Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 15

 

           “Arnina? Arnina?...Arnina! Wake up!” shouted Chloe.

 

           “Huh...What’s going on?” Arnina mumbled.

           “Well it is time to go to the courtyard. I know you have training today so I thought you would want me to get you up.” Chloe said with more emotion than she has showed in days. “And I was wondering if I could learn how to fight too?”

 

           “Um Chloe are you okay?” Arnina questioned giving Chloe a weird look.

 

           “Yes I’m fine! I feel better than I have in well…ever! Last night I had this amazing dream and it took all my haziness away. The past few days I have been like um learning…I don’t know how to explain. Well since I got my powers I have been learning things from the Queen Isanne. Like all this information about Lunarians just appeared in my head. I know all about the tribes and the Queens and well everything. My Queen told me it took me so long to learn because she gave me a gift, the ability to use my powers even with these stupid power blockers. Well just look.” Chloe exclaimed and jumped up of the bed.

 

           She gracefully moved her arms in fluid patterns, and slowly ice started to form in the air around her. Her whole body took motion and like a dancer she became art. The temperature in the room dropped dramatically and ice cycles formed on the ceiling. She came to a stop with two giant ice spears forming on her hands.

 

           Her eyes opened and she said, “Awe crap! I’m so sorry Arnina; I hope you aren’t that cold. But look at these!” She waved her ice spears and launched one into the wall and it transformed into snowflakes on contact. The other she made disappear between her frosty finger tips.

 

           “Oh…that is just amazing!” Arnina said between chattering teeth.

 

           “You think? Well I best get rid of this ice before a guard checks on us. So I can learn how to fight right?” Chloe said sounding as happy as Arnina has ever heard her.

 

           “Sure you can learn! But we best tell Aaron about your powers…Chloe why did the Queen give you that gift.” Arnina asked.

 

           “I don’t know, but I think she wants to help us… Arnina we are special, well at least that is what I keep hearing. Do you think there is something different about us?” Chloe wondered.

 

           “I don’t think so, but what is really normal about all of this? I just hope I get my powers soon.” Arnina said starting to feel jealous of Chloe’s powers.

 

           “Right we are running late, the guard will be here any minute to take us to the courtyard.” Chloe shouted. She dashed around the room taking away the ice and looking for her other shoe.

 

           ***

           “She can do what?” Aaron yelled in shock.

 

           “I told you, she can use her powers perfectly even with the power limiter.” Arnina said looking around hoping no one had heard him yell.

 

           “Wow I’ve heard of the Queens taking favor with people before, but I just never heard of them getting that involved. You see some think they don’t care because they do nothing while we are being locked up and tortured. But I haven’t lost hope, this just proves they care. With free will they can only do so much.” He said excitedly.

 

           Arnina smiled and said, “Well that’s good, I was worried. So I’m gonna go off and teach, bye!” Arnina grabbed Chloe and ran off to her corner ready to get this fighting finally started.

 

           “Okay bye, I’ll have you guys show me later!” Aaron yelled to them and ran off to tell the others of this new development.

 

          ***

 

           “You’re late.” Jake announced.

 

           “I know I’m sorry, something happened this morning.” Arnina apologized.

 

           “Whatever just don’t let it happen again, I am doing this as a favor to you ya’know.” Jake scoffed.

 

           “I know well lets get started. Chloe will be joining our class with the other students: Heather, Jade, Rachel, Kyla, and Samantha.” Arnina said pointing them out.

 

           “Okay class listen up,” Jake barked. “If you cross the lines that I have drawn for you, you’ll be kicked out of the class. No exceptions. Clear?”

 

           “Yes sir.” A few of them mumbled.

 

           “Gosh he doesn’t have to be such an a*s about everything does he? Well I hope he is feeling up to snuff because I want these classes to go well.” Arnina thought.

 

           As if he heard her thoughts he said, “That goes for you too, Arnina.”

 

           “Yes sir.” She mumbled sarcastically.

 

           “Now let’s talk about the basics: punching, kicking, and blocking. I doubt any of you can do these things so I will just show you.” Jake said while looking at Arnina.

 

           “Wait, I know the basics.” said Arnina, her anger getting the best of her. “Crap, why did I say that? I know why, because he was being an arrogant b*****d…now I’m gonna make a fool out of myself, great.” She thought bitterly.

