Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary

 

Chapter 7

 

Arnina’s P.O.V.

 

 

Sometime in the morning a man wearing scrubs burst into their room. He looked at both girls, his beady eyes bore into their sculls and Arnina felt her pulse skip a beat. He then lifted a pale finger and pointed it at Arnina. Her eyes widened, “Why is he pointing at me? I can’t take this anymore…” she thought.

 

“What!” Arnina screamed letting the panic take her over.

 

“Come with me, you will be first.” said the man.

 

“First, for what?” she whispered.

 

He signaled for the guards, they came into their room and pulled Arnina out kicking and screaming. “First for what?” she screamed over and over again, her brain in a state of overdrive. She didn’t care what kind of scene she was making, for the first time in her life she no longer cared about a thing. It was a kind of release that was both freeing and heart braking. She knew nothing anymore and in the back of her mind she knew she was in shock. But her mind was not in control.

 

They dragged her down the bland copy cat hallways and into one of the rooms. The ones that she swore she would never enter, with the alien machines. “Are they going to dissect me?” she thought.  Her brown eyes glued to the big machine in the center, it had blades and tubes protruding from it. But luckily they took her to the side of the room to one of the smaller monstrosities. It looked something like a dentist chair, but she didn’t think they would be looking at her teeth.

 

She was right; they strapped her in without an explanation, and injected her with some sort of colorful liquid. They lowered something on to her head, and hooked an IV into her. There was a monitor beside her chair, when they lowered the thing on her head something started to appear on the screen. She heard them talking to one another, but for some reason she found it difficult to hear them. She began to wonder what that drug was, but she knew she needed to know what was happening so she strained herself to listen.

 

“So we put her in a state of unconsciousness, and then how do we know if she has powers or not?” said one of them.

 

“Well, the monitor shows brain activity. And when they are in that state, a pattern appears on the monitor if they have powers.” replied the other one.

 

“How did we figure this out?” asked one of them again.

 

“Years and years of testing, we know everything about them.” replied the other one.

 

“What does that mean? Are they putting me to sleep, well I do feel really tired… and what about powers?” she thought as her mind slowly turned off.

 

 

        The warm summer air ruffled her princess costume as she played with her dolls on the country grass of her Aunt’s backyard. She watched as her older cousin played basket ball, wishing she could join him.  He chased to ball across the small court never giving up.

 

“Can I play baset ball too, Cory?” Arnina asked jumping up and down trying to grab the ball.

 

“Arni you can play when you are older, go play with Lulu.” He said pointing to Arnina favorite doll.

 

“But I don’t wanna!” she said giving him her best pouty face.

 

“Aright, alright, go get lemonade from Auntie Meme and then you can play.” he said.

 

“Yay!” she screamed and ran to the house up the long yard.

 

         ***

 

She waddled back to the basket ball court with two glassed in her small hands. She looked and looked for her cousin afraid that he left her. But when she saw him the glasses fell from her hands.

 

Cory was being taken in the back of a giant black van. Her cousin’s screams filled her ears and all she did was watch in horror. His small body stood no chance fighting against the monster that had him, the distorted features and size of a true boogey man.

 

She cried and cried for the longest time until Auntie Meme found her there sitting in a puddle of spilled lemonade. They never found what happened to little Cory, who was only seven years old.

 

Arnina woke up in her cell with tears on her cheeks. She remembered everything, and most importantly she remembered the monster that took her cousin. Chloe told her that they had found out that she had no powers, and they would test Chloe tomorrow. Arnina only hoped that Chloe wouldn’t have to go through what she had.

 



© 2010 Mary


Build your author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The chapter is very interesting. Could add more detail of the experiment on the poor girl. But the chapter was strong. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Cant wait for more mary this is rallly good. I like it so much!!!! THere were a few strange sentences in there but other than that great! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think this sounds a lot like the giver

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it a lot better. This is getting more and more awesome :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Actually, this chapter was really good. I like the bit of humor in it about the "nurse" looking for trouble. Your story/book is getting more and more interesting. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary