Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 20

 

Days went by with no change in Arnina, everyone was beyond worried. Most didn’t think she would wake up and others hoped for a miracle. The guards and doctors did nothing, even when Chloe begged them; they didn’t care about one Lunarian, especially when that Lunarian according to them had not received their powers yet. Arnina wasn’t worth the worry, they thought. If only they knew how important she truly was, maybe they would give a little effort to save a “useless” Lunarian life.

 

“Oh Arnina I wish I could talk to you.” Chloe said one night when they were alone in their room. Chloe had almost regained her full health and wished she could share her fortune with Arnina.

 

   ***

 

“Me too.” said Arnina in the other realm, wishing there was some way she could talk to Chloe. She walked along the bland colorless ground wishing she would come across anything, even a rock. But it was all the same, complete and utter nothingness. She had walked this whole time and resulted in nothing. The only interesting thing was she really had spent every single moment walking; she needed no food or sleep. “It’s like I’m a ghost or something.” She thought and stopped where she stood and began to remember something from a book she read about Wicca or something.

 

One of the sections of the book had been on astral projection. This could explain things; maybe she wasn’t a ghost but just in astral form. “I wonder if somehow my astral body got trapped somewhere when I was using my powers. Cause when Lunarians use their powers they are connecting with something, like that realm I was in when I saw the Queen. So since I was connected with something when I had my power overload my soul or whatever was flung in an in-between state of my world and the world where my dream land is. So I’m in like Limbo!” she thought.

 

“Limbo, Limbo, well or the astral world.” She said. “Welp, at least I kinda know where I am now, just how the hell do I get out?” She threw her hands up in frustration angrily walking around and eventually just sitting down. “Maybe Queen Xipil will help me…I need to get back to my body before it dies. But how do I contact her…not a clue.” She thought.

 

“QUEEN XIPIL! QUEEN XIPIL!” she screamed. “Help me…” She then laid down and tried to sleep, even through she wasn’t tired, thinking anything was better then just sitting there.

 

                                     ***

 

        The same day Chloe heard a knock on the door. She wiped her eyes and knocked back in response, expecting Aaron. Except the guy that opened the door was not Aaron, but Jake.

 

“What are you doing here?” asked Chloe.

 

“Aaron asked me to check on Arnina. Cause I have a keycard too and he was busy.” He said holding up a keycard, which Chloe suspected he had gotten from one of the guards he had fought before.

 

“Oh well no need, she hasn’t changed. So if that was it…” she said gesturing for him to leave.

 

He began to leave, but then he stopped and said roughly, “Chloe have you been hearing things?” He looked uncertain, like he hadn’t wanted to ask her.

 

“Things? What do you mean?” she asked confused.

 

“Ah,” he stopped, paused and then went on, “I have been hearing someone yelling.”

 

“Who?” said Chloe.

 

“Never mind you wouldn’t believe me anyway.” He muttered turning for the door.

 

“No. Stop.” she said grabbing his arm, “Tell me.”

 

He stood their searching her eyes and finally said, “I’ve been hearing Arnina.” He pulled his arm from her grasp and took a step back, leaning against the wall.

 

“What? No way. Explain.” she yelled.

 

“Well it is only sometimes and it is fuzzy, I am just telling you because I heard her more clearly a little while ago. She yelled something like, “Queen Xipil help me.” I think she is stuck somewhere, maybe a different realm. I don’t know why I’m hearing her, I just want it to stop.” He said.

 

“You’re serious aren’t you? Well I haven’t heard a thing. What can this mean? Why can you hear her?” she threw questions at him, all he couldn’t answer.

 

“Shut up for a second! I don’t know why this is happening!” he yelled.

 

“Fine. But if you can hear her maybe you can talk to her.” reasoned Chloe.

 

                                     ***

        While they were arguing Arnina had been having her own little chat. She found that when she fell asleep she could access the realm in which her Queen resides.

 

        “You can’t send me back?” said Arnina in panic.

 

        “No it is out of my control, you are in a place that neither I nor any of the other Queens can reach. You must find your own way back, I’m sorry my daughter.” said Xipil.

 

        “But how can I? I can’t do anything there, and here I am just a hologram thing, look at me!” she said pointing to her almost invisible body that seemed to be fading by the second.

 

        “There is one that can guide you back…” said Queen Xipil before Arnina completely faded away, and woke up back in the world of nothingness.

 

        “Oh crap! Well what does that mean…” she thought and then paused because she heard Chloe talking to someone.

 

            ***

 

        “Well can you talk to her?” asked Chloe.

 

        “I don’t know I haven’t heard her in awhile.” said Jake.

 

“Who are they talking about?” said Arnina.

 

“Wait I think I just heard something, be quiet!” said Jake. “Arnina?”

 

“Jake can you hear me?” Arnina yelled completely shocked.

 

“Yes! I can hear you Arnina.” He said walking over to her body to see if it helped.

 

“Um I’m in some other realm place or something, kinda like a world of nothingness. Can you get me out?” asked Arnina getting really excited.

 

“I don’t know…um I’ll try.” said Jake.

 

“Well Queen Xipil talked about me having a guide, so maybe you’re it.” said said.

 

“You talked to Queen Xipil, why didn’t she get you out of this?” he asked.

 

“She said no Queens could, but if you would listen maybe you could.” She said wishing he would listen to her.

 

        “Okay, what guide?”

 

        “To lead me back to my body, maybe you’re the guide she was talking about before I kinda disappeared from her realm.” Arnina said.

 

        “Well fine, what the hell do I have to do to guide you back?” he said getting annoyed.

 

        “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! TELL ME!” yelled Chloe, fed up with just watching Jake talk to the air.”

 

        “Shut up I’m busy, I need to guide her back.” he yelled back.

 

        “So Arnina how do I guide you back?” he asked.

 

        “Well try like um well touching my body, my hand.” she said uncomfortable to be even uttering those words.”

 

        “Well I’m not going to touch you anywhere else, relax.” he said and reached out and grabbed her cold lifeless hand.

 

                “Oh my God! I felt that!” she said holding her hand while feeling Jake holding it all at the same time. She then got this weird sensation, it started out just a tingly feeling but it turned into a sort of pulling. “Jake I think you are pulling me to my body.”

 

        “What? Well then I guess its working.” he said. “Now what?” he asked but then realised that he too was feeling something. “I can sense you, it’s like I’m connected to you. I am pulling you!” With that realization he started to concentrate on pulling her back into her body.

 

        “It’s working! I’m fading!” she yelled with joy.

 

        In moments Arnina was completely back into her body. Jake just sat there with Chloe waiting for her eyes to open. After a few moments she blinked and then opened her beautiful honey brown eyes.

 

        “It worked.” she whispered, her throat very dry.

 

        “I know.” said Jake, turning away so she wouldn’t see the tears that had formed in his once lifeless black eyes.



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
well give it to me straight, does it suck? please review :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Best Chapter youve added in days!!!!!!!!! So exhilerating!!!!! I especially love the little *** 's lol. Omg keep going keep going keep going!!!!!!!! I cant wait for more Im like craving it I mean JAKE CRYING!!!!!!!! Omg how exciting. I loved loved loved this one!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it! it;s very creative and i never would have came up with something like that! ^^ Maybe jake couold connect to her because they have such a strong liking for one another... yet again this is the romantic talking... :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes... No im kidding but it would've been better if when he touched her that like a volcano formed that shed have to jump in.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary


Rain Rain

A Poem by Mary


Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 24 Chapter 24

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mary