 

           Arnina slowly stood in from of a grinning Jake and prepared herself. First she did a wobbly front kick, and then a round house. She paused waiting for Jake’s commentary, but he remained silent. “What is he thinking up a witting remark of how terribly suckish that was? Gosh that was the worst kick I’ve ever done! Ugh who could do anything with his black eyes starring like that? Really unnerving!” she thought. Then she punched the air, hoping that her stance was right. And finally she showed her blocks: low, front, and high. “Well at least it’s over…I wonder what he’ll say?”

 

           Jake said when she finished with menace, “So class would you like to tell her all the things she messed up or should I?”

 

           Samantha a tall brunette said, “Dude she looked fine to me. What’s your prob?”

 

           “My “prob” is her stance was so wide a car could drive through it. And the fact that she rested all her weight on the wrong food when she kicked. Don’t even get me started on the punching, and the blocks which where sadly the best thing she did.” Jake said in a mocking tone, really loving tearing Arnina down.

 

           Samantha just glared at him but remained silent. She thought about leaving, but she wanted to know how to fight more than she wanted to kick Jake’s a*s. Arnina on the other hand really wanted to kick his a*s. Her face was flaming red and she wanted to kick him but she knew he would just block it anyway. “I hate him! I should just call it all off, no I won’t give in so easily.” Arnina thought bitterly.

 

           “Fine show me the right way. I’ll be the example for the class.” Arnina muttered.

 

           “Okay then,” Jake said walking around Arnina so he could position her the right way. “Your feet go like this.” He moved in the right position so she could mirror him. “Now slowly bring your knee up like this and kick.” He said bringing up his knee in a slanted position and doing a perfect kick. “Wow he really is a black belt! I thought he wouldn’t be able to teach this well, but I guess I underestimated him. Well here goes nothing.” She thought doing her kick just how Jake had showed her.

 

           “Good, now for the punch.” He said grabbing her arm and moving it in a punching movement. “Wow he is really close to me. I wish he would show me without touching me, but he is the teacher after all…I didn’t mind when the instructor at the YWCA showed me, but he was an old grandfather type of guy. Not my age and, well the most difficult guy to deal with in the universe.” Arnina thought. She held her breath as she felt her heart start to beat faster and faster, she swore it was because he was making her uncomfortable but that wasn’t the full truth.

 

           As her face turned as red as it possibility could she felt his warm breath brush the back of her neck. Her hair stood on end and she just couldn’t take it anymore, so she quickly jumped back out of Jake’s grasp.

 

           She said a quick, “I get it! Thanks Jake.”

 

           He gave her a weird look and said, “Fine show me.”

          

           She did as he said and both punched and kick much better than before. She smiled slightly at her improvement but stopped when she saw Jake smiling too. She had never actually seen him smile before, well without being mean about it. “Wow he looks so nice when he smiles like that…what am I saying? He is just happy he got the better of me, that’s all.” Arnina thought.

 

           “Well class you should try too, I will walk around and correct you. You can do that too Arnina.” He said.

 

           Arnina did as he said and they spent the rest of their class getting down the basics. Arnina and Jake fought the whole time but by the end of it everyone had learned a lot. They went back to their rooms, and that night all Arnina dreamed of was Jake shouting, “Kick! Kick! Kick!”

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
Please review:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

First off I wanna say I love the pace of this story I was kinda exspecting Arnina and Jake to get a little fire going I mean they both have the element of fire ha. But I really Love this story a few spelling errors but nobody's perfect :) Keep up the good work. You really have me inspired.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The powers are getting stronger. I hope the building is strong? The power of these children could cause great damage. A very good chapter. Everyone must test their ground.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought this was a great chapter. Great job on describing the class. I'm wondering if something is going to develop between Jake and Arnina. The sparks are really flying between them!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Alex is wrong lol errors here and there but nothing too major. Ill point them out later. It was a nice chapter but perhaps you should be more specific about how she originally did before she was corrected and durign because that was a time she began to show some interst in Jake so you need to express it a bit better. Maybe something about her heartbeat or maybe talk longer about that part. idk but good job Mar cant wait for the rest

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well. No errors HOORAY!!! But I do have to say that I am tired of waiting for arnina powers. And I am one student teacher in my class and you described how it's scene perfectly how it would go. too bad you forgot one kick side kick and the outside forarm block. And don't geet me started on knife hands

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

455 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 22, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary


Otherness Otherness

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary