Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Mary

 

Chapter 24

 

        “Well it is good to see you have your powers Arnina, but the problem is everyone saw you.” said Aaron with a strained look on his face. He had just run over after Arnina had stopped using her powers, and he was freaking out. “It would be fine if some of the kids weren’t completely out of their minds, I mean they will do anything to get out of here…so that includes telling the guards about you. When I told you to test your powers I meant a little flame or something, not a whole fire show.” Aaron exclaimed waving his arms about obviously trying to make a point.

 

        “I didn’t know that would happen either, I thought I wouldn’t be able to use my powers. I’m sorry, but like you said they are out of their minds, the guards wouldn’t believe them if they ratted me out… who would believe that any of us could be at our full power potential?” reasoned Arnina.

 

        “Your right, I’m just worried about you.” admitted Aaron finally calming down.

 

        “Thanks, but no need to worry everything is fine, no harm done.” She said with a smile. They said their goodbyes seeing the guards come to take them back to their rooms.

 

        Arnina walked more willingly this time; she was in such a good mood. She wouldn’t let being escorted like cattle bring her down. “Here is my chance to look at my marks.” She thought looking at the glass windows of the testing rooms. She could almost see her reflection perfectly, but it was hard to stare at herself while walking.

 

She did though get a good glimpse of it, and she had almost tripped in shock. “I look awesome, so exotic!” She thought knowing she had a goofy look of pleasure on her face. “My markings look a lot better than I thought they would, but it doesn’t matter. I would have loved them even if they made me look ugly, they are a sign I am connected with my Queen.” After that she just kept on walking to her room, but the goofy grin didn’t leave her face.

 

          ***

 

“I used my powers! After all of this I finally have powers.” Arnina said to Chloe in their room.

 

“I know I was there.” laughed Chloe.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me it would be this wonderful?” asked Arnina.

 

“Well I didn’t want to brag, and there is a downside to having powers…remember?” muttered Chloe looking a little haunted.

 

“Yes, I remember. I’m sorry you had to go through that…” said Arnina thinking about the incident that had almost killed her. “It almost cost us our lives… but I got my powers out of it.”

 

“My life wasn’t in danger, I wish you would’ve known that, cause then you would have never gotten hurt.” Chloe said looking sad and a little guilty.

 

“I don’t regret it; you would have been covered in ice for hours. I know ice doesn’t affect you, but you were too weak to control the ice and I didn’t want to risk it.” Arnina said looking at Chloe seriously.

 

“Thank you, for everything.” said Chloe knowing then how much Arnina cared about her. “I wouldn’t be sane without you.”

 

“I know that! Remember all the stuff you used to say when we first got captured. I thought you would lose it the day you got me out of the freezer.” Arnina said jokingly. “You were barley coherent.”

 

“I almost did lose it. But luckily that stage of my life is over now.” Chloe replied with a sad smile. “Well lets go to bed you look like crap, using your powers drained you, huh?

 

“Hey, I look fine! But yeah I need some sleep, goodnight Chloe.” Arnina said getting settled into her cot.

 

“Night.” Chloe replied drifting off to sleep.

 

     ***

 

“You wished to speak with me?” asked Queen Xipil motioning for Arnina to sit next to her on the edge of a giant volcano.

 

“Yes, I wanted to ask you about what happed.” replied Arnina sitting down next to her.

 

“You mean when you got trapped in one of the forbidden realms?” asked Queen Xipil.

 

“Well I think I understand why that happened, but why was Jake my guide?” Arnina asked.

“Ah the boy, well it is very simple. You are strongly connected to him, your soul called out to him.” said the Queen with warmth in her eyes.

 

“Well…um, that can’t be! I am not connected to him; he just has a special power or something!” said Arnina getting flustered, she could feel her heart be faster and faster hoping the Queen was right.

 

“He may have some ‘special power’ but it is not that. In fact you are lucky, most would not have had a guide, it’s a rare connection. I had suspected though that you had found someone that you had bonded with.” said the Queen.

 

“But we don’t like each other, well not like that!” murmured Arnina trying not to raise her voice.

 

“I not implying that you are in a romantic relationship, someone’s best friend could be their guide. But my dear, I think you are lying to me and to yourself. You are young, you will see the truth.” said the Queen filling Arnina with her warmth and pure love.

 

“If you say so.” said Arnina letting the subject be dropped, she fear she might admit something she wasn’t ready to. “So why is it I can fully use my powers, without practice?” she asked getting on to other pressing matters.

 

“Simply because I wish it. You and Chloe are very important, so the Queens and I decided to give you something a little extra.” said the Queen her voice taking on a more serious tone.

 

“Important? How?” asked Arnina.

 

“You see that it is where it gets very complicated, I am not sure if you should know this quite yet. But I will tell you this: You and Chloe are not the only important ones.” said the Queen.

 

“What?” said Arnina. Before she could say anymore, she was pulled out of the comfort of her dreamscape, leaving all of the fiery wonders behind.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Day dreamers first line is all i can see/ type.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is starting to get pretty intense keep those fingers on the keyboard I have to know the next part!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Intresting! Ha, even the queen knows Arnia has a thing for jake! U had great character developement with Arnia and Chloe...especially Chloe! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh i like it!!! very suspenseful, and i can't wait until the next chapter!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2010
Last Updated on July 10, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Abandoned Abandoned

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary


In the Myst In the Myst

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 20 Chapter 20

A Chapter by Mary