Changing

Changing

A Poem by lyss

I'm stretching,

Goodness help me I don't know what to do.

My body is changing

It's strange really...

Gaining weight can change a person.

 

Tighter, tighter till I can't get my shorts above my thighs.

I cry out in despair wondering what has changed.

It wasn't supposed to be this way,

I'm in my prime.

I should be working out,

Dieting,

Skimping or something.

Instead I let the stress,

Exhaustion, and business of life

Get to me

Wear me down 

Till I got here.

 

Now I'm not happy,

And it's all my fault.

 

So I guess I should get up

And change.

© 2013 lyss


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life changes people. This may sound cliché but you go with the flow and be the best you can be at the stage you're at in life. So many things can make you happy other than your appearance, like accomplishing something awesome. With hard work you can always maintain beauty. Good to read something real, though.

Cal

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lord, have I been in those shoes. lol How does it become so easy to let ourselves go, yet serve to be so difficult to regain control again? This was a great piece and so relatable for women and men alike. Nicely done, :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nicely done! The vast majority of us gain a few extra pounds as we age. Call it the added burden of life! There is a difference however between a few sneaking up on you and a lot!
Again, nicely done!


Posted 10 Years Ago


Anxiety and frustration are evident here, but not just with the weight gain. It's clear the speaker is also annoyed with the stresses of everyday life, and it comes through in this piece. Nice flow, and I like the way you ended it.

Aside from the poem, don't worry too much about a few extra pounds. It happens to the best of us. You'll be ok :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thought provoking ! Which is a good thing if you can make the reader do this and your poem is well written about a very common problem in today's modern society, it's not always the case that greed alone can cause weight gain, stress too can be the root of the problem, (comfort eating) and this must be addressed!

You raise an pertinent point with this excellent poem !

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great rendition on the feelings of helplessness and frustation we feel on putting on weight. The reader could feel the emotion in this write. I am going thru the same problem but trying to be regular with my walking. Take care.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013
Tags: dieting, exhaustion, happy, workout, weight, stretching, change

Author

lyss
lyss

Madera, CA



About
I am an avid reader and enjoy writing when the mood hits. more..

Writing
 A Someone  A Someone

A Poem by lyss



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..