Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mary

   

Chapter 2

 

“Can you move?” asked Chloe. Hoping that they could get out of this room and find a way to escape.

 

 

        “I think I can,” Arnina muttered. “But will you help me get up?” Holding out her pale hand bracing herself for movement.

 

“Sure!” replied Chloe carefully pulling Arnina up. Chloe was worried about Arnina but she was also worried about their captor coming back. She kept glancing around the small room, looking for any sign of movement.

 

“So, do you think that door is locked?” Arnina wondered while pointing to the only exit in the room. All the while thinking about how to break it down, noticing the lack of furniture in the room.

 

“Well,” Chloe said while grabbing the doorknob. “…It’s locked.” Then they just stood there staring at each other, not sure of what to do next. Then they tried to break the door down. After about five minutes they realized that that door was never coming down.

 

“That stupid door must be the newest thing in this place!” shouted Arnina giving in to her anger.

 

“I know, whoever took us bought a new door just to keep us in here, Chloe mused. “It looks expensive, who would go through all that trouble?”

 

“I just don’t know.” Arnina said with a sigh.

 

Their questions rang off the walls, but there was no one to answer them. Soon they gave up their attempt to escape and sat again on the floor.

 

They talked about their everyday lives to trying to grasp a thread of normalcy. Arnina talked about Ollie, and how he wanted to be a doctor. She really respected him and thought that he could be a great doctor. While Chloe talked about how one day she would be a star. She was dead set in becoming a famous singer, she said it was the only thing she was good at.

 

After a while they fell asleep. But it was not a peaceful sleep, they both had unusual dreams. Chloe dreamed that it was her in the freezer, being surrounded by ice. But to her the ice was comforting it did not freeze her, but still the dream had an effect that chilled her.

 

Arnina had similar dreams but in her dreams it was fire that surrounded her. To Arnina fire was a great substitute to ice. She knew that as long as she lived ice would always make her remember her time in that freezer. And no amount of time or therapy could heal the wounds that had been created.

 

At 3:00 a.m. they awoke simultaneously to the noise of footsteps. Chloe started to whimper, while Arnina looked for a weapon. She was not going to let this guy get the drop on her again. She remembered the knife she used to cut the rope and prepared herself to use it. But her hand started to shake and she knew she couldn’t use a small knife against a giant man. By the time the door started to open she had joined Chloe on the floor.

 

 

They sat there frozen in fear and watched the door slowly open. A dark large figure emerged from it. In the darkness they couldn’t make out any features but an inhuman, stench caught their noses. This made Chloe cry harder. The noise alerted the man to their presence. He began cursing, when he saw that Arnina was no longer in the freezer and that rope no longer held their wrists.

 

He briskly made his way toward them, with a look of fury in his now visible black eyes. The girls screamed when they saw his face, taking in his disfigured features. They began pleading for their lives, knowing that this beast meant them harm.

 

But he only tied them up again, doing their legs as well this time. All the while making strange remarks like “I will make so much off of you!” and “How lucky I am finding two!” This confused the girls, who now wondered if they were going to be sold somewhere. They didn’t put up much of a fight, but Arnina did manage to put the small knife she had found earlier in her boot.

 

When he was done he dragged both of them out to a black van with tinted windows. It was parked in the loading dock, of the now confirmed abandoned warehouse. He threw them both in the back, and drove off. The girls were in shock and could only process one thing: fear.

 

       



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are a outstanding storyteller. The chapter is powerful. I went back and read chapter 1 and 2. You create strong characters and great suspense. I like the pace of the story. I will read on.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Is that a call out to the canton arts academy at summit

Posted 14 Years Ago


OK, I like how she's getting a little more comfortable, and comparing notes. Misery loves company.

Posted 14 Years Ago


some spelling mistakes, but that's ok. it was so good. keep up the good work :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very intriguing story. Very interesting and makes a reader want to know what is going on!

Posted 14 Years Ago


thanx for telling me about the mistake:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Tara, rich and important people are generally the targets of kidnappers, its usually all about the reward, mary, another great chapter but in this last paragraph i think you missed a word, "no real clues other than the fact"

Posted 14 Years Ago


I absolutely loved it cant wait for more!!! But I didnt quite understand the "the kind of people who were kidnapped" Maybe be a little more descripted. (:
I really Did love it. Keep writing. Your very talented.!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


'But Arnina’s voice was week and pained'
Just so you know, It would be 'Weak' :O
But other than that, it was supurb. :D
Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

662 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010
Tags: kidnapped Arnina Chloe


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary


Love And Lust Love And Lust

A Poem by Manda


Rain Rain

A Poem by Mary