A Timeless Message...

A Timeless Message...

A Chapter by LuminousLuciano
"

Each new site such as this one, each new profile is an occasion to be born anew, verily; hence, I present to you an excerpt shared before; of a foreword penned close to three years ago, already.

"

Foreword

They said that all roads led to Rome... Likewise, and far closer to the truth it is to state that, on a spiritual quest, many undertakings as many approaches can be chosen on the journey that is Life to attain fulfillment and a blissful state of awareness. Awareness of oneself as of others - awareness of God and of that tiny glimpse of the cosmos that we can possibly glare at. Awareness of what truly matters. To be able to feel connected to something bigger than oneself can really give one a sense of perspective and peace when it is both best for one's overall stability as basically needed. Whether it's through art, spirituality, community service, communing with nature or some combination of all of those; one should always take some time to nourish one's spirit, one's soul, for that is when one is honoring what one truly is, in said blessed process. Thus, taking some time to develop that all-important aspect of one's inner self will make each and every one of us better beings able to appreciate everything that surrounds us.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is begotten of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." -- I John 4:7-8

Yes, there are many pathways to achieve enlightenment, assuredly - many roads that can lead to the Light indeed... Ultimately, they all lead to the same destination - and, thus, there is only One True Light, One Source, One Way. Hindus have a saying: "Ekam Sataha Vipraha Bahudha Vadanti," which may be translated as "the truth is One, but different Sages call it by Different Names." Hinduism, however, does as all other non-Christian religions do - and that is accept various ideas of "God" while not being able to define a true saving relationship with the God of heaven and creator of us all. Notwithstanding this, they do agree and corroborate in principle that there is only one Truth: it is only perceived differently by each pair of human eyes that seeketh it. Not only each creed, religion and such - but all the way down to each individual perception, verily, the truth can take many shapes and forms while still remaining one and the same. Those that seeketh enlightenment, no matter what their cultural background may be, are all, in effect, brothers and sisters seeking the exact same thing. This tome is about the various pilgrimages undertaken by various such individuals, as diverse and varied in their culture and religious backgrounds as could be found anywhere in the greater Christian world for the most part - though not exclusively. (1)

And each and every single one of them has found a pathway to self-fulfillment, to joy and bliss on Earth... and to that all-important nearness to their Creator.

 

(...)



© 2014 LuminousLuciano


Author's Note

LuminousLuciano
This was a joint project indeed - seven authors involved. Originally, it was going to be three times as many! I served as editor, coordinator and scribe, of course. I hope this does whet an editor's appetite...! Even though this is but an excerpt...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Luciano,

This is very well thought out and well written. Great job my friend. As always you used your large words and made them flow together so nicely. You are the word master!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 30, 2009
Last Updated on May 24, 2014
Previous Versions


Author

LuminousLuciano
LuminousLuciano

Canada



About
Born in the Age of Aquarius, destined to seek out truths in many an art form, trained as a historian and a journalist but truly a prose-lover... Luciano is out to dispel any clichs and reinvent them a.. more..

Writing