Joy

Joy

A Story by Lakshmi Ramesh

It's not how you imagined it to be. You may get that road trip to Goa you've always imagined having. Maybe you'll finally win that prestigious scholarship. Maybe you'll be college president. Maybe you'll have a lot of these big shiny moments in your life or maybe you won't. But is that all joy is? We all wait for big moments to happen to us; moments that define our life. But what if you don't find them? What if your life is not a series of extraordinary events but a string of relatively small minute things that could happen to just about anybody? Does it nullify everything you are? No. Joy will find your way to you. It will keep knocking at your door till you decide to open it and let it in. It will be in evening teas and sunsets at the terrace that is supposed to be closed. It will be in the first rains sharing your umbrellas. It will be in the moment when your crush spots you from across the corridor even when you didn't or when you bond with someone you never expected to. It will be in those queer moments of realisation when you look around at the people you call friends and you realise, you found your way to the home you were always meant to be in. Life can get too dark too soon. It can be one of those cold dull days when the sun sets too quickly and all you see is a starless sky and no streetlights to guide you. But ever so often, someone comes to you with a flashlight and let's you know that happiness is here. You just need to find it with the right people holding the torch for you.

© 2016 Lakshmi Ramesh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on March 31, 2016
Last Updated on March 31, 2016