Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary

 

Chapter 12

 

           Arnina’s first outing with the gang went okay, but Arnina couldn’t take her mind off of the Chloe subject. She just sat there in a far corner of the courtyard and thought, even if it was difficult trying to ignore all of the eyes that seemed to be glued to her. All of the other kids were obviously curious about “the new girl”. Luckily though Aaron’s group didn’t bother her; they were busy with their own business. Arnina rolled her eyes when she thought of their plans to escape. In her mind they weren’t taking enough action. All of the just talking made her pissed. She knew it was better said than done but they really needed to get a move on in her opinion.  

 

          After a while her thoughts turned back to Chloe, “I just can’t believe after all of this that Chloe of all people is now suddenly a believer. I even had a hard time wrapping my mind around it all, and I wasn’t the one who had spent this whole ordeal in complete denial.” Arnina thought bitterly. She knew however that nothing would ever be the same, and that meant that anything could happen. Like someone changing their core beliefs due to a lucid dreamish thing. She knew that she might as well adjust to the situation, but that was easier said than done.

 

           What she wanted most was Chloe to go back to her old self, because new Chloe gave her the creeps. She missed the long arguments that could make her so insanely angry long enough for her to forget about what was really going on, and Chloe’s famous denial techniques. Chloe was so good at lying to herself that sometimes Arnina found herself believing it. Or it just made her laugh, Chloe was really creative but sometimes she just was down right stupid.

 

           Arnina still couldn’t believe the time that Chloe ranted for days about them being Punk’d and not being able to wait and see Ashton Kutcher. “She stopped all that talk when I got tested. But it was sure funny while it lasted.” Arnina thought. That had been the only time Arnina actually laughed in her face, because no matter how ridiculous Chloe got Arnina always tried to stay civil. For only the fact that Chloe got even more annoying when she was mad.

 

           “The “new” Chloe only sits around with a dazed look on her face and mumbles facts about Lunarians. Like she just keeps receiving facts about them or something. It is really weird…I hope I don’t get like that!” Arnina thought. She still wasn’t sure if Chloe was just finally crazy or had actually experienced something amazing.

 

           In truth though, Arnina clung to her sense of normal, and Chloe was no longer “Chloe normal”. Arnina didn’t know if she could handle any more changes, she feared would go crazy herself. Each day was harder and harder for her to take. She just consistently sat in the same place thinking, not really in the mood to get involved. Even if Aaron and his friends had made some attempts to include her. She was not interested in enjoying her imprisonment.

 

           Time was not really counted but she guessed that a week or two had passed, even though it felt like a lifetime just sitting and waiting around.  She hated herself for not doing anything, “But what can I do in prison?” she thought laughing at the jailbreak movies she had seen, realizing for the first time that life was truly not like television. She replayed a movie over and over again in her head that had been her favorite prison flick, and the only useful thing she got out of it was the saying, “Don’t drop the soap.” She found it kind of amusing but less helpful than Chloe on a good day.

 

          She wished that she would be saved by some heroic hottie, with an affinity for rescuing damsels in distress. But she knew that her life, no matter how unreal, was not a fairytale. So she just stuck to pretend, because she knew that her old life was no longer an option to go back to. She was changed forever, a different person. In that moment of truth she decided that if she ever got out of this she would get something pierced or tattooed. That had always been a wish of hers, and the will of her parents didn’t matter anymore.

 

          She still remembered the hour long fights she would have with her parents, always wanting a piercing of some sort or a tattoo that represented her so called ‘inner soul’. Now she found it funny that most of the tattoos she wanted had some kind of fire element to them. “Have I always known? ...well I have always loved fire.” she reasoned and snickered at the irony. She thought for a moment a decided that she will get her nose pierced and maybe a tattoo that represented all that she has and will probably go through. She knew that if she got the chance she would document this place somehow, even if it meant just writing a book about it all.

 

          It was her body and she would do with it what she wanted, but now she realized she was starting to look different. Her hair had lost its natural shine and her eyes their sparkle. Plus she had lost some weight, due to the stress, lack of food, and constant giving of blood. She was not getting what she needed. Just a blurry image of her was enough to dampen her spirits. She was now grateful for the lack of mirrors. They would have only caused pain anyway.

 

          So she motivated herself enough to try to take care of herself. She didn’t want to die of something boring like malnutrition. No, she was going to go out fighting. “Fighting?...fighting…yeah.” she thought and stood from her spot against the wall. “I want to fight my way out of here and maybe others can do it with me.” She began to pace forming an idea.

 

          She soon realized that even with powers these kids really didn’t know how to fight. She looked around at the pale wimpy kids and thought, “Okay so Aaron is teaching them how to use their powers, but do they know how to use their fists? How can we expect to escape when we are so weak?”

 

          Those thoughts led to many more and she planned on doing something a little more productive with her time than sitting around and thinking about escape. “A project like this could keep me sane.” She thought knowing that she is on the verge of going mad. “And what does Aaron really plan on doing? Okay they can move rocks with their powers but where will that get them with a hundred guards? Knowing how to properly kick is way more useful.”

 

          Now all she needed where teachers on how to fight. She knew that Aaron knew some things from his father and vaguely remember something about Jesse knowing some martial arts. She also knew a little self defense from the local YWCA. So with people willing to teach she knew her biggest problem would be doing it under the table, or rather just not getting caught.

 

          The thought of really making a difference made her excited. She was not the type of person who waited to be killed, she was a fighter. Thoughts of old TV shows and kid power swelled her. She imagined 30 little kids taking down the guards with cool ninja powers, but then soon tried to shake herself of such idiocy. “I just want everyone to be prepared for the day when we finally get out of here.” She thought while making her way to Aaron to propose her idea.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
i have been having writers block :(... please review :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The mind of a child would be wishful. To escape would be a the only purpose for anyone locks up. I like the feel of this chapter. Even a small animal will fight for freedom. A very strong chapter. I like how she is thinking and plotting.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


A little fast-paced and it lacked detail. Maybe just dress it up a little bit ok!! Great piece I cant wai tto read the finished work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I thought this was good chapter. Good set up for more action if she is able to get everyone to agree to learn how to do some physical fighting just in case a chance comes up to escape.

Posted 14 Years Ago


She even had a hard time rapping her own mind around it all. WRONG RAPPING ITS WRAPPING.and what does don't drop the soap mean anyway?oh well it's good filler for the book i mean you dont need somthing exciting in every chapter do you?

Posted 14 Years Ago


yay! new chapter! good job, i like where the story is going. It is going to be exciting! :) look forward to the next chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, another great job! There were a few mispellings, but other than that I didn't see anything. Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary