Chapter 1: The Morning

Chapter 1: The Morning

A Chapter by Miyuki
"

It's all normal right now, for April. But that's all going to change.

"

 

It was all so normal. I was so normal. I didn't do anything differently. Everything was the same, all the same. So that's why I ask myself, what went wrong? I ask myself this question all the time. How could this have happened to me? What did I do? I suppose I should just start from the beginning.

I woke up to my normal alarm, screaming in my ear on my bedside table. I groaned and looked at the glowing red numbers on my alarm clock. Six 'o' clock, time to wake up. Just like I always do. I sat on the edge of my bed and stretched my arms and legs outwards. I flicked my light on and slipped a pair of jeans and a pink shirt on, just like I always do. I stuck my feet in a pair of UGG boots like I always do. I was finished with my clothes. I looked in the full legnth mirror hanging on the white walls of my room. I looked... normal.

I went to the bathroom and picked up a tube of black liquid eyeliner. I used to pencil to highlight my eyes, just like I always do and I brushed through my eyelashes with a black mascara brush. Than I took a brush and brushed out straight blond hair. It hung on my shoulders. I examined myself in the mirror. I looked normal.

My eyes were still green, my hair was still blonde, my skin was still pale, my appearence was normal. So what was different?

I walked down the stairs and down the hall to the kitchen where my parents were sitting at the round wood table. A plate of scrambled eggs was sitting at my spot. I sat down and started eating it.

My mom sat there reading Cosmpolitan and drinking a glass of orange juice. She still had her white robe on and her blonde hair was tied into a ponytail. My mom was a stay-at-home mom who spent most of her time shopping, reading Cosmpolitan and going to the spa with her other stay-at-home mom friends. She was also part of some book club too but I think that's just an excuse to throw little parties with her friends, because the only things I've ever seen her read were, Cosmopolitan, Redbook and W. Don't get me wrong, my mom takes care of my dad and I a lot. She packs our lunches in brown paper bags and sticks a note on our sandwhiches saying, "Hope you have a nice day!"She was normal too. She didn't really deserve what was going to happen.

"Good morning, honey." She smiled, showing all of her big white teeth, her blue eyes sparkling. I don't know how she does that at 6:00 in the morning.

I looked up from my eggs and looked up at her, "Hi mom."

I looked across the table. There was my dad reading the newspaper and sipping coffee. He was wearing his usual buisness suit and fancy rolex watch. His light brown hair was turning gray. I was surprised he didn't dye it. He was a lawyer. I guess he's pretty good if he can support a family, and my mom doesn't have to work.

He peered over his newpaper and looked at me with those boring green eyes. "Did you sleep well, April?"

I nodded, "Uh- huh."

I finished my eggs and put my dishes in the sink. "I'm going to brush my teeth," I announced.

After making brushing my teeth I had that fresh, clean feeling, just like I always do. I ran down the stairs and picked up my bags. I picked up my brown paper bagged lunch. I peered in. A peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, patato chips, a home-made cookie and a bottle of water. Just like always.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I yelled to the kitchen.
"Bye honey, drive safe!" My mom yelled back.

I walked out the door and hopped into the normal small red car. As I pulled out of the neighborhood I looked both ways to make sure that there was no one coming. I was always very careful.

I got to school and parked my car in the student's lot, like I was supposed to.

I walked into the school and up to my homeroom class, my purple backpack hanging over my shoulder. After stuffing my lunch in my locker I walked to homeroom where I saw my best friend Amy. I put my books on the desk next to her and sat down.

Amy had tan skin and curly brown hair. She sat slumped over her desk, resting her head in her hand. She was wearing a purple sweater and a pair of dark jeans. Her dark eyes stared blankly at the front board. She must've finished her homeowork last night. Normally when I walked in she was doing homeowork that was due today.

"I hate school," She told me.
I rolled my eyes, "Me too."

My other friend, Cindy was sitting on my other side. She was a bit less of a slacker. She wearing a mini skirt and blue shirt. Her hair wa black hair was tied in a neat bun on top of her head. She was studying for a quiz that we had today in Science.

"You ready for the quiz?" She asked me.

I shrugged, "It's easy, so I figured I'd just wing it." I never needed to study. I never did and I had straight A's, it was working for me, so I was fine.

I looked over at Amy again, "Did you study?"
"April, I never study." She told me.

Which was true. She didn't like to and she really didn't care if she failed.

The bell rang for first period and Cindy put all her stuff in her binder. I stood up, hoisted my brown leather purse around my shoulder and gather my books in my arms. We all walked to art class together. It was all normal.

Everything was normal. I really don't need to go into detail. Everything was normal. Until, the dismissal bell rang. Nothing would be the same. I had no idea that my life was about to change.



© 2008 Miyuki


Author's Note

Miyuki
Hope you like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Miyuki
Miyuki

About
I had another account on here but I forgot the username so I just got a new one. So here I am. I like to write for fun. I'm not that good at stories. I love poetry though. Hope you like my work. I'm.. more..

Writing
Wake Up Wake Up

A Book by Miyuki