Deadly Consequences

Deadly Consequences

A Story by Mary
"

a girl gets transported to the future...

"

Deadly Consequences

 

My brother had introduced me to a man, he needed a lab assistant. I was fresh out of high school and loved everything that had to do with science and I was glad to accept the job. I needed the money and I thought he meant drug trials or something like that, but I soon found out that this man had an obsession of a different quality.

 

After about a month of working with him he started to really tell me what he was doing. I was shocked to find out that this man was building a time machine. I of course knew that his plans were insane and such a feat couldn’t be achieved.

 

One day he asked me if I would use his time machine to go into the future, I accepted not taking him the least bit serious. I went in this mysterious small blue chamber and stood there not prepared for anything to happen. He told me that he had no way of getting me home, but he suspected that they will have time machines so I need not worry. The only true thing I was worried about was the chamber exploding but I thought of the money he would pay me for this and that quieted my worry.

 

               ***

 

I heard a hectic beep, beep, beep echoing around me and then silence. A wave of vertigo swept over me and I felt as if I had just spent a year in an elevator. The blue door popped open and my body fell out of the chamber. I hit concrete and my skin split open on contact. I winced as I saw the raw flesh of my palms and knees. “Where am I?” I thought looking at the massive city before me.

 

All the buildings were so tall that you couldn’t see the tops though the clouds and everything had a metallic sheen to it. I stumbled though the streets, my appearance becoming a worry. I noticed that everyone was wearing some sort of black jumpsuit and wherever I looked the scenery was void of color. My hot pink jacket seemed to almost glow in this dim surrounding and people where taking notice of me.

 

One girl stopped just to look at me, her face when from shock to horror to some sort of strange happiness as she examined me. She then grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd to one of the tall buildings.  When we came to the door she pulled out a card from her jumpsuit and inserted it into a slot in the door.

 

“Identification confirmed, Miss Xerra.” a robotic voice said as the door slid open. She led me into in what could only be an elevator and press a button. The whole time she took no notice of my questions or protests. “I hope this strange girl will help me.” I thought. In a second the silver doors slid open to reveal an apartment just as bland and marvelous as the rest of the city.

 

“You don’t belong here.” She stated in a surprising monotone voice.

 

“I know…am I in the future?” I murmured.

 

“The year is 2210 and you need to go back to your own time.” She said boring her cold eyes into mine.

 

“I can’t, I didn’t think the machine would work…so I am stuck here!” I cried with tears in my eyes.

 

“My mother will turn you into the Sanction, but I only saved you because I want your jacket.” The girl said starring at the jacket.

 

“My jacket? Well why do you want it?” I said taking a step back.

 

“Because it is the first object of color that I have ever seen and I must have it!” She said with a small smile.

 

      “Okay, okay but first you must help me get home!”

 

      “I can’t you are stuck here, that kind of technology is banned. But if you want I can hide you for awhile...I want to learn more about the past…and you can’t tell me when you’re dead.”

 

      “DEAD?”

 

      “They will kill you, you threaten the balance. But you can hide in my room…until you die of thirst or starvation.”

 

      “What…NO…I shouldn’t have listened to that crazy scientist!”

 

      “Oh well…so can I have your shoes too?”

     

      “NO!”

 

      “Okay, I’ll let my mom know we have a guest…you don’t seem fun anymore. I’ll take your clothes now…so they won’t get destroyed when you burn.”

 

      “Wait! Stop! NO! Don’t touch me!” I screamed.

     

© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
I wrote this during a writing competition at my school, i edited it and expanded a little but it is basicaly the same...i only had 30 min. to write the draft. The comp was called writing rocks and it was held at my school, i placed 2nd.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow..though it's short but it's amusing at the end. Given this is a contest, it is already quite well done. Hmm..I am just guessing if you will edit it to make it longer and more details. Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I was seriously panicked by the end of this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is one of the best storys that i've read in a long time. I was so very interested in this story that you have writen. Great job with the expresssions in thiis story. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like, Defiantly well worth a 2nd place. I love dystopian future stories, they are thought provoking

Posted 13 Years Ago


ah, this is the piece that placed 2nd. wow, the future sucks.. no colors. the ideas are wonderful though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, creepy! I really liked it! To me, you should have came in 1st, but 2nd is good. This story looks like it's worthy of being placed in a contest! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Impressive! I was expecting some sort of happy ending, that was not at all happy! All the girl cared about where her clothes, I guess nothing changes, huh?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yea mary great story creepy chick from the future!!! hope you write more. and congratz on 2nd place!!!!! I want to see your trophy!! (or does it look the same as mine)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2010
Last Updated on May 8, 2010

Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Color Color

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary