The Soul Ravine

The Soul Ravine

A Story by Mister T.
"

A short story on something I wanted to write about.

"

Hand in hand, we walk through a beautiful time. The sun is shining, there are no clouds to be seen, the flowers greet us, life is smiling upon us. What could possibly go wrong?


I notice some dark clouds far ahead of us. She hasn’t seen them yet, hopefully they will pass by. Whatever, they will never reach us, our love is too strong.


All of a sudden the ground in front of us disappears and there is a huge ravine in front of us. I try to warn her, but it’s too late. She falls into it, unaware of what’s down there.


Dark clouds fill the once clear sky above me. Rain starts falling down from the sky. I look down: I can still see her down there. I call her name. No answer.


I keep calling her name. Still no answer. Where is she? Is she gone? What do I have to do? More and more rain starts to drop from the dark clouds.


I look in front of me: there is a bridge to the other side of the ravine. I can see the sun far ahead of me on the other side.


I’m getting the feeling she isn’t there anymore, but she still is. I can see her. She can’t be gone, she said she loved me. Was it a lie?


I stretch out my hand to her. No answer. She doesn’t want to look up. I hear something break into pieces in my ribcage. A lightning bolt lit up the sky for a split second.


What will I do; move forward on my own, or wait for her to climb out of the ravine?

© 2016 Mister T.


Author's Note

Mister T.
Hopefully you understand the meaning of it. Do not take it to literally, since you might end up thinking I'm nuts or something like that. If you do not get the meaning of it, feel free to ask.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good piece about losing love that you thought was something it was not. Coming to terms with the reality is very painful.
Thank you for sharing.
Annie

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words. Indeed, the reality seems to be what most people like to avoid.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2015
Last Updated on February 15, 2016
Tags: metaphorical, love

Author

Mister T.
Mister T.

Netherlands



About
My name is T, I'm 17 years old and I live in the Netherlands, and I want to share my stories with others. I'm in no way a professional writer, I just write what feels good. I'd like feedback from othe.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by Mister T.


Fishermen Fishermen

A Story by Mister T.


Stuck Stuck

A Poem by Mister T.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..