Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Mary

 

 

Chapter 8

 

        “Are you sure?” asked Chloe. Biting her lip as Arnina explained what had happened to her.

 

“For the last time, YES! I had a vision or some sort of lucid dream about something that happened to me when I was little. I now remember Cory…I can’t believe I forgot him. I wonder if he is still alive, it has been twelve years.” She murmured wiping the tears from her eyes.

 

“So your cousin was kidnapped…I’m sorry, but how do you know it was a Gallumph or whatever they are called.” Chloe said not looking Arnina in the eye.

 

“I know because I saw it with my own two eyes! I did not imagine all of that, it DID happen.” Arnina said her voice was rising with anger because Chloe kept second guessing her.

 

        “Fine…then are you a Lunarian, cause if your family has also been taken…” questioned Chloe.

 

“Well…maybe, I just don’t know anymore! Would it really be that bad to have superpowers or be part of something? But if I am then that means they really did mean to take me so, I hope not.” said Arnina.

 

“I hope not too, I don’t want either of us to be freaks, like that guy Aaron. Do you think he can really control earth?” said Chloe.

 

“Well he did float a rock around our room; I think that was proof enough. Maybe he can even do more; he just didn’t want us to freak out or something.” Arnina pondered.

 

“Whatever, this is all crazy…wake me up if Aaron comes back I want to talk to him.” said Chloe.

 

“Ok.” said Arnina looking at the white door waiting for something to happen.

 

But nothing happened, Arnina just sat there in her little cell. She looked at Chloe who was actually sleeping, and thought what must be going through that girls mind. “Maybe she is just protecting her sanity, or something. But she will have to face the facts soon especially when or if we get powers. Powers…wow, can I really believe that?” Arnina thought.

 

She thought of her past, and of Cory. “How old was I? Well, if it has been 12 years and I’m 16 now, I guess I was four when the Gallumph took him…” she thought. She replayed the scene again in her mind, trying to make sense of it all. “Why couldn’t I remember this, and why did everyone say Cory died of an illness?” She fought with what she knew and what she had just remembered. “I will find out the truth!”

 

Not a lot of time had passed when the daily meal came. “Oh great, green goop today!” Arnina murmured glaring at the unfamiliar substance on the tray. She thought of waking Chloe but decided against that, she didn’t want to deal with her quite yet. She ate the gross concoction with both repulsiveness and hunger; she needed to keep up her strength.

 

  ***

 

After a few hours it was what Arnina guessed as night time, when Aaron always comes. He appeared like normal just popping into their room always checking for guards. But this time Arnina noticed the key card he quickly slid into his pocket, she had thought that was what he used to get into the rooms. She made a mental note to ask him about it later, because she needed answers now. He sat down murmuring a greeting; Arnina noticed he looked paler than normal.

 

“They did something to me today.” said Arnina.

 

“Oh, they did the testing already; I thought it would be awhile until they got to you. Mr. Smith must have put in a rush order because they have been extra busy lately with all the new captures. Well, what they did was test to see if you had any powers yet, which you don’t. So what did you see? Some people think what you see in that state is important because it is when your subconscious is connected with your conscious mind. I don’t know because they never tested me, I had my powers when I came here three years ago.” explained Aaron.

 

“I saw my older cousin get kidnapped by a Gallumph…it was like a memory, I was only four years old.” Arnina said.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry… so I take it you didn’t know this before?” he asked.

 

“No, I thought Cory died from pneumonia, it is like my brain blocked the truth out…so I kind of believe you now.” Arnina clarified.

 

“Okay well that is progress; I guess I should tell you now what the everyday life will be after Chloe is tested tomorrow. After they test you, you are now just one of the Lunarians. We get one meal a day like I guess you have noticed, but always expect it to taste horrible. We get to wash our clothes once a week in the laundry room. Every other day they take us to the showers but only for five minutes so don’t waste time, and every day we go to the courtyard to ‘exercise’. The courtyard is really just a big underground room with really crapy exercise equipment. Oh and some illegal experimenting in between.” He said bitterly thinking back to all the things they have done to him.

 

“That is how my life is going to be from now on? Hell!?!” screamed Chloe.

 

“Are you alright Aaron, you look pale?” asked Arnina.

 

“Sorry I’m fine, just haven’t slept in a while, don’t worry I’ll help you get through this.” he said.

 

“We still need to figure out why exactly Smith is doing all of this. No matter how much he hates us I can’t see why anyone would go this far!” said Arnina. She had been thinking for awhile and she just didn’t understand why anyone would do this.

 

“Oh well I can tell you that, Lunarians live longer than the average human and have amazing powers. He wants to figure out how to steal that from us, think how powerful he would be then, if he could live to 500 and control an element!” said Aaron.

 

“Wait you never said anything about being able to live longer!” the girls practically shouted at the same time.

 

“Oh did I forget to tell you that? Sorry! Yep, if we were free we could live well past a human lifespan, maybe hundreds of years more. But yet again that is a reason they hate us.” Aaron said.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think! i like critisism!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The chapter was strong. You create reason for the captive and the need for their gifts. This chapter was strong. I like the detail and the story told in your words. A very good chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


marvelous!!!! I really liked it! cant wait fir more

Posted 14 Years Ago


great story


Posted 14 Years Ago


paragraph 13 he chased to ball acroosed the court, when you mean THE ball

Posted 14 Years Ago


Really intense chapter. Your story is very interesting. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mary