Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 14

 

           After minimal discussion with Chloe Arnina went to bed, Chloe showed no interest in the fighting training Arnina was pursuing. Arnina hadn’t really thought Chloe would, but she wanted Chloe to at least say how stupid it was, but all she got was a nod and mumbling about the moon. Bored but not tired Arnina just laid there thinking over the days events.

 

           “I owe him.” She thought remembering the promise she made. “It was a mistake I shouldn’t have agreed to such outrageous terms…but I was angry and well, I need his help. I hope he doesn’t ask for something to crazy.” She began to think up all of the possible things he could ask of her, and then stopped, knowing she was only torturing herself. “Well I better get my rest if we are starting training tomorrow.” She thought while trying to find a comfortable position.

 

           She did eventually fall asleep after her thoughts died down. But she began to toss and turn on her little cot from feverous dreams or rather visions. She was in a fiery wasteland that seemed to go on forever. She walked and walked on unstable land teeming with fractures that showed red hot magma beneath. She was not afraid though, in fact she felt quite peaceful.

 

           She was on a quest. With each step she felt she was getting closer and closer to her greatest goal. She took no notice of the fire that caught her dress made out of scarlet silk, and she felt no pain as the fire danced along her skin without marking it. She was one with fire and it was leading her to the unknown.

 

            ***

 

           She woke up not frightened but alert. All of her senses were screaming and images of fire filled her. She was used to the dreams but this one was different from the others, more vivid and longer and just plain surreal. They annoyed her but this one made her think that soon she wouldn’t have to worry about them, because she was close to her destination. “But the real question is what will I find there? Will the end be me getting my powers or something else? Well I hope so; I hate to be the one left out.” She thought knowing that there was no way she would get anymore sleep that night.

 

           So she sat there and contemplated how she wanted the training to go. She knew that Jake would do most of the teaching but she didn’t want to be left out of her own idea. So she tried to recall how to punch and kick properly and a few escape techniques. The only problem was she barely remembered how to block, let alone attack. “Man, Jake is going to really get a kick out of this. I bet he will teach the others that I am the example not to learn from. Well I am not going to let that jerk get the best of me! ...If only I knew more martial arts.” She thought while practicing her kicking and trying not to hit Chloe since the room was so small.

 

            ***

 

           When it finally came time for training Arnina couldn’t find Jake anywhere. She asked everyone and they said that they hadn’t seen him all morning. She was furious, thinking he had found some way to ditch her. She had no idea what to do with the five students who had volunteered: Jade, Rachel, Heather, and two girls she had never met, Kyla and Samantha. “That slimy little emo boy better get his a*s out here!” she thought while practically foaming at the mouth from anger.

 

           Just when she was about to cancel the whole thing on the count of she had no idea what she was doing, the courtyard doors flew open. The guards hurled a beaten boy into the room that Arnina vaguely recognized as Jake. She ran to the other side of the room forgetting her anger.

 

           “What happed?” she asked as she crouched down by his side.

 

           “One of the damn guards pissed me off.” He muttered pulling himself into a sitting position.

 

           “Oh, so you started a fight? Stupid! …Well are you alright?” she said looking at his swelling face with concern.

 

           “I’m fine, leave me alone. I guess we have to start training tomorrow then.” he said while walking away.

 

           Aaron and a few others also tried to approach him, but all he did was move away. Eventually they were satisfied that he was alright and everything went back to normal. Arnina announced that training would begin tomorrow and went off on her own, not noticing that Jade was following her.

 

           “He will be fine.” Jade declared.

 

           “What? Oh it’s you. Yeah I’m sure you’re right.” Arnina said without much conviction.

 

           “You’ll see, he is to stubborn to even feel the pain. He will pretend to be perfectly fine tomorrow and we can start the new training!” Jade said enthusiastically, practically dancing.

 

           “It’s good to see you are excited about training. I thought I was the only one.” Arnina said.

 

           “Oh no! I have always wanted to learn how to fight!” said Jade punching the air.

 

           “Me too. Let’s just hope tomorrow goes smoothly.” Arnina muttered obviously worried.

 

           “It will Arni, don’t worry. You don’t mind if I call you Arni do you?” Jade asked.

 

           “No, it’s okay. My cousin Cory always used to call me that.” Arnina said remembering her cousin. “Do you know of a Cory, he might have been taken here?”

 

           “Cory...Cory…that name sounds familiar. I don’t know but I’ll ask around if you want.” said Jade.

 

           “Thanks I would like that a lot.” Arnina said sitting down in her favorite place thinking of the possibility of seeing Cory again. “Would I really want to though? It has been years, he would be a completely different person…all those years in a place like this.” She thought thinking how he might be. “He could be completely crazy…or even worse…dead.”



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
PLEASE REVIEW!!! :) THANX

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very interesting chapter. The story is getting stronger. Please sent me read request. I work a terrible work schedule and as soon as possible I will read them. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really good job! It's a smooth transition into the next chapter. I really don't see many grammer mistakes, but I was more involved in reading it than looking for anything! It's great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another fantastic chapter. This one was really enjoyable with a nice lead in to the next chapter. Your book is coming along very nicely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


KEEWWLIO!!!!!!!!! I love this keep writing. A feq errors typos and such I will send the correction to you later ok but otherwise this story is really kewl. I will ttyl.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i think his cousin is a good character in the story, her dreams are vivid and give a nice picture! i really like this story and hope you finish it!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


was a nod and mumbling about moon. need to add THE in the sentence " about THE moon". I like this chapter but it is only filler for the inevitable. I can't wait till she gets these great powers. Or becomes the mistake of the group.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hope she gets reunited with her cousin. maybe Aaaron is really her cousin! IDK... justa thought also this is a first time i ever heard one of your charaxter curse! :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on June 17, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary


Abandoned Abandoned

A Poem by Mary