I took my pen from my back and started to write at the back of the paper.


"Dude. Chill. As much as I would like to hang out with bimbo's and jocks, I would gladly get to know the school more. So, I guess that means we'll have to socialize a lot. I hope you don't mind my huge a*s mouth and pitchy voice since I tend to blab a lot. And I also would like to apologize in advance if I ever creep you out with my weirdness and stuff. See you after class. :3"


And with that, I flung him back the letter.



© 2014 Kain Delo


Author's Note

Kain Delo
It gets better, I promise!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 19, 2014


Author

Kain Delo
Kain Delo

Philippines



About
Hey there! I'm Kain. An eighteen year-old Political Science student that's been writing for roughly six years now. There isn't much that you need to know about me to enjoy my stories. I'm just a ra.. more..

Writing
Coffee Mug Coffee Mug

A Story by Kain Delo