Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 13

 

          “Aaron?” she said to get his attention.

 

          “Hi Arnina, what’s up?” he said with concern noticing that she seemed agitated.

 

          “Well I was wondering if I could talk to you about an idea I had.” She said in a rush.

 

          “Sure go ahead.” He said giving her his full attention.

 

          She went on to tell him all about her idea. She explained that knowing how to fight and defend themselves was an important part of escape and making the kids useful, and that this could help everyone and she didn’t see why no one had done it before.

 

           After she was done Aaron said with a thoughtful expression, “Well Arnina it isn’t that we haven’t thought of this but all the downsides to it. You see this could bring false hope to the younger children. If we teach them how to fight in the name of escape they could think that escape was actually happening. And the fact that little kids fighting is very dangerous. I mean only the teenagers could probably handle it. But if you really want to do this then I suppose you could teach the older kids. But how will we hide it?”

 

           “Oh I guess I should have thought it out better…but I just want to make a difference! Well teaching the older kids is good too; we can make a fighting elite team of Lunarians,” she said with excitement and then remembered something Jade had told her the other day. “Um… didn’t jade say that over there on the left side of the courtyard there is a blind spot for the cameras? Well can’t we teach there?”

 

           “Right the blind spot, but it is so small only about of 12 square feet of space in that corner. But if we teach about 5 people at a time it could work. So who will be the teacher…umm let me see I guess Jake could do it.” He said.

 

           “Wait, Jake? I was thinking you or Jesse and I even know a little. Why Jake?” she questioned.

 

           “Oh you didn’t know? Jake is a black belt in various martial arts. And Jesse and I have duties to take care of so we have no spare time. Jake has even beaten up a few guards in the past but the punishment stopped him from doing it again, so he will be perfect for the job.” he said looking a little sad from remembering what Jake had gone through.

 

           “I didn’t know…when you say punishment…well was it really bad?” she asked biting her lip feeling sorry for the boy she couldn’t stand seconds before.

 

           “Yes it was bad…he still isn’t completely over it…so be easy on him. He may be a basterd but he has his reasons. You can go ask him now, he is right over there.” He said pointing to Jake leaning against a wall.

 

           “Okay, thanks.” She murmured and started off in Jakes direction.

 

           ***

 

           “Um hey Jake?” she said.

 

           “What do you want?” he said with an annoyed glare.

 

           “Well I was wondering if I could talk to you about an idea I had. I have already talked to Aaron about it and all I need to do is check with you.” She said looking at him with big eyes hoping he would say yes.

 

           “Okay tell me.” He said with a little amusement at the thought that he would help her with anything.

           She explained her idea and what Aaron said in a hopeful voice monitoring Jake’s expression carefully. “What if he says no? He would be a perfect teacher being so experienced and all. Plus Aaron said he couldn’t do it and I can’t do it alone. Well I will act nice and suck up because he obviously doesn’t want to help me do anything.” Arnina thought.

          

           He stood there silent for awhile when she had finished, but then said a cold, “Why should I?”

 

           “Um well it will help us all so much, don’t you want to get out of here?” she said.

 

           Something flashed in his eyes and then he said sharply, “We will never get out of here!”

 

           “What?.. Well I think otherwise! I will not give up,” She said strongly forgetting her tactics of sucking up. “Will you help me or not?”

 

           “I will, but on one condition. You owe me, if I ask anything of you, you have to do it. No matter what, agreed?” he said with a smirk.

 

           “Agreed.” She said while thinking, “What have I gotten myself into?”

 

 

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
Please review! :) thanx

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the chapter. The leader show wisdom and the plan was made. A very good ending. You left a opening for the next chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really well-written piece Mary... concerned about this favor though lol.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was good but I'm thinking the price he's going to ask is going to be extreme. I'm guessing but that's what I'm thinking. Your book is coming along nicely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


When did she speak of the blind spot?He may be a basterd but he has his reasons. You spelled B*****d wrong. Other than that im suspicious of this little favor.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

445 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5