I Feel Like

I Feel Like

A Poem by Mister T.
"

Am I the only one?

"

I feel like

Smashing my head at my keyboard, erasing everything I’ve just written.

I feel like

Nothing I write is good enough for this world.

 

I feel like

Setting my homework on fire, forgetting about all the promises to keep.

I feel like

I never do enough.

 

I feel like

Isolating myself from humanity, not having to see all the grief and pain they cause.

I feel like

People are turning into stone.

 

I feel like

Saying goodbye to my human body, freeing my soul from its imprisonment.

I feel like

Nothing I do is good enough for this world.

© 2016 Mister T.


Author's Note

Mister T.
A little something that has been going through my head for the last few days.
Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, I've been feeling pretty much the same lately! I've been trying to write about it but I can't quite get the words right. Congrats for getting it down well.
I like how you could just keep going with this one. Every time something new happens and you wanted to write about it, you just start with "I feel like..." and voila. You made it seem (though of course it isn't) simple to put down your feelings into words, as if all you have to do is feel and come out with a great poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Mmh.. I don't know, I just sit behind my computer, type some words, think of something that sounds '.. read more
Rocksie

8 Years Ago

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with school and such.
I usually just sit and write. I hat.. read more
Mister T.

8 Years Ago

I guess we're in the same boat. School is very time-consuming, unfortunately.



Reviews

Hell, yeah.. this sounds like me from time to time, year to year!
Life and it's frustration, a bit of restlessness and thoughts to yourselves.
Very nicely expressed! I must say, you have an unique style of writing, like the work.
Keep them coming!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Life can be tough, man. Can't it?
Once again, thank you for your review :)
Wow, I've been feeling pretty much the same lately! I've been trying to write about it but I can't quite get the words right. Congrats for getting it down well.
I like how you could just keep going with this one. Every time something new happens and you wanted to write about it, you just start with "I feel like..." and voila. You made it seem (though of course it isn't) simple to put down your feelings into words, as if all you have to do is feel and come out with a great poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Mmh.. I don't know, I just sit behind my computer, type some words, think of something that sounds '.. read more
Rocksie

8 Years Ago

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with school and such.
I usually just sit and write. I hat.. read more
Mister T.

8 Years Ago

I guess we're in the same boat. School is very time-consuming, unfortunately.
You are trying to pour down your feelings here and you succeed in doing that. Though I would advise you to not stop writing. Life is kinda unfair to everyone and you're not the only one, believe me. Time passes on and wounds are healed.
Till then, just keep writing. ;)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Do you think I'm crazy? I'd never stop writing ;)
As you may have read, I'm an adolescent so .. read more
Blackheart

8 Years Ago

I am a bit older than you and trust me, I've been through all of this. Happens to almost everyone. A.. read more
I really like this little story. Tells perfectly fine how I feel sometimes. To hear that you have exactly the same gives me the strenght to keep my head up. Hope you can find that strength too in all these nice reactions. But, like all the other reactions, I too think it's quite normal to feel this way every now and then. If you might need it, remember I'm always there to talk to. I would really like to help you.
Keep up the good writings!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :)
Well, not glad to hear that you feel like this sometimes.. read more
There is something attractive in those lines. Your poem elaborates the subtle feelings of an individual. You should be happy to see that there are people who feel same sometimes. So, you are not alone. You just can not live up to everyone's expectations. Being self is the need then. Freeing your soul is one but doesn't soul need body as well?
Nice read. Profound. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for taking out some time to read and review :)
You're right, there are more people .. read more
i love the way you express how you feel !!!
I feel like
Saying goodbye to my human body, freeing my soul from its imprisonment.
I feel like
Nothing I do is good enough for this world.
these lines have magical power !!! really outstanding write
100 points i must say you really are great at poetry !!!
love this work

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing it in the first place :)
Writing brings along rather a lot of emotion.. read more
zunie frost

8 Years Ago

i really did !!! and welcome dear friend
I feel like
You and i share the same feeling
.....but hey..its okay...do embrace your feelings,dnt run away from them..that way you will be able to figure out something..if you want to talk,i am here...this is a great piece..i love it

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words :)
Indeed, feelings are to be embraced, not to be ignored. I'll.. read more
To answer your question: No, you're not the only one, not at all. I think a lot of people (especially teenagers) have the same thoughts. Doubting yourself and your own work is natural. Even some of the greatest writers I know on this site doubt themselves every now and then. As long as it doesn't prevent you from continuing your writing/schoolwork, then it's okay to feel like that every now and then.

I agree, the world can be a cold place sometimes. It can be hard to see the good in the world when it's so vastly outnumbered by the bad. But don't stop looking for it, because if you learn how to look, you will see that there are a lot of good people out there as well.

I know the others have offered this as well, but you can talk to me anytime if you feel like it. Stay strong :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Indeed, there's so many bad, it's hard to segment the bad from the good nowadays. That's just a matt.. read more
I feel like
People are turning into stone.

This is so true! I feel like this too! However, if you ever feel like talking, I know I'm a stranger, but sometimes venting to a complete stranger is what you need, yeah?

Otherwise: I love the repetition of the words feel, never, and nothing. This piece grabbed me from the start, I planned on adding it to my reading list for this weekend/my work lunch, but I couldn't stop reading! Nice job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words :)
I really appreciate it.
Zyle Christian William Cook

8 Years Ago

Of course!!!
Mister T. I don't want to say, "Don't feel that way" because that would be diminishing your feelings and to say that you are wrong. Feelings are feelings. Believe me, I've been there. Some of my writings tell the story of what I went through as a teenager (not much older than yourself) and just growing up can hurt sometimes. Keep writing. Talk to those who you love and admire. Get the feelings out. I completely understand your feelings and I think, sometimes, everyone in the world has had your same thoughts at some point. Just remember you are important. If you ever need to "talk" send me a message. I am a good listener!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mister T.

8 Years Ago

That just generated a smile on my face.. Unintendedly ;)
I'm sure to remember that. Excuse me.. read more
MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

I'm glad I could make you smile. I hope I am a good person, at least I think I am. I try to be. Th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 12, 2016
Last Updated on January 12, 2016

Author

Mister T.
Mister T.

Netherlands



About
My name is T, I'm 17 years old and I live in the Netherlands, and I want to share my stories with others. I'm in no way a professional writer, I just write what feels good. I'd like feedback from othe.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by Mister T.


Fishermen Fishermen

A Story by Mister T.


Stuck Stuck

A Poem by Mister T